Episode 1: First Encounter

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The episode begins with a high-speed chase in Seoul's neon-lit night streets. Detective Choi Min-joon (Lee Soo Hyuk), relentless and focused, is tailing a notorious gang member involved in drug trafficking. The chase ends in a fight and Min-joon successfully apprehends the criminal, proving his reputation as a top detective.

As the adrenaline subsides, Min-joon heads to a nearby bar to wind down, a quiet place he frequently visits to escape from his stressful work life. As he nurses his drink, his eyes fall upon a woman performing a melancholic melody on the piano. The woman is Ji-eun (Kim Ji-soo), enchanting in her beauty and sadness. He finds himself drawn to her and, for the first time, leaves the shadows to request a song.

Min-joon's request surprises Ji-eun, not used to patrons requesting specific songs. She is intrigued by the mysterious and handsome man. She plays his song - a soft, haunting melody that seems to echo his concealed sorrows.

After her performance, Min-joon compliments her skills, and they share a few drinks, talking about their shared interest in music. He doesn't reveal his occupation, and Ji-eun doesn't ask. They revel in the anonymity, and an unspoken bond begins to form.

Meanwhile, a subplot unfolds. Ji-eun's older brother, a powerful crime lord, returns to his lavish estate, re

Please log in to read the full chapter