Episode 14: Shattered Alliances

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Episode 14 commences in the aftermath of the brutal confrontation between Min-joon and Ji-eun. Both are physically and emotionally battered, struggling to come to terms with the reality that they are now enemies. The battlefield is silent, reflecting the devastation of their personal war.

Back at the police station, Yoo-jin and the team deal with the fallout of the battle. The morale is at an all-time low, and they are forced to reevaluate their strategy. Yoo-jin steps up, rallying the team and reminding them of their duty to protect the city, despite the personal costs.

Ji-eun, back at her headquarters, faces her own challenges. Her leadership is questioned by some members of the underworld group, who are unhappy about the fight against the police. Ji-eun asserts her position, promising a strategy that will ensure their survival.

Min-joon, wrestling with his feelings for Ji-eun and his duty as a police officer, makes a critical decision. He resolves to end the war at any cost, believing that it's the only way to protect Ji-eun and his team.

Throughout the episode, Ji-eun and Min-joon have no direct contact, their relationship strained by their conflicting loyalties. However, they are continuously reminded of their past relationship, making their current circumstances even more difficult.

Please log in to read the full chapter