Chapter XII

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Days went by quick and there came the swimming relay competition. As you can expect, Rei's team won. The team effort was amazing and they all did their best to win it. Yunjin, the team's anchor, made sure to give it her all now that she's graduating and will soon be studying abroad. She had done a great job at proving to herself that she's Seoul Univerisity's one of the best swimmers. But of course, she couldn't have done all this and she wouldn't be able to reach her dreams if it wasn't for Rei. 


Rei might be clueless but she became an inspiration for Yunjin. For 4 months, Yunjin kept her personal feelings to herself so she could focus on swimming and she's not actually sure if she regrets not telling Rei about how she truly feel when she had the chance or not. But either way, she's still thankful for the younger girl for making unforgettable swimming moments with her.


"It was fun being on a team with you. -Y" the letter said on a gift that was in front of Rei's locker. It made her smile because she considers Yunjin as a friend after all. The box contained a brand new instax camera with 2 packs of films.


"Should I keep this?" she asked Liz, who was somehow bothered by it, inside the locker room.


"You should." she simply said but Rei knows how to read minds. 


"I could return this to her if-" Rei was cut off by Liz. 


"No, keep it. I know I don't look okay with it but it's personal, Rei. If someone wants to give you a gift, it's not my call whether you should take it or not. It's okay." Liz seemed tense so Rei calmed her down. 


"I don't want to control you. It's not right." Liz told her and it actually makes sense. Besides, it's just a gift after all. Rei gave her a smile and held her hand. 


"Congrats, idiot!" Ryujin embraced her friend once they got out the locker room. 


"You girls were amazing." Gaeul also congratulated. "Is anyone else in your team gay?" she added, receiving a light hit on the head from Rei. 


There are girls who want to take pictures with Rei again. Liz is well aware that afer every competition there would always be girls who wants a photo with Rei but she could care less knowing the fact that the older one is head over heels for her. As long as nobody crosses the line, everything is cool with her. 


"You should take photos with her, too, so everybody would see Rei's already got a pretty blondie." Karina whispered in Liz's ear, earning a light hit from her and a chuckle.


Liz could only stare at swimmer Rei rocking her wet look. This isn't the first time she's seen her like this but it hits her right in the feels every damn time. Rei looks like a baby who just finished bathing. 


"We should go out. Fetch Wonyoung upstairs." Winter told Yujin. Whenever they go out, they're always complete. None of them should ever feel like they're being left behind. 


"Not today." she declined, giving her friends a surprise. 


"What's the matter?" 


"We're not in good terms right now." she told them but kept the reason why, afraid of being judged by them. They were respectful enough to respect Yujin's decision. 


It has been a week yet Wonyoung still need space. It worries Yujin that this could be the end

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter