Episode 4: Unveiling the Mask

Between Love and Duty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The fourth episode starts with Min-joon racing to Ji-eun's music school. He observes her from afar, teaching children with a gentle smile on her face. He struggles to reconcile the image of the woman he's falling for and the potential ties she might have to the criminal underworld.

Back at the police station, Min-joon tasks Yoo-jin with finding more about Ji-eun's family background, without revealing his personal connection to her. Yoo-jin, oblivious to Min-joon's internal conflict, excitedly takes on the assignment, viewing it as a thrilling detective task.

Ji-eun's brother, now in the thick of his criminal activities, is seen becoming more ruthless and controlling, but his protective nature towards Ji-eun never falters. This creates an intense dichotomy, making his character even more captivating.

At the bar that evening, Ji-eun notices Min-joon's distant demeanor. He's caught between his growing affection for Ji-eun and the looming possibility of her being involved in criminal activities. Ji-eun, feeling his withdrawal, asks him about his profession, but he skillfully dodges the question again.

Later that night, Yoo-jin visits the bar undercover, hoping to catch Ji-eun's brother in action. He bumps into Ji-eun and is shocked to realize that she is the pianist Min-joon is smitten with.

Please log in to read the full chapter