Episode 5: Painful Revelations

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The episode begins with Min-joon standing alone in his apartment, holding the picture of Ji-eun and her brother. His heart is heavy, and he feels betrayed. He realizes that he can't ignore Ji-eun's connection to the city's underworld any longer.

The next day at the station, Min-joon and his team plan a sting operation to arrest Ji-eun's brother and his gang. Min-joon volunteers to be on the frontline, his colleagues noting a newfound intensity in his resolve.

Meanwhile, Ji-eun is at the bar, anxiously waiting for Min-joon. When he doesn't show up, she decides to pay a surprise visit to his apartment. She arrives to find it empty, a sense of unease creeping over her.

The sting operation begins. The tension escalates as Min-joon and his team surround the meeting spot. Just as they're about to move in, one of the gang members notices something amiss and a shootout ensues.

Min-joon, taking the lead, gets into a fight with one of the gang members. Despite his best efforts, he's shot in the abdomen. His team quickly neutralizes the threat and calls for medical support. As Min-joon loses consciousness, his last thought is of Ji-eun.

While the team successfully arrests several gang members, Ji-eun's brother manages to escape. Yoo-jin, finding Min-joon wounded, rushes him to th

Please log in to read the full chapter