Chapter VIII

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LIZ's POV

          Tomorrow was supposed to be our second date but their swimming coach announced earlier when the next competition is gonna be so they had to practice again starting tomorrow. 


"I'm sorry. We'll reschedule it, I promise." she kept on apologizing when she doesn't have to. 


"Hey, it's okay. I understand." I assured her. I can tell she badly want to go on a date with me but she'd have to focus on swimming first. "Can I watch?" I suddenly thought of watching it. 


"Well, yeah but we usually go home past 6. Are you okay with that?" I nodded my head as an answer. Ever since the first time I get to watch her swim, I couldn't get it out of my head. Something about swimmer Rei gives me butterflies. 


The next day after class, I went to watch their swimming practice as planned. There were other peopld who came to watch, too so I felt relieved. 


"Are you gonna be okay here?" Rei asked, not wanting to leave me uncomfortable. 


"Yes. You should go now." I told her. A few minutes after, they were all changed and ready to swim.


"Today, I just want you girls to have fun since it's the first day of practice after 2 months. But starting tomorrow, we're gonna have to pick an anchor for the relay swimming next month. We only have 3 times a week to practice so you're gonna have to give it your all. Are we clear?" Rei kept on looking at me so I had to tell her to listen carefully to their coach. 


"Yes, coach!" everyone answered. 


They started to swim one by one immediately and all I can say is Rei's pretty much enjoying herself in the pool. She's really passionate about it. 


"You're so cool." I cheered as I take a video of her. 


In those two hours, they didn't do anything else. The coach really did mean what she said about letting them enjoy first. 


"So, how was it?" Rei asked me, all smiley. 


I gave her a thumbs up, "So cool. I'd come by again next time." 


"Really? You didn't get bore?" I shook my head. "That's a relief."


After she packed her things, she said, "Give me your bag. I'll take you home."


It's already dark but I'm not worried because I told my mom I'll be home late and then I thought of something.


"Hey, since we can't have our date tomorrow, how about we have it now?" I asked her. "Or are you tired?" By the looks of it, she liked the idea. 


"I'd love that." and she showed me her genuine smile. 

 

AUTHOR's POV


           And so Rei took Liz to her favorite restaurant and introduced her japanese cuisines. This date may be unplanned, but it still made their night. For Rei, this is better than not having a second date with Liz as soon as possible. It also seemed as if Liz is more comfortable being with her now. The older one couldn't get any happier.


They went home afterwards and Rei decided to rest as soon as she came home. She couldn't stay up late talking to Liz because she still has swim practice tomorrow and she's done for the day. She needs a good rest. 


Second day of practice came wherein one of them is going to be chosen as the anchor. Rei is already guaranteed to be on the competing team but she strives for more. She knows she wants to be the anchor of the team. 


"I can do this." she cheered for herself. Last time, she wasn't satisfied with her performance so now is the perfect time to do better, she thought. They were given only an hour to practice today.


Liz wasn't able to watch as she failed to come home on time last night. Yes, she informed her mom about coming home late but she's still not allowed to do that. Liz's parents are very strict and Rei is aware of it. 


Back to swimming, Rei and Yunjin tied while the others were left out. That means they'll have to do a rematch in order to declare who the anchor is. Huh Yunjin is also known as one of the best swimmers in Seoul University alongside Rei and Kim Lip. Given that she's competitive, she was able to win 1st place last competition. 


"Alright, that's it for today, girls. On Friday, we're goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter