Crazy Brother

Knight in Shining Clothes

Tao did not get any sleep, he was busy trying to come up with one sensible answer as to why a beautiful girl like her would want to hide in a convent the rest of her life. He just did not get it at all. Why doesn't she want to marry? Why does she not want any kids? Why just why? But then again all these nerve wracking questions in his head made him want to make her his even more. He did love a good challenge every now and then after all. 

"Oppa," she knocked. "Are you awake?" she asked as she opened the door.

"Yeah.." he pretended to yawn. 

"Good," her brother entered the room. "Breakfast is ready. Now get out of here."

"I'm okay.. I'm not hungry..." Tao said. 

"Oppa," she approached him. "You should eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and..." her brother cut her off, "Listen, dude. What she's trying to say is she needs to get dressed. So unless you would want to watch her get before you, which I know you would do anything just to see, but I can't let you or else I'll kill you with my bare hands so you pretty much have to get out of here. "

"Jihwan oppa, stop that..." her face was flushed.

"What? Stop it? You actually want him to watch you get ?" her brother looked at her with pure disgust. "I thought you valued this purity thing you kept on talking about?" 

"NO! That's not what I meant... I... It's just... The way you talk is a little embarrassing sometimes. " she tried to explain as she lowered her head.

"Now I'm embarrassing?!" her brother gasped dramatically. "You've changed!" he then went towards the door.

"Oppa," she called after Jihwan. 

"Just get changed." he told her. "Huang Zi Tao, you may watch but DO NOT TOUCH!" he added as he closed the door.

"Yah! Ji Hwan. Watch that mouth of yours!" exclaimed her mother from downstairs.

"Sure, mom!" he shrugged.

 

She then faced him and they locked eyes with each other for a second or two. There was absolutely nothing but awkwardness in the air. She looked like she was about to cry because of sheer embarrassment and Tao wasn't okay as well. He felt really awkward and embarrassed for her. He swallowed hard and stood up to grab his phone from the desk trying his best to act natural. 

"I'm out of here." Tao rushed to the door and closed it. "You go change..." he told her. 

 

 

"That was awkward." Tao said out loud the moment he close the door. 

"Awkward indeed." said her brother...

"Why... Why did you say all those?" Tao was starting to get mad. "She looked like she was about to cry."

"Whoa there tiger! Calm down. I'm her brother, it's my job to annoy her." he shrugged. "And why does that make you mad, hmm?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because I'm concerned..." Tao said stating the obvious.

"Oh.. Yeah.. Yeah... You are." Jihwan nodded and pretended to care. "Do you like pancakes?" he asked out of the blue. Tao sighed and left him.

"Wait up...." Jihwan ran after him. 

"Leave me alone..."

"I'm her brother, remember?' Jihwan pointed out. "You have to be nice to me to get to her... Who knows maybe I'll help you out."

"What are you talking about?" Tao asked him.

"I'm not stupid. I know you have a thing for my sister." Jihwan answered. "I must warn you though, she's really boring. Too nice, too perfect. You wouldn't even catch her kill a damn cockroach."

"Your point?" asked Tao.

"My point is... I can help you out. Like by the power vested in me you could go here anytime you want. I could say that we became really close friends and I'll invite you everyday to come have dinner with us." Jihwan gave him a thumbs up. 

"Really?" Tao's mood turned from bad to really good. 

"Sure, BROTHER." Jihwan said, giving emphasis to the word brother.

"So... What's the catch?" Tao asked. "There has got to be a catch when it comes to you..." 

"Ouch! I'm not some evil guy who just gives because he wants something in return!" he gasped dramatically again. This time he even went out of his way to place his hand on his chest as he gave Tao his best "hurt face". Tao did not buy it though. He was sure there was something that this guy wanted.  

"Okay, fine..." Jihwan finally stopped acting as if he was truly offended. "All I really want is for my sister to get a ing boyfriend, okay?" he said. "Wait... Forget about the ing thing, you can't her! I'm going to kill you! Just a boyfriend, no ing allowed." he added awkwardly. 

"Uhmmm... Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, bro."

"Why does everyone in this house want her to get a boyfriend? Are you guys trying to get rid of her or something?"

"What? No. It's just that she wants to become a nun and live in a convent for the rest of her damn life." he started. "Not that there is anything wrong with that, we're Catholics. It's just that I think she deserves someone to, you know, take care of her. Look after her and make her happy, you know." Tao swear he saw a tear fall from Jihwan's eye but he ignored it so as not to damage Jihwan's pride in being a man.

 

 

 

 

 

"Here, eat." their mother stuffed a spoonful of food into Jihwan's mouth. 

"Mom, stop that." Jihwan said with his mouth full.

"Don't talk while your mouth is full, honey. It's disgusting." reminded their mom who fed him with another spoonful of food.

"So, Tao.." her father turned his attention to Tao. "Have you told your parents you are here? They must be really worried." asked her father.

"Uhmm.. Actually they're in China, sir." Tao answered. "I came here in Korea alone..." 

"Oh so you're a foreign exchange student?" 

"No, sir...." Tao replied making a mental note to ask their manager to hold a fan meeting in Taegu, it seems like not much people from here know him or EXO. They do have a TV though, a really big one at that. Do they not watch anything at all? 

"Then why are you here?" her father eyed him suspiciously. "Tell me you did not run away from home..." 

"No, sir! I did not run away.. I'm...." Tao was cut off by her little brother pulling his arm. "Yes, Jiho?" he asked the kid.

"I saw you on TV." the little boy said. Finally, someone who recognizes him! "You dance and sing..." said the kid. 

"Wait a second...." Jihwan walked towards Tao and looked at him closely. "No wonder your face was so familiar!" 

Tao smiled feeling really proud of himself. 

"Were you in that cheap talent show along with the guy who makes funny noises with his armpit?" Jihwan asked.

"What?!" Tao exclaimed. "No!"

"Oppa, Tao is from EXO-M." she said going down the stairs apparently hearing their conversation. 

"EXO-M, what's that? Another talent show?" asked Jihwan sitting back down. 

The young boy then handed Jihwan his iPad, showing a video of Tao performing with the other members on one of the SM Town concerts held in Seoul. "Hyung, this is him." Jiho pointed out.

"What?! You're from SME?!" Jihwan looked at him wide eyed. 

"Yes..." Tao answered.

"What are you doing here then?' Jihwan asked stupidly.

"What do you mean?" Tao would give anything just to understand what's going on in Jihwan's head. Jihwan was just too complicated, either that or he's absolutely insane. Tao was beginning to think it was the latter. 

"Your fans are gonna murder us!" Jihwan shouted. Then the doorbell rang. "Oh my God! They're here!" Jihwan was about to run to his room to grab his baseball bat but she figured out what was going on in her brother's mind so she grabbed him. "Stop being so paranoid, Jihwan oppa!"

"That must be Chanyeol... He's coming to pick me up." said Tao. "We did not get to finish our shoot yesterday so we're going to continue it now..." he explained as he went for the door.