Episode 12: Acceptance and Consequences

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Episode 12 opens with Min-joon struggling to come to terms with the revelation. His heart is in turmoil as he grapples with the fact that Ji-eun, the woman he loves, is now the head of the underworld group they have been fighting against.

Ji-eun, on the other hand, steps into her new role with a heavy heart. Her main aim is to protect her brother's legacy and get him out of prison. She hires the best lawyers in the country, fighting to get her brother released through legal means.

Throughout the episode, Min-joon attempts to reach out to Ji-eun, wanting to hear the truth from her. However, his attempts are constantly thwarted by Ji-eun's new role and the security measures around her. He confides in Yoo-jin, expressing his confusion and pain.

At the police station, Yoo-jin and the team wrestle with their new reality. They start planning their next operation, but the morale is low. The sense of betrayal they feel due to Ji-eun's change of allegiance is palpable.

Ji-eun continues to navigate her new role, trying to maintain a balance between her duty towards her brother's organization and her feelings for Min-joon. Her resolve strengthens as she realizes that she cannot abandon her brother's legacy.

Towards the end of the episode, Min-joon finally manages to meet Ji-eun.

Please log in to read the full chapter