Meeting the Family

Knight in Shining Clothes

"Oppa? Oppa, wake up. We're here." she shook him lightly. 

"Where... Where are we?" asked Tao whose eyes were still closed. 

"At Taegu oppa," she answered. "Let's go before the bus driver gets mad again. We're the only ones left." she stood up and walk towards exit.

"Oh... Okay." Tao followed her and the moment he reached where the driver's seat was he saw the driver glaring at her. Tao waited for her to completely get off the bus so she won't hear a thing he would say. "Yah! What's the matter with you?" he kicked the driver's seat. The driver tried to stand up but Tao made sure the driver's was planted on his seat by placing his hand on the driver's shoulder harshly.

"You, punk! Let go of me!" the driver tried to push him but Tao was like a wall. 

 

 

She didn't notice that Tao was no longer behind her so she kept walking until she reached the other side of the road. She turned to face him but he wasn't there. "Eh? Where did he go?" Thinking that Tao might still be sleeping in the bus she went back. 

 

"Why must I ing apologize for glaring at her?!" spat the driver.

"Well, it's either you apologize or I break the windows of this damn bus." warned Tao. "Don't make me do it, cause you know I would." Tao's eyes shifted from the driver to the girl waving at him from across the street. "Listen, there she is coming right now. Apologize to her or else...."

"Hey, oppa!" she called out.  Tao let go of the man's shoulder and removed the devil look from his face. "Yes?" Tao smiled getting off the bus. 

"Why are you still here?" she asked. "I thought you were still sleeping." 

"Oh... I dropped my phone while I was sleeping, luckily I realized before the bus even went off. So yeah... I got my phone." Tao showed her his phone.

"Tsk. Liar." mumbled the driver and Tao gave him a death glare. "Oh, ye-yeaah. Uhm.. Young lady," he started. "About a while ago.... I just want to apologize..."

"Don't mention it, sir. I completely understand." she smiled. "You must have had a long tiring day that's why you acted like that."

"Thank you for being understanding." said the driver and smiled at her. At that moment he started to realize why this guy did not want anyone being mean to her. She was a little angel, so innocent and fragile. He was just trying to protect her from all those bad things that could hurt her. How he wished there were more people like her. In his line of job all the people he serves are not even close to being as nice as this girl is.

 

 

"Oppa," she pulled the arms of his sleeves. "Did you ask him to apologize to me?" she asked looking directly at him.

"What? No." Tao lied. "Why would I do such a thing?"

"Oh... I just thought maybe..." 

"Guess he was just really sorry for being a grumpy dude a while ago." said Tao. 

"What a nice man." she smiled and kept walking. "Not many people can let go of their pride like that." she said. 

"Ye-yeah..." he was starting to wonder why she talked like that. She always made mention of God's Will, Angels, Faith and goodness in people during their conversation in the bus a while ago. He sometimes wondered whether it's her part time job to preach. 

 

 

 

While he was busy wondering why the hell she talked that way he did not notice that she stopped at her tracks and he bumped into her. "Oh... So-sorry..." he apologized. "Why did you stop?"

"Oppa, look" she pointed at the police car parked in front of a big house. 

"Is that your house?" he asked.

"Yes." she answered him.

"Then what's the police doing by your house?" 

"Oh not again...." she run towards her house and he followed her. There he saw two police officers trying to calm a woman down but she kept crying and shouting. Beside her was man who looked very worried, he was holding a glass of water for her but she kept pushing it away causing the water to spill on the floor. 

"My poor daughter! Where could she be now?" cried the woman. "They must be torturing her right now! Aigooo. Aigooo." 

"Relax, honey..." said the man who was now fanning her.

"Relax?! Relax?! How can you possibly ask me to relax when my daughter is out there in the hands of kidnappers?!" she shouted at him. "Sir, you have to find my daughter and save her." she begged the police officers. 

"Mom," she called out. 

"Aigooo! I miss my daughter so much I'm already hearing voices in my head." cried the woman some more. Tao did not know whether to laugh or feel sorry for her mother. But this scene in front of him was hella epic. 

"Mom, I'm right here." she walked towards the crying woman. 

"Aigoo! I'm hallucinating already!" she screamed. Then an older boy who look quite like her came rushing down the stairs holding an army knife in his hand. Followed by a little boy who was holding a bread knife in his hand. "I'm going to kill all of them!! If they even dare to touch my sister!!" the police officers tried to grab the army knife from the older boy's hand but he kept resisting and screaming that he had to save his poor sister. While the little boy was biting one of the police officer's hand telling him to let go of his older brother. 

"Oppa, stop it!" she shouted. "Jiho, stop biting the police officer please!" 

"Ommo! It's you! You're alive!" her brother let go of the army knife in his hand almost stabbing one of the police officer's foot.

She turned to her mom and sat beside her. "Mom, it's really me." she held her mother's hand. "Relax, I'm okay. You really didn't have to call the police just for this." she turned around and bowed to the police officers who are more than happy to be finally able to leave this crazy house. 

 

"How did you escape from the kidnappers?" asked her mom. 

"Mom, please stop assuming that whenever I come home late I'm always in some abandoned building tied down on a chair and is about to be beheaded without the ransom."  she said.

"Then what am I suppose to think of?" cried her mother. 

"That I was just really late or something urgent came up?" she said.

"Tell me the truth honey, did they ask you to say this? Did they threatened you? We could find these kidnappers, we have money! Don't be scared." shouted her mom.

"Mom.... Calm down... I'm okay... Really."

"No. You're not!" argued her mom. "I'm your mother! I know when you're not okay."

"Honey, I think she's okay..." her father tried to stop her mother from shouting.

"Let.... Let go of me!" he pushed her husband's hands away from her.

"You really have to stop calling the police and telling them that I'm being murdered somewhere whenever I'm late, mom." she told her mother. "This is getting rather ridiculous."

"Your daughter is right, honey." her father agreed.

 

Tao really wanted to fall to the floor and laugh his off but her older brother was eyeing him like an eagle while the younger one was..... Sniffing him? 

 

"You..." said her older brother. "Who are you?" he asked pointing at him like he was some tough guy. 

"I'm Huang Zi Tao." Tao bowed but her paranoid brother thought Tao was going to knock him off using his head so he quickly jumped back to avoid Tao but to no avail lost his balance instead. Good thing Tao was quick enough to stop him from falling. 

 

"Ahhhh. You... You... I like you already." her brother smiled as he got back to his feet. "Nice... Nice... You passed the test! You can now marry my sister." he pushed her towards Tao. "Here, take her. Tie her down if she tries to escape oh and I'm not really a clumsy loser, I was just testing you. Believe me, I'm really athletic like you." said her brother.

"Jihwan oppa, stop that!" 

"Stop what?" said Jihwan walking towards the stairs. "I'm going to bed, guys. Good- good ahh!" he almost tripped on the first flight of stairs. "Goodnight. " he said standing back up with poise, holding on to that last piece of dignity he had left.

 

Then the little boy stepped on Tao's foot. When Tao didn't even move nor noticed Jiho, he tried pushing Tao's legs. Tao looked at the little boy. "What are you doing?" Tao asked wondering why the kid was pushing him.

"Stay away from my sister! You can not marry her! She's mine!" shouted little Jiho as he tried throwing punches at Tao's legs. 

"Now now, Jihwan let's go back to sleep." she carried her and went inside the house. "Oppa, come inside." she invited Tao. "I'm just going to tuck this little guy to bed." she said leaving Tao alone with her mom and dad. 

From a far though he could still hear the little kid telling his sister that she can't marry Tao and that he did not like Tao very very very much!