My Hero

Knight in Shining Clothes

"Hey there, pretty girl. You seem to be alone." one of the guys cornered her. "Please leave me alone...." she begged. "We just wanna keep you company." said one of them as he played with her hair. The smell of alcohol on their breaths was giving her a headache. She tried to push one of them away from her but failed. "I'm okay. I don't need company." she still did not want to be rude to these guys so she talked in a nice way, thinking they'd leave her alone if she did. 

"You must be lonely. Let me make you happy." said one of the drunk guys before receiving a strong punch in the face that sent him straight to the ground. "Oh my God!" she shouted. 

"Quick! Run!" shouted the boy who just saved her as he kicked one of drunk guys in the stomach. She did not move so he grabbed her hand and started running. 

He kept looking back to check if they were closely following them, every time he did so his grip on the girl's hand tightened. They took a turn to the left and hid behind a truck.  "I think they went this way! Quick!" shouted one of the drunk morons.  Lucky enough those who were running after them didn't even noticed the two and went on the other direction.

 

"That was close." the boy wiped the sweat from his forehead and let go of the girl's hand. "Hey, it's okay now. You're safe." he assured her the moment he saw her pale and still trembling. 

"Tha-that...Guh-guy...Is...He...De-dead?" she asked him.

"Huh?" he looked at her with a questioning look on his face. "I just punched him. He's not dead." he told her.

"But he just laid there as if he was dead." she cried. She could not believe she just watched someone die right in front of her.

"Relax, okay? I just sent him unconscious. I'm not that strong to kill someone with just one punch!" he laughed at how silly she was for thinking that that guy would die because of just a single punch in the face. "And besides, he's drunk. Drunk guys just fall there and look dead every time." he added and offered his hand to help her stand. 

"You sure?" she asked and took his hand.

"Yup." he smiled. "Now let's get out of here before those bastards realize they just passed us."

"Bastards, eh? Kid, I'm going to kill you." one of the drunk guys hit his back with a piece of wood but he didn't even seemed hurt. He turned to face the one who hit him and kicked the bastard in the face. "Is that all you got?!" he looked at the rest of the gang.

"Whoah... He's so cool." she thought to herself.   

"You cocky kid!!" one of them tried to hit him but fell on his the moment the boy kicked his knees. He kicked him so hard she could've swear she heard his bones breaking. "Argghhhhhh!" the drunk man groaned in pain. Seeing that they can't win against the boy they started backing away. "You're gonna pay for this!" shouted one of them as they all started running. "I'll be waiting!" he shouted back and turned to her. "Losers... Hey, you okay?" he asked her.

"Ye-yeah." she replied. "How about you?" she asked. 

"Huh? Oh.. This... I'm okay." he said referring to his back. 

"You're not even hurt?" she didn't believe him. 

"Ehh. The ones I get from training hurts a lot more. My coach even throws me in the air sometimes." he put his hands on his pocket and walked. 

"Oh.. So you're an athlete..." she said and followed him. 

"Huh?" he looked at her dumbfounded. "I'm not..." he said raising an eyebrow. 

"But you just said...." she was sure he mentioned something about his coach throwing him in the air sometimes. 

"I'm not an athlete. Well, I do Wushu but not that much anymore...." he said.

"Oh, then what do you do?" she asked.

"What? You don't know who I am?" he stopped walking and asked her. 

It was already very dark and she couldn't make out his features very well. "Uhmm.. Should I know you?" she asked not sure how to respond. "Wait. Do you perhaps go to the same school as I do?" she asked. A car passed by and it enabled her to see his face and his peculiar clothes. "Whoa! He's good looking at the same time mysterious... But what is he wearing?!" she thought.

 

"So you mean to say you don't really know who I am?" he asked looking dumbfounded. 

"I really don't, okay? And will you please stop asking me that." she was starting to get annoyed by this guy. Just to annoy her more he started singing some song she's never heard before in her life. 

" I need you and you want me zai zhege lan se xingti..." he sang. "How about now?" he asked again, hoping that the girl would realize who he was. 

"I've never heard of that song before... I'm sorry, but you do have a nice voice." she complimented him. 

"You really don't know me, huh? Wow." he finally accepted the fact that this girl was clueless as to who he was. As she was busy staring at the boy's peculiar clothes, he was busy thinking why the hell this girl doesn't recognize him. 

"Why don't you just introduce yourself to me then?" she said now wondering if those shoes were even comfortable to walk on. 

"Oh... Okay... Well, I'm Huang Zi Tao." he smiled. "I'm one of the rappers of EXO-M, a famous group from SM Entertainment. " he added. Tao expected her to somehow be impressed or intimidated by his presence but she didn't even seem to care."This girl," he thought. "Is she from outerspace or something?" 

"So you're an idol?" she finally talked.

"Yeah." he answered.

"Aaah. That explains your clothes then." she chuckled. 

"Yah! What's wrong with my clothes?" he was starting to get mad at how ungrateful she was to him for saving her. But then another car passed by now letting him take a better look at her. The wind blew through her hair and he just stood there staring at her like an idiot.

"Nothing... They're just too... Too shiny." she said honestly and laughed. Now he didn't mind being laughed at. He actually enjoyed hearing her laugh.

"Oh.. I actually just came from shooting a commercial nearby...." he said trying to look away so as not to creep her out by the way he was staring at her.

 

"Oh... Anyway, thank you for saving me, Tao oppa." she bowed down and smiled at him. Tao oppa... The way she said it sounded too cute for him.   

"Ye-yeah. No problem..." he cleared his throat and looked at her once more trying to act cool again. "So, I didn't catch your name." 

"I'm _____________" she smiled. "It was nice meeting you. But I really have to go now. It's getting late." she bowed and turned to leave. " I hope we see each other again some time. Good luck on your career!" 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

A/N:

 

I'm being very productive today. Two chapters in one day? WOW. :)) Anyway... What a long chapter huh? Hope you guys enjoyed it. ^^