God's Will

Knight in Shining Clothes

As soon as she entered the house she heard Jihwan singing some familiar song upstairs, to which she later on recognized as EXO's song, History. She knocked on his room's door but he was so preoccupied with hitting the right notes that he did not notice her. Jihwan was no frustrated singer, he was actually good, specially with the rap parts.

She remembered back when Jihwan was 16 years old, which was exactly 3 years ago, he was in a band together with his friends. But he later on got bored of it so he eventually stopped playing and left. Not that they were signed in any record company though, they occasionally play for the school during certain events or like most of the times, in their garage. They had lots of fangirls though, another reason why Jihwan left the band. He hated having girls running after him every single day. Sure, Jihwan was one hell of a crazy weirdo but the guy is pretty good looking and talented. Sometimes she wondered if Jihwan was just gay or really had his own world going on for him. "Just as long as he's happy..."

The moment she opened the door she saw Jihwan and Jiho dancing together as they watch EXO-M on the flat screen. Jiho was now rapping Kris' part which, to her, was the most adorable thing she has ever heard in her entire life. It's no surprise to her that Jiho was rapping quite well for a six years old, but what surprised her the most is the younger boy's dancing skills. She never knew he could dance like that! Jihwan and Jiho must have been hiding this secret boding time from her. Jiho danced like he received some lessons before, so she assumed that Jihwa have been teaching him some dancing. 

 

"Jiho, Jihwan oppa! Waaah! That was amazing!" she clapped for them as they finished their performance. 

"Noona, I want to be like Tao and Chanyeol hyung!" Jiho ran towards her. 

"You want to be an idol, Jiho?" she smiled at him and the boy nodded enthusiastically. 

"No, you don't! Jiho, being an idol ! Girls will run after you and they will never leave you in peace!" Jihwan warned.

"That's okay... I just really want to perform on stage like Tao hyung and Chanyeol hyung." said Jiho. 

"Hmm... You must ask mom and dad about it first, Jiho." she told the younger boy who after that started pouting. 

"Jiho, think about it. GIRLS! Crazy girls running after you! You don't want that." Jihwan tried to scare his younger brother out of it. 

"Hyung, I'm used to crazy people already. I live with you, remember?" said Jiho before he started running out of Jihwan's room.

 

 

"Aish! That kid!" Jihwan, surprisingly, did not run after Jiho. Instead he turned the TV off and sat on his bed. "So, how did the date go?" he suddenly asked. 

"I met the other members and we all just pretty much watched some TV and ate. Nothing more." she answered as she sat next to him after that a minute or two of silence between them followed.  She then broke the silence by saying what has been bugging her the whole day. "Oppa, I don't think Tao oppa even likes this. He might not even like me and you keep on forcing him to take me and stuff. He might secretly be annoyed of this."

"You're a straight A student but you, my sister, have a common sense as big as an ant's hole." said Jihwan as he started tossing a little pillow in the air and catching it. After the third try it hit him flat in the face and he eventually stopped playing with it. 

"What?" 

"What I'm trying to say here is he obviously likes you. You're just too stupid to not notice." said Jihwan as he grabbed a bigger pillow and placed it on her lap. He then laid his head down and started humming to What Is Love. 

"Oppa, you do know that I want to become a nun, right? And that's not going to change any day. I only see him as a friend. Maybe he does the same to me and you're just misunderstanding his feelings and taking it from something else."

"_________, you're 17. You don't really know what you want in life yet and don't go telling me it's God's will for you to be a nun. Who are you to know what God's will is?"

"But oppa, ever since we were kids I've been telling you about this. You know how much I want this." she did not want to admit that she herself was starting to get confused whether she really wanted this. 

"Why do you want to be a nun anyway?" asked Jihwan seriously, as he tried to fix the pillow on her lap and laid back down. 

"Well..." she tried to think of an answer.

"Besides the fact that you think this is God's plan for you." Jihwan added. 

"I...I..." she could not come up with an answer. All her life she believed this was God's plan so she wanted to be a nun but besides that belief there was no other reason. 

"Ever wondered why he suddenly popped out of nowhere? People come into your life for a reason." said Jihwan. 

"Oppa...." she placed the back of her hand on Jihwan's forehead to check his temperature. "Are you sick?" she asked. She cannot believe that Jihwan was sort of making sense right now. 

"I'm not sick, _________." said Jihwan as he moved her hand away. "I'm going to sleep now so stop moving." said Jihwan. 

"Ehh? Oppa, you're not going to sleep like this, are you?"

"I am, so what? Now stop moving and shut up. You should go ahead and sleep too. Tao's going to meet you tomorrow right?"

"Oppa, how can I sleep if your head is on my lap? You don't expect me to be able sleep while sitting, right?" she tried to move him away but Jihwan would just return to the same position he had. After several fail attempts to push him she finally gave up. She waited for him to finally drift off to sleep before quietly leaving him. 

 

The moment she got into her room she immediately took a pen and a notebook from her study table and started thinking of an answer as to why she wanted to be a nun. After about an hour of thinking, she only came up with one reason:

 

God's will???

 

GOD'S WILL!