Episode 16: Love's Ultimate Sacrifice

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The finale begins with the dawn breaking over the city, signaling the commencement of the ultimate confrontation. Both Min-joon's police team and Ji-eun's underworld group converge on a designated location, the tension palpable.

The battle commences with an intense exchange, both sides putting their all into the fight. However, amidst the chaos, Min-joon and Ji-eun find themselves face to face. Their eyes meet, holding a world of love, regret, and pain.

Despite being on opposing sides, neither of them can bring themselves to harm the other. This moment of hesitation is disrupted when a rogue member of Ji-eun's group aims a gun at Min-joon. Ji-eun sees this and without thinking, steps in front of Min-joon, taking the bullet meant for him.

The battlefield comes to a standstill as Ji-eun falls into Min-joon's arms. The episode then shifts into a heartbreaking sequence as Min-joon desperately calls out to Ji-eun while she weakly clings onto life.

As Ji-eun's life ebbs away, they share a final conversation. Ji-eun confesses that she would do it all over again, even with the pain, because it allowed her to meet Min-joon. She tells him that she loves him, and her only regret is that they couldn't have more time together.

Min-joon, tears streaming down his face, confesses his

Please log in to read the full chapter