Chapter XIII

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I stopped walking when she raised her voice at you." Gaeul said. "I was even more shocked when she grabbed you."


"Me, too. I was nervous." Karina added. 


"That's because that didn't happen before." Ryujin also joined in the conversation as they eat. "We were all taken aback."


"I've let too many things slide before. I don't want her doing anything she'd regret later on." Rei said and the others agreed. 


"I have a feeling that she would let out her frustrations on us." Winter told them, worried that Yujin might act different again. 


"If something like that ever happen again, please, let me know. I'm sorry you got dragged into this." Wonyoung apologised on behalf of Yujin. They can tell she was embarrassed to even be there with them because of what happened. 


"No, don't be sorry. Friends fight, it happens. She should know it's all her fault." Ryujin comforted her. 


"Yeah, she needed to hear exactly what Rei told her." Winter said, too. Wonyoung can't help but feel protected and safe around Yujin's friends. If her friends are this good, why isn't she? Comparisons exists at times like this. 


"If your words could punch, it already hit her in the face." Gaeul told her and the others agreed again. Yujin seriously needed that. For her to get things right. 


"But seriously, thank you, Rei." Wonyoung thanked her again. 


They spent their time well even without Yujin today. Although, it kind of made Rei a little bit sad because it's unusual for Yujin to be not around them but it's best for her friend to be alone for now. 


"Hey, I didn't like what happened earlier." Liz opened up her concern when Rei dropped her home. 


"I know, neither did I. I'm really sorry about that." Rei got off her motorbike to talk to Liz. 


"You could've gotten yourself hurt, you know? And I got scared of you, too." Liz made it clear to Rei that she was worried. Rei knows she can't justify her actions earlier so she just gave Liz a tight hug.


"Please, if you have to talk to Yujin, do it the right way. Don't just throw out words because you can. It could lead to something not good, Rei." Liz calmly reminded the older one who still got her locked in her embrace. 


"It won't happen again, jagi." Rei softly said.


"What did you say?" Liz's eyes widened hearing the last word.


Rei then lets go of the hug, "I said it won't happen again." 


"No, the other thing." she was waiting for Rei to say it again. 


Rei, being the bold one that she is, says, "Jagi." 


And just like that, a smile was plastered on Liz's face again. "Yah, what are you saying?" she playfully hit Rei's arm. 


"No, I swear, it won't happen again." Rei seriously told her, ignoring the fact that she just called Liz "jagi".


"Okay, that's good." she said gaving Rei a stare afterwards. 


"What?" Liz could feel her cheeks burning once more, still in surprise of what Rei called her. "I'm not doing anything, why are you blushing?" Rei asked whilst smiling sheepishly.


"Go home." she pushed Rei towards her motorbike. 


"Why are you already sending me home? Won't you miss me?" Rei joked. 


"Be careful on the road." Liz said, ignoring Rei's teasing. 


"Give me a fist bump before I go." Rei closed her fist and Liz gladly accepted it

 

REI's POV

          I just know she's still smiling right now because of what I called her. It's already been a month since I started courting her and I could say time went by so fast. In so little time, I got to know Liz better and I couldn't be more happy. 


As I drive my way home, a crying kid on the sidewalk who shares the same school as mine caught my attention. I actually drove past her already but man, I couldn't just ignore something like that so I went back. She's all alone and the sky is almost dark. 


I carefully walked towards her, letting her know I'm not a threat. I couldn't see her face because she has her arms covering her eyes. 


"Hello, are you lost?" I kindly asked making her stop from crying. She then slowly looked up, giving me a surprise. 


"Leeseo??" 


"Rei unnie." the kid hugged me. I immediately took my handkerchief out of my pocket to wipe her tears. 


"What happened to you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter