Chapter 17

Yes, Miss President?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hayaan niyo na ang ibang detalye rito sa part na ito, lalo na doon sa pangalan nila. Wala na talaga akong maisip na ideya. Kaya pasensya na talaga. :⁠0

 

 

Winter’s POV

 

While having lunch with Karina, I noticed that my girlfriend seemed annoyed with me. I know the reason why, but I’m hesitant about whether I should tell her my problems or hindi. Nag aalinlangan kasi ako, and at the same time natatakot din. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit, pero ‘yun talaga ang nararamdaman ko.

 

We continued eating, and I tried talking to her, but she didn’t really pay attention to me, patuloy lang siya sa kinakain ngayon. 

 

Halatang-halata nga na naiinis siya sa akin. I understand her naman, siguro sasabihin ko nalang. Baka kasi iba na iisipin niya at magdududa siyang meron akong babae, palagi pa naman akong tutok sa phone ko.

 

“Baby,” I called her, but she ignored me and continued cutting her steak.

 

Naiinis talaga siya, jusko.

 

“Baby,” I called her again, and this time she looked at me, but with a stern expression.

 

Kinakabahan akong tumingin sa kanya ngayon, “Are you okay?” I asked, even though it was obvious she wasn’t.

 

I didn’t receive a response from her. 

 

Okay, deserve ko rin ito dahil focus na focus ako sa phone ko, ni-minsan nga nakakalimutan kong kasama ko pala siya. If ganito rin ang ginawa niya sa akin, maiinis din ako. Naiintindihan ko siya, hindi ko ‘yun dapat ginawa but it already happened. 

 

So I continued eat my meal nalang, wala naman akong ibang choice. I know that she’s really mad at me, halata naman. Sa paghihiwa pa nga lang ng steak, parang ini-imagine niya na ako ’yun eh. 

 

As we finished and left the restaurant, she remained silent. I was about to hold her hand, but she quickly pulled away and went into the car. It was even worse because she chose to sit in the backseat.

 

Hinayaan ko nalang siya and I entered the car and sat in the driver’s seat. I looked at her through the rearview mirror, and she just stared back at me.

 

Galit na galit, gustong manakit.

 

“Sorry na,” I said to her, shifting my gaze to where she was. “Why is my baby mad?” I asked her in a gentle voice. 

 

Dahil hindi ko siya matiis, I got out of the driver’s seat and moved to the back, but she immediately shifted away.

 

“Can you just go back to the driver's seat and start driving?” she said, irritated.

 

“No, saka na if okay na tayo,” I said, pero inikutan niya lang ako ng mata.

 

“Bakit pala naiinis ang baby ko?” I asked her.

 

“Ask yourself,” she said, annoyed.

 

“Okay, self, why is my girlfriend mad at me?” I asked myself, not caring if I looked foolish.

 

“Stupid,” I heard her mutter. 

 

Natawa naman ako pero hindi rin nagtagal. Hindi ko hahayaan na hindi kami magka-ayos ngayon. Inayos ko ang aking pag-upo at seryoso ko siyang tinignan.

 

“I know you’re mad at me because of my actions these past few days,” I began.

 

Sino ba naman kasi ang hindi maiinis if kung ganoon ang pinapakita? Kahit nga ako naiinis pero, wala na akong magawa dahil nangyari na, besides distracted lang talaga ako sa parents ko kaya ganun na ‘yung mga actions ko.

 

“The truth is,” I paused, and she looked at me, waiting for what I had to say.

 

“I witnessed my parents having an argument the other day, and it was the first time I had ever seen them in such a situation.”

 

“Curiosity got the better of me, so I asked them what was going on, but they wouldn’t tell me. They just said that there was no issue, but deep down, I knew there was.” I glanced over at her, and in that moment, her gaze met mine with utmost seriousness.

 

“The next morning, Mom and Dad didn’t exchange a single word, which really bothered me. Later that day, when I returned home, I noticed Mom in a rush, so I decided to ask her where she was going. She replied that they were going to Cebu, and it was almost 8 p.m. at that time and that got me thinking.” I told her, and she continued to listen.

 

“However, I decided to let it go, assuming that their destination must be important. The following day, I messaged both my Mom and Dad, but they haven’t responded to any of my messages. Now, I find myself constantly glued to my phone, anxiously awaiting their reply.”

 

Kaya focus na focus ako sa phone ko dahil hinihintay ko ang reply nila sa akin. I am busy texting some of my Mom’s friends din pero wala rin akong natatanggap na reply sa kanila. Ang nasa isip ko, siguro busy lang talaga sila, pero hindi pa rin nawawala ‘yung pag-aalala ko. Knowing na hindi sila okay na Daddy.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about that?” she asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

 

“I was scared, that’s why,” I replied, my voice tinged with apprehension.

 

“Do you trust me?” she inquired, her gaze serious and piercing.

 

“I do, baby,” I assured her, my voice filled with sincerity.

 

I trust Karina, but there are times that I’m really afraid to tell her about my problems. I don’t know why, but I really hope that I will change this toxic behaviour of mine.

 

“So, they still haven’t responded to your messages?” I nodded, uncertain about the reasons behind their silence. Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit, sanay naman ako na ganito sila pero ngayon lang ako nag-aalala kasi hindi sila okay ni Daddy.

 

Ewan ko, hindi ko talaga maalis ang pagtatalo nila. Hindi mawala sa isipan ko.

 

“Have you tried calling them?” my girlfriend inquired, concern evident in her voice. I nodded, recounting the multiple attempts I had made to reach them.

 

“Tinawagan ko sila ng ilang bese, baby, but they seem unreachable,” I shared with a hint of frustration.

 

Karina drew closer and enveloped me in her arms, offering solace. “They will message you soon, perhaps they’re just preoccupied. Everything will be okay,” she comforted, her words soothing my anxious heart. I nodded, finding comfort in her embrace.

 

“I love you,” I whispered genuinely, expressing my affection.

 

“I love you more,” Karina replied, planting a tender kiss on my head. 

 

Having shared a comforting moment, I felt a vibration in my pocket, indicating a message on my phone. Karina released me from her embrace, and I quickly retrieved my phone from my pocket.

 

And it’s Mom. 

 

She replied to me na. 

 

“Your Mom?” my girlfriend asked, and I nodded with a smile as I read the messages from Mommy. 

 

Parang kalahati sa problema ko ngayon, nawala.

 

My phone was flooded with messages from Mom now. I decided to call Mommy because I missed her and Daddy. I hoped they were doing okay.

 

“Winter, my beloved,” I heard her say.

 

“Mom, why haven’t you been responding to my messages?” I asked, with my girlfriend holding my hands.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? Let’s talk later at home, alright? I have something to tell you too.”

 

“What is it, Mom?” I inquired.

 

“Later, okay?” I nodded even though she couldn’t see me.

 

“I’m really sorry, my child, if I didn’t reply. I am really busy here," she explained.

 

“No problem, Mom. I understand,” I said.

 

“I’ll hang up now, okay? Mommy has to go to work. I love you,” Mom said.

 

“I love you too, Mom. Take care,” I replied with a smile.

 

Mommy ended the call, the line was noisy but it’s fine, I’m okay now because I also got to talk to Mommy. However, I’m really hoping that Daddy is also okay.

 

I feel nervous about what Mommy will say to me. I hope there’s nothing that happened between them. I’m really hoping.

 

“So, how was it?” my girlfriend asked me. I smiled at her and gave her a hug.

 

“Mommy will be coming home later,” I said. "But I don’t know if everything is okay between her and Daddy. She didn’t mention it, but she said she has something to tell me.” I added.

 

“Don’t think negatively, okay?” I nodded.

 

“Are we okay now, baby?” I asked, looking at her.

 

“Yes,”she said and gave me a beautiful smile.

 

“You’re so beautiful, baby. Para kang future wife ko," I told her, and she laughed.

 

“Totoo kasi, I want you to be my wife soon,” I said, sincerely.

 

“We are too young for that topic.”

 

“I’m just saying that I want you to be my future wife. Wala pa naman akong plano to make you my wife now, but if you’e ready, then why n—” I immediately received a pinch on the side.

 

Sige, kunwari hindi masakit ang kuko niyang parang bumaon yata.

 

“We should focus on our studies for now, okay? We have an exam next week,” she said.

 

“Alam ko naman. I’ve been reviewing too, even though I’m bothered by my parents,”I told her.

 

“Maybe things will be okay between them later, and after that, you can focus on reviewing again, okay?” I nodded in agreement.

 

“Love na love talaga kita,”I said, with all my heart.

 

“I love you more, Winter,” she said.

 

Dahil maayos na kami ng bebe ko. Lumipat na kami sa harapan para makauwi na. Excited na rin ako dahil makikita ko na sina Mommy, na-miss ko kasi sila. 

 

Nagsimula na akong magmaneho while my girlfriend, keep staring at me. Kanina pa siya nakatitig sa akin, akala mo naman talaga mawawala ako eh.

 

Charot.

 

Buti na lang talaga at nakakayanan ko itong pagsubok ko sa buhay. 

 

Nakarating na agad kami sa condo ni Karina. Nag-usap lang kami saglit tapos pumasok na rin siya. Hindi na rin ako nagtagal doon dahil excited na talaga akong makita si Mommy, pero mas excited ang aking baby. Kakarating pa nga lang namin, gusto na niya agad na umalis ako.

 

Nagtungo na agad ako sa bahay namin. Napansin kong wala pa ang kotse nila Mommy at madilim pa ang bahay kaya alam kong wala pa sila. Bagamat lumabas na rin ako ng sasakyan ko dahil gusto ko maligo, parang nangangamoy na rin kasi ako.

 

Char.

 

Ang init kasi, parang need ko na talagang maligo. Pero naligo ako kanina, ah. Baka isipin niyo na hindi ako naliligo.

 

Pumasok na ako sa loob ng aming bahay binuksan ko ang mga nakapatay na ilaw at agad akong pumunta sa aking kwarto, binuksan ko rin ang ulaw rito at agad na rin akong pumasok sa banyo dala-dala itong towel ko, tsaka set of pajama na susuotin ko tonight.

 

Ilang minuto ang nakalipas, natapos na rin akong maligo. Lumabas na ako at agad akong nagtungo sa living room. Hindi nagtagal, bigla namang tumunog ang doorbell namin kaya dali-dali akong nagtungo sa aming pintuan. 

 

Sana sila Mommy na ito.

 

Pinagbuksan ko ito at nakita ko si Mommy, kaya napangiti ako pero nawala rin agad dahil napansin kong siya lang mag-isa ngayon.

 

“Where’s dad po?” I asked, sabay nagmano ako sa kanya at hinalikan ko siya sa pisngi.

 

“Uhm, Winter, can we talk first? I have something to tell you,” sabi ni Mommy, at parang seryoso nga ito.

 

Nag-aalala ako sa sitwasyon nina Mommy at Daddy. 

 

Pumasok na si Mommy at agad kaming nagtungo sa living room. Umupo si Mommy sa sofa, at ako naman ay sa k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter