Knight in Shining Clothes

Knight in Shining Clothes

"Young lady, I ain't got all night. Come on now!" said the bus driver who was getting really impatient by the minute.

"I'm so sorry. I swear I had my wallet in here...." she apologized and searched her bag once more for her wallet.

"Hurry up!" shouted one of the passengers. "I want to go home now!"

She bowed apologetically at them and searched her bag for the 10th time. It really wasn't there. "What if it fell from my bag when we were running from those drunk guys?" she wondered.

She bit her lip nervously. "Uhm. Sir... Please just take my wrist watch. I think I may have lost my wallet and I really have to get home or else my parents would really get worried." she begged. "Don't worry. This watch is not fake at all. Here, please take it." she removed the watch from her wrist and handed it to the bus driver.

The bus driver looked at her boiling with anger. "What the hell am I supposed to do with this?! Young lady, I can't take this. I need you to pay up or get out of this bus." he said angrily. She was about to kneel down and beg the driver when a familiar voice spoke behind her. "Will you stop being mean to her? She wants to get the home, man. Here you go" he handed the driver money and took her watch from him.

She didn't recognize him first because of his hoodie but the moment he handed her watch back to her she finally recognized him. "Tao oppa!" she exclaimed. "Hey, keep it down. I'm an idol remember?" he reminded her and walked towards the seat at the end. 

He sat down by the window and she sat next to him. "Thanks..." she said. 

"Don't mention it." he said coolly but deep inside he did not know what to say or do. Her sitting right next to him made him nervous as hell. 

"You keep on saving me from trouble. You're like my angel." she smiled at him.

"I'm... I'm... Uhh....Yeah." he stuttered. He failed with his trying to be the cool guy act. He looked like an idiot in front her now. He was blinking rapidly and was stuttering miserably. 

"Uhm.. Tao oppa," there it was again. Whenever she said his name he felt like going insane. 

"Yes?" he shifted his gaze from her face to his hands. "What the hell am I doing?" he thought. Tao wanted to punch himself so badly for being an idiot in front of her but actually doing so would only lead to him making a bigger fool of himself.

"Don't idols have body guards and their own vehicles?" she started.

"Yeah. Why?" 

"Why are you here then?" she asked. "Are they not going to get mad at you for running off just like that?"

"Oh ." he suddenly stood up and hit his head against the bus' roof. "Damn." he cursed. He curses a lot, but to him saying is just like saying hi or hello or whats up. It's not that much of a big thing. 

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" she stood up to check on him but fell back to her seat when the bus took a sudden stop. 

"I'm okay..." he sat back down. "You?" 

"Don't worry about me, oppa." she smiled. "We should get some ice for that. Or else it would start to bruise." 

"Naah. This is nothing." he said taking his phone out of his pocket. "I forgot I was about to meet hyung tonight. Man he must be really pissed right now." 

"You're hyung? You have a brother, oppa?" she asked driving him crazy again because of the word oppa escaping her lips. 

"I..Uhmm.. He's not my brother. We're in the same group and he just happened to be older than me." he said.

"Oh.... EXO-M?" she nodded showing that she understood.

"EXO-K actually. EXO-K produces Korean songs while EXO-M produces Chinese songs." he explained trying to dial his hyung's number. The moment the person on the other line answered she heard a loud shout. "HUANG ZI TAO!!! Where are you?! Are you okay? You got me so worried." 

"Chill, hyung. I'm okay. I just called to tell you I couldn't make it." said Tao.

"Obviously you're not coming and I wasn't worried about you. I was worried that maybe you already killed someone." he joked.

"Very funny, Chanyeol." said Tao and he faked laughed. "Listen, I have to go. See you tomorrow at the studio."

"Chanyeol? What? Call me hyung, you rascal!" said the guy from the other line.

"Go home, Chanyeol. I'm hunging up. Bye."

 

"Chanyeol.... That sounds familiar...." she thought out loud. 

"That hurt." Tao tried to pout like a puppy. But instead he looked like a lion trying to be as cute as a kitty but failing miserably.

"What? Where are you hurt?"

"No, not that kind of hurt." said Tao. " You recognize Chanyeol hyung's name but mine you don't even know." he joked.

"Well, I may have heard it from somewhere." she completely forgot about Chanyeol. "Stop pouting oppa, you look exactly like my puppy." 

"Oh...So...Uhmm... Tell me... Where is this bus heading to exactly?" he asked.

"To Taegu, oppa." she answered him.

"What? Taegu?! You live that far from Seoul?" he asked her.

"Well... Yes. My parents wanted me to study at Seoul but they also wanted me to come home everyday." she answered.

"So you go home like this everyday?"

"Pretty much. But sometimes I sleep in the convent."

"You should rent an apartment, you know." Tao suggested.

"I've been wanting to say that to my parents, but I'm still looking for a good time to go and say it." 

"There's this vacant apartment right in front of our dorm." Tao was trying his hardest not to smile like a ing ert at the idea of them being neighbors and him getting the chance to see her every single day so as not to scare her.

"Oh... I'm not so sure. But maybe I'll go check it out." she smiled. "Oppa... Can I hear one of your songs?" she suddenly asked him.

"Really? You want to hear it?" he was surprised because she didn't seem interested  at all a while ago. Tao took his phone out and plugged his earphones in. "Here you go.." he handed her his phone and she listened to EXO-M's History....

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N

 

Someone call a doctor, cause I think I'm sick..... Either that or I'm completely cured of my laziness disease. I can't believe I've updated three long chapters today and I'm itching to update more. LOL! It's a miracle!