Episode 8: Crossroads and Consequences

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Episode 8 begins with Ji-eun meeting her contact, a former associate of her brother. He tells her that her brother plans to leave the country but before doing so, intends to take revenge on the police officer who almost caught him – Min-joon. This revelation shocks Ji-eun, leaving her in a state of panic.

Back at the hospital, Min-joon tries to contact Ji-eun but can't reach her. His concern for Ji-eun grows, but his injuries prevent him from doing anything. He contacts Yoo-jin, urging him to check on Ji-eun.

Meanwhile, Ji-eun rushes back to the hospital, the fear of her brother targeting Min-joon fueling her haste. She tells Min-joon about her brother's plan, expressing her fear and guilt. Min-joon comforts her, assuring her that they will figure it out together.

At the police station, Yoo-jin receives an anonymous tip about the location of Ji-eun's brother. He rallies the team and they prepare for another operation, their determination stronger than ever.

While they plan the operation, Min-joon and Ji-eun spend time together in the hospital room. They talk about what their life could have been if they had met under different circumstances. These vulnerable moments bring them closer, showcasing the strength of their love in the face of danger.

However, their peaceful

Please log in to read the full chapter