Chapter 9

Yes, Miss President?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AHEAD!!

 

Karina’s POV

 

I’m currently doing my usual tasks, which is why I don’t have time to clean the office. I do this every day, so it’s not a new thing for me.

 

Buti nalang talaga that we only have two subjects to cover each day, so I’m not have to struggle as much.

 

I didn’t have this many tasks to do before naman, but now I’m surprised because every day there’s something to do talaga at kailangan ipasa rin siya directly to the senior high school office.

 

I’m still in my office today and I’ve also dismissed Lo— no, Miss Safanzar. As far as I know, they don’t have class today because something might happen today.

 

I think there might be a meeting in all faculties?

 

I’m not sure.

 

After a while, I finished doing what I was doing. I stood up, wondering if my surroundings were clean. I didn’t check kanina when Miss Safanzar was here, because I was more focused kung ano ang ginagawa ko kanina.

 

The whole area is clean, free of any dirt or debris. I also told Miss Safanzar pala to clean the bathroom, wala lang, trip ko lang. 

 

After walking around the office, I went to the cafeteria because I was hungry. Unfortunately, there were no more oreo biscuits left in my office, as I had been so busy that I hadn’t had time to buy any more.

 

I absolutely love oreos because they are delicious and convenient. They are quick and easy to eat, and they taste great. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a delicious and convenient snack.

 

I’m currently at the cafeteria, and I’m looking around to decide what food I want to buy. Gusto ko ng food that will make me feel satisfied, so nakapag-decide ako to buy a sandwich and oreo nalang.

 

I looked around the cafeteria, looking for an available seat. Then I saw a vacant chair, and I went over to it right away.

 

When I sat down, at sinimulan kong kainin ang sandwich. It was very filling and tasted delicious. After eating the sandwich, sinunod ko naman ang oreo. They were a satisfying snack that relieved my hunger completely.

 

I was about to get up, but then someone called me. I looked around for a while, and then I saw Lia. She was smiling and looking happy, so I decided to stay where I was.

 

“What are you doing here, Lia Marie?” I abruptly asked.

 

“You lil sh.t,” she cursed.

 

“You know what, I can give you a disciplinary slip.” I told her. 

 

“Akala mo siya hindi nagmumura,” she replied and sat down in a chair.

 

“What brings you to this place?” I asked.

 

“I went to your office kanina tapos wala ka roon, so I decided na pumunta na lang dito.” she said.

 

“Then?”

 

“May ichi-chika kasi ako sa’yo,” ito na naman siya. 

 

“I don’t have time to listen to that.” I tried to get up, but she stopped me.

 

“Parang tanga ito,” after she said that, I just went back to my seat.

 

“Nakita ko ‘yung ex ko.” she started, “Ang pangit ba naman ng pinalit sa akin.” she laughed and I closed my eyes at what I heard.

 

“Pangit ka rin naman.” I told her.

 

“Ay, wow. Parang hindi magkaibigan ah? Ganyanan na ba talaga.” she said in disbelief.

 

“I’m just stating a fact” I said, and then she responded with an irritated look.

 

“So, how are you?” she asked which confused me.

 

”You’re so random.” I told her.

 

“Natanong lang, parang tanga ito.” she responded.

 

“I’m okay,” I stated.

 

“Good to hear.” she replied.

 

I felt that she had nothing more to say to me, so I stood up.

 

“I’ll be going back na sa office ko,” I said. 

 

“Saan si Ate Joo?” she asked.

 

“May meeting yata sila.” I answered, staying on my feet.

 

“Ah, okay.” she said, and then stood up from her seat.

 

I said goodbye to her because I have other things to do pa.

 

When I arrived at my office, I began working immediately. Hindi rin naman ako nagtagal sa aking ginawa at natapos ko rin ito agad. Dahil malapit na rin mag-lunch time, I started packing all my things so I could go home.

 

Lumabas na ako sa office after I finished putting away my things. I locked the door and started walking towards the parking lot.

 

I was about to get into my car, but then I heard someone calling me again. I turned to see where the voice was coming from, and it was someone I know.

 

It’s Hyunjin, my childhood friend.

 

“What?” there was a note of annoyance in my voice.

 

“Wow, galit na galit. Hindi mo ba ako na-miss?” he asked.

 

“At bakit naman kita ma-miss?” I asked him back.

 

“Isusumbong kita kay Ate Joo, ah.” he said.

 

“Gusto mo samahan pa kita?” I challenge him, and then he rolled his eyes.

 

“I suggest you leave now, before this becomes an issue again.” I told him.

 

Every time we talk, an issue arises. Magugulat ka nalang talaga pagkagising mo, you already have jowa na.

 

“Ayos lang yan, sa akin naman. Hindi kana talo, pogi ako.” ang hangin, grabe.

 

“Ang hangin mo,” I said, irritatedly.

 

“Aalis kana ba?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Hindi ba halata?” I asked, sarcastically.

 

“Nakita mo si Lia kanina?” he changed the topic.

 

“Yes, she also discussed her ex’s new girlfriend.” I answered.

 

“Totoo sinabi niya, ang pangit talaga bago ng ex niya.” he said, then started laughing. Inikutan ko lang siya ng mata. 

 

“Mauna na ako,” pagpapaalam ko sa kanya.

 

“Hindi ka ba sasama bukas?” I have stopped getting into my car.

 

“Where?” I asked him curiously about it.

 

“Beach,” he answered briefly.

 

“I don’t have time.” I answered and got into the car, completely.

 

“Palagi naman,” he said, then rolled his eyes.

 

“Aalis na talaga ako,” I said. 

 

“Oo na, hindi naman halata na uwing-uwi kana nuh?” I heard his say.

 

“Mag-ingat ka,” that’s what I heard from him. I just smiled in response, and closed the car door. It wasn’t long before I started my car and left.

 

Nagsimula na akong magmaneho dahil gusto ko na talagang umuwi. Gusto kong matulog, o hindi kaya ay kakain muna. 

 

My condo is close by, so I arrived right away. I got out of my car and went straight inside. Nagtungo ako ng kitchen to find something to cook because I was feeling hungry.

 

Nag check ako to see if there was anything I could cook in my refrigerator, and I discovered some chicken. Dahil gutom na ako, I decided to order food instead, because it’s the easiest thing for me to do.

 

After I ordered, I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I the TV and started watching what I could while waiting for my order.

 

Hindi naman matagal ang aking paghihintay and the food I ordered arrived shortly thereafter. I quickly went to the door and opened it.

 

I received the food I ordered and promptly took it. Before closing the door, I thanked the courier, then locked the door. Pumunta na rin akong dining room to start my meal. I started by eating the chicken and then I followed it with a pasta dish. After that, I had some dessert. 

 

“I’m feeling quite full right now.” I whispered.

 

...

 

I was able to sleep earlier after eating. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost 4 PM, so I quickly got up from my bed. After getting out of bed, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. 

 

Every friday, I take the opportunity to spend time in the park because I have more free time on this day than on the other days of the week. This is the day rin when I can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, and get some exercise.

 

After I showered, I put on some casual clothes since I was only going to the park. Umalis na ako ng condo ko, at nagsimula na rin akong maglakad patungong park na malapit lang dito.

 

Nakarating ako ng park quickly and found it to be beautiful. It has a lot of peace and serenity, which is perfect for relaxation. I enjoyed taking in the sights and sounds of this place.

 

After wandering around for a while, I eventually saw someone that was familiar to me. I looked carefully and finally was able to determine that it was Miss Safanzar with someone.

 

“Anong ginagawa niya rito?” I quietly whispering, and kept looking at them.

 

It seemed like the two women were genuinely happy now. I saw Miss Safanzar laughing with the girl next to her, and she was also playing with a cat that was sitting on the girl’s lap.

 

I have tried to avoid them, but I can’t seem to get away from them.

 

After a while, I noticed the girl getting up from her seat, and figured she was leaving. Nakita ko naman si Miss Safanzar, who was smiling broadly. 

 

The girl had left for good, but Miss Safanzar was still smiling. She’s probably still thinking about how much fun she had with the girl.

 

I walked over to where she was sitting gradually, as if she had not been expecting me.

 

“M-miss President?” she spoke with a slight stuttering.

 

“Anong ginawa mo dito?” she asked.

 

“Bakit ka nandito?” she added.

 

“Galit ka pa rin ba?” I heard her ask, and I didn’t mind it. I then started sitting next to her.

 

“What are you doing here?” I abruptly asked.

 

“A-ako?” she asked pointing her self.

 

“Did you see something that I didn’t see?” I asked her, but I only heard her whispering something indistinctly.

 

“Gusto ko lang mag relax.” she told me, “Ikaw, anong ginagawa mo rito?” 

 

Instead of answering her question, I paused and asked myself why she was coming here, given that this place was so far from where she was staying.

 

“How often do you come to this place?” I asked, but she just looked at me with a questioning expression.

 

“Bakit?” she asked.

 

I really dislike it when I have to ask questions for her, and she then asks me back. It's becoming a nuisance for me.

 

“Can you please answer it nalang?” I told her.

 

“Oh, ayan. Galit ka na naman. Nagtatanong lang eh.” she said.

 

“Ikaw kasi.” I responded.

 

“Ang cute mo kapag nag ta-tagalog ka.” I heard her say. 

 

Me?

 

What?

 

“Tahimik mo naman, kinikilig kana siguro.” I was about to hit her, but her phone rang and that stopped me.

 

“Mananakit pa,” she added, then excused herself.

 

As she talked on the phone, I couldn’t help but stare at her. Miss Safanzar is very beautiful, and I’m not going to lie. In fact, I think she’s even more beautiful than the model on the cover of Vogue. 

 

Kidding.

 

“Ano pala ginagawa mo rito, Miss President? Don’t tell me, pati dito ay papalinisin mo ako.” I try not to laugh at what she said. I know she always complains about the tasks I give her at school. 

 

“If you want to, then why not?” I said, sarcastically.

 

“Ang sama-sama talaga ng ugali mo, Miss.” she mumbled.

 

“Isn’t this place far from where you live?” I asked. Hinayaan ko ang sinabi niya tungkol sa ugali ko.

 

“Huh?” she looked at me questioningly, “Ahh,” she followed then started nodding her head.

 

“Kakalipat lang namin,” she said, “Ayun oh, bahay namin.” then she points out the house that can only be seen from where we are sitting.

 

“First time ko lang din gumala rito,” she added. 

 

“How about you, Miss President? Anong ginagawa mo rito?” she asked and looked at me.

 

“Same as you.” I answered.

 

“Ang sarap mag relax dito, hano? Kaso, may nakikita akong mag jowa, ang sasakit nila sa mata.” she said in her gentle voice.

 

“Then close your eyes.” I told her.

 

“Ha H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter