Chapter 14

Yes, Miss President?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Right, baby?” I said, looking at Karina.

 

I could see from her expression that she seemed taken aback by what she heard. I myself couldn’t believe what I had said, but perhaps it was because I was feeling jealous? I just wanted to let this guy know that Miss President is no longer available.

 

I mean, akin lang siya. 

 

Periodt.

 

“Y-yes, I’m going with her,” she stuttered in response to me.

 

I glanced at the guy standing before us, his eyes narrowing as he cast doubt upon Miss President and our companionship.

 

At that moment, I caught Miss President’s subtle gesture, prompting me to divert my attention towards her. A nervous smile graced her lips, revealing her inner apprehension.

 

Before long, the guy departed, his silence prevailing after Miss President’s discrete signal.

 

May secret relationship siguro ang mga ito, tapos itong lalaki, susundin niya lahat ng pinapagawa sa kanya ni Miss President dahil mahal niya si Miss President.

 

Pweee.

 

Hindi sila bagay.

 

“What’s with the face?” tanong ni Miss President sa akin. 

 

Bago sumagot, binitawan ko muna ang nakahawak kong kamay sa kanya, “Wala naman,” sagot ko na.

 

“Do you have a problem?” tanong nito sa akin. 

 

Paano ko ba sasabihin na nagseselos ako, without saying na nagseselos nga ako?

 

“Wala naman,” tipid kong sagot. 

 

“Let’s go outside?” nakangiti nitong sabi. “Seems like you have a problem but you don’t want it na malaman ko.” para siyang nagtatampo habang sinasaad niya ‘yan.

 

Wala naman akong problema eh, nagseselos lang talaga pero hindi ko ma-amin amin dahil nakakawala ng angas.

 

Kainis naman.

 

Dapat kasi chill lang tayo dito pero bwisit kasi ang lalaking ‘yun. Kuhang-kuha niya inis ko.

 

Umalis na nga kami sa opisina ni Miss President. Habang kami ay kumakain ngayon, nahuhuli ko naman itong tumitingin sa akin. While me, nag e-enjoy lang sa kinakain ko ngayon.

 

Parang ang sama ko na sa ginagawa kong ito. Hindi ko man lang masabi-sabi ang nararamdaman ko ngayon, para malaman niya sana pero ito ako ngayon, hinahayaan lang siya na mag-aalala sa akin.

 

“Are you absolutely sure that you’re alright?” she persistently inquired, asking me repeatedly since earlier, while I, on the other hand, kept responding with the usual ”Okay lang ako” even though deep down, I truly wasn’t.

 

“Yes,” I fibbed.

 

“If there’s something bothering you, you can confide in me, baby. I promise to lend you my ear, no matter what,” she declared, attempting to put on a smile.

 

Guilt washed over me.

 

“Keep eating, baby. Para mahatid na kita sa inyo, so that you can rest,” she affectionately stated.

 

Miss President and I finished eating. We left the restaurant and immediately headed to the parking lot. She even held the door open for me, and I quickly got inside.

 

Maybe this is the time for me to finally tell her what I’ve been feeling since earlier. I can’t hide it anymore because I know Karina can sense whatever it is that I’m feeling right now.

 

I could see in her eyes that she’s worried about me, but she can’t force me to speak up because she knows she won’t get any answers.

 

I feel very guilty about what I did. So now, I’m going to tell her for real. Miss President doesn’t deserve this. I know she’s hurting because of how I’ve been acting towards her. But she’s trying not to get angry or force me in any way. She keeps on smiling as if she’s not bothered by whatever it is that I’m feeling right now.

 

“Karina,” I called out, trying to get her attention.

 

She turned towards me, her gaze questioning. “Yes?” she responded, awaiting my words.

 

I hesitated for a moment, searching for the right way to begin. “Umh...,” I mumbled, my thoughts gathering.

 

Curiosity evident in her eyes, she encouraged me to continue. “What is it?” she inquired, her patience evident.

 

Taking a deep breath, I finally spoke up. “About earlier...” I started, hoping to address the topic on my mind.

 

As I mentioned the person from her office, I noticed a surprise flicker across her face. “Manliligaw mo ‘yun?,”

 

Confusion knitted her brow as she questioned, “No, why?” she asked in confused.

 

Curiosity gnawed at me, and I asked directly, “Is he just a friend of yours?” seeking confirmation.

 

She nodded, confirming their friendship. “Yes, he’s just a friend,” she affirmed.

 

Wanting to understand more, I probed further, “How long have you two been friends?” my curiosity is getting the better of me.

 

Her voice held a hint of nostalgia as she replied, “He and Lia Marie have been friends since we were in elementary school,” 

 

As I was about to ask her something, she suddenly spoke up, “That guy earlier is gay” causing me to almost choke on my own saliva. 

 

Damn.

 

Wait, bakla rin siya????

 

“Why?” she asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter