Chapter II

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Wonyoung started to catch Yujin's attention when she became the prom queen. It's not hard to notice her because even in a crowd, she'd still stand out. Wonyoung is tall, smart and pretty so it's not really surprising if people go after her. She's admired by a lot of people and you can say, many envies her, too. Yujin is that one lucky girl who captured Wonyoung's heart which of course made her happy. 

 

During the 4th month of courting her, Yujin suddenly became strange. She went cold and sometimes, she'd yell at us. We never really knew back then as to why she was being weird until I had a talk with Wonyoung. Apparently, Yujin was becoming possessive and would demand for her time even in complicated situations so it wasn't easy for Wonyoung to take. 

 

I think that was the start of our friendship but we don't really talk a lot in person until that one time when I was left alone again because of practice when Wonyoung approached me. 

 

"Hi, Rei." she greeted me before taking a sit beside me as I tie my shoelaces. 

 

"Hey. Why are you still here?" I asked, noticing she's all alone too. 

 

"I had something to do. What about you? Just finished swimming practice?" I nodded as an answer. It became quiet for a while until a question pops up in my mind. 

 

"Uhm, not that I'm nosy or something, it's just I don't see you much with Yujin these days. Did something happen?" she was hesistant to talk but she sees how concerned I am. 

 

"Yeah, it's been 5 days since we last talked." I can feel her sadness when she said those words. 

 

"What? Why?"

 

"You know that I'm quite a busy person, right? Especially being the president of student council, I always have something to do." I nod my head as I listen to her. "The thing is, she's immature. She says she understands that I have loads of responsibilities but her attitude, Rei, she keeps on asking more of my time."

 

"Well, I think you're right. Being you must've been very stressful. But she chose a girl like you so she needs to understand you. Besides, it's not like she's your only priority. Your world doesn't revolve around her."

 

"Right? And sometimes when I've just spent time with her, she's going to give me a look afterwards and say what I'm giving is not enough. She'd say I only spend time with her when I'm free but the things is, I don't really have time but I make time for her. She just doesn't get it, Rei. Trust me, it's draining." with all the rants I've heard from Wonyoung, I suddenly had the urge to have a talk with Yujin. 

 

"Do you want me to knock some sense into her? I'll gladly do it." 

 

She lets out a light chuckle. "No, thank you. I want her to realize those things on her own. If she doesn't, I don't know what I'm gonna do."

 

"I'm sorry about your situation but I'm glad I asked you about it. Seems like you've been keeping it on your own for a while now." 

 

"Yeah." she nodded her head. "Thank you, Rei." 

 

"It's nothing. You needed someone to listen." 

 

We went home together shortly. 

 

 

LIZ's POV

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter