Episode 3: Shadows and Echoes

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The third episode opens with Min-joon, examining the locket, contemplating the uncanny resemblance between the woman in the picture and Ji-eun. He puts the locket in an evidence bag and drives back home, his mind filled with troubling thoughts.

In the morning, Min-joon goes jogging to clear his mind, but his thoughts drift back to Ji-eun and the woman in the locket. After his jog, he goes to the police station, where they discuss the murder and possible suspects. The team decides to dig deeper into the victim's personal life to find leads.

On the other side of town, Ji-eun plays the piano in a music school, offering private lessons to children. Her charm and kindness are palpable, making it hard for the viewers and Min-joon to reconcile the image of her with the world she might be unknowingly part of.

Later in the evening, Min-joon and Ji-eun meet again at the bar. Ji-eun senses a change in Min-joon's demeanor and asks if something's wrong. Min-joon dodges the question, and instead, they enjoy a light-hearted conversation. A moment of levity is introduced when Min-joon tries to play the piano, creating some warm and memorable moments between the two.

However, the mystery of the locket still looms over Min-joon. He starts to probe subtly into Ji-eun's personal life, asking about her family. Ji-eun, who ha

Please log in to read the full chapter