Chapter XIV

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I got home, they were already asleep in my bedroom. It's already past 9. I'm worried Wonyoung's parents might worry about her so I had to wake her up. 


"Wonyoung." I gently spoke to her. 


"Hey." she sat up the bed. "Is everything okay now?" 


I want to say yes but it's not. "No. Her family's a mess right now, I'll take care of her for a while." 


I saw how worried she got. This is not something that happens commonly. "Will you be okay?" 


"I hope so." I answered honestly. "I'm worried for Leeseo, she needs her mom." She didn't say anything at first but I guess it's pretty obvious how tired I am. 


She tapped my arm and said, "You look tired." I gave her a fake smile. She's right, hell yeah, I am.


She then ended up spending the night here because I'm done for the day. We called her parents to let them know she's not coming home tonight. 


"You're lucky it's the weekend." she told me once the call went off. I totally understand how lucky I am for her to be here right now. Despite her busyness, she lended a helping hand. I needed her to look after the kid while I was out. 


"I owe you big time." I said. 


She shook her head, "No, you don't. This is the least I could do after you stood up for me." 


Remembering what happened earlier, I sure was pretty involved in dramatic situations today. That explains why I feel so drained. 


"She's been calling me nonstop, you know?" she referred to Yujin. 


"I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to make it up to you. I know her. She's just idiot sometimes." we laughed. 


"I'm starving. Do you want to join me?" I suddenly thought of eating tteokbokki and ramyeon.


"Sure." she stood up and fixed the blanket for Leeseo who's sleeping soundly. 


"She fell a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter