Chapter V

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina left me no choice and I didn't want to waste Rei's effort so I guess, I'll just finish my homework there. Trust me, I'm not the type to procrastinate, I hate it. 


We arrived in no time since Rei drives pretty fast but it's not scary at all because she drives smoothly. 


"They're here." I heard one of them say. Karina then went to open the gate for us.


"Happy?" I glared at her and she just smiled. 


I noticed Yeji and Ryujin are not yet here once we got inside. We've never done this before, at least with Rei's circle around so this is kind of a new feeling. 


"Yah, what are you doing? This isn't your house." I heard Rei scold Winter who's busy doing something on the television. 


"Jimin told me to set up the karaoke." she said. Karina helped her afterwards.


Ah, jeez. I knew I won't be able to do my homework here. They're gonna blow up this house. 


"Rei, let's have a drink. Come here." Yujin offered her a shot of tequila. 


"5 shots and I'm done." I heard her tell Yujin before she proceed drinking it.


"Why?"


"I'm driving, idiot." Rei responded. "I need to return Liz home before 7. I can't pass out." 


I pretended not to hear anything and just sat there quietly. 


"Liz, what about you? Want a drink?" Wonyoung asked me. I shook my head as an anwer. 


"My mom will kill me." she laughed. 


When they finished setting up the karaoke, Yujin immediately grabbed the mic and started singing. I'm not gonna lie, she has a beautiful voice.


All of a sudden, Rei sat beside me. "Hey, you okay? Don't you want anything?" 


I could only look at her for a second. Why is she so random? 


"Uhm..can you hand me the chips?" is what I asked her.


"Okay." she handed it over. "Anything else?" I shook my head as a response. And then, that's it. The conversation ended.


I hate it that every time we talk, it's always awkward. I don't know how to react every time and she couldn't put more effort into keeping our conversation going. But I guess, I can't blame it on her when I, myself, is the definition of awkward. 


What if she's made up her mind and I'm making it too hard for her? 


I gazed upon her as I eat these chips. From the looks of it, she's having so much fun. I rarely see her smile because she always have this cold aura even when she's happy so seeing her smiling like this made my heart skip a beat. 


I always knew she's beautiful but seeing her up close is different. She's even more attractive. 


My thoughts were washed away when Gaeul sat between the two of us. "I can't wait for my turn." she said, hoping for a chance to sing. 


Once Yujin's song ended, Winter snatched the mic from her. "My turn."


"Oh, that's my favorite song." I blurted out when I read the song title - Fine by Taeyeon.


"Really? Nice." Winter said. Her voice is very pretty, too. I didn't know they could sing this good. 


Without my knowledge, I'm already singing along with her. 


No I'm not
I don't think it'll be easy for me
You still fill my days
No not yet
I'm repeating like a fool
I can't hold the words lingering on my lips
It's not fine
Ah ah ah ah it's not fine


"Wow, you're good." Winter told me and everyone agreed. 


"Give her the mic then." Rei said and everyone agreed again. They let me f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter