Episode 2: Entangled Hearts

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The second episode begins with Min-joon, waking up to a call from the police station. His superior demands his presence to discuss the drug trafficking case they're working on. He dresses quickly, but as he looks into the mirror, his mind drifts back to the previous night with Ji-eun.

At the same time, Ji-eun is at home, sitting in her spacious but cold bedroom, thinking about the mysterious man from the bar. The two seem to share a silent connection even when miles apart. A knock on the door interrupts her thoughts. It's her brother, who has come to check on her after his long trip. He is affectionate and caring, adding complexity to his character.

Min-joon, now at the police station, discusses the growing drug trafficking issues with his team. Their main lead is a notorious gangster, who is, unknown to Min-joon, Ji-eun's brother. Min-joon is determined to crack the case, his pursuit of justice unwavering.

The story transitions to the evening, where Min-joon and Ji-eun meet again at the bar. The connection between them grows, and they share more about their interests and hobbies. Min-joon, however, is still careful not to reveal his profession.

A phone call interrupts their conversation. It's an urgent call from Min-joon's superior, demanding his immediate presence at a crime scene. He hurriedly leaves

Please log in to read the full chapter