Chapter XI

All Too Well (Lizrei)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          I also remained quiet as we interlock our fingers but the way I'm internally screaming right now...oh my God. I've never interlocked fingers with someone I like before. 


All these things I'm experiencing right now are all firsts and it's with Naoi Rei. 


I could not even focus on the movie. I wonder what she's thinking of right now? I wonder if she's going crazy inside as I am. 


My palm starts to get sweaty and I worry that she'd find it disgusting so I let go of her. "My palm's getting sweaty." I nervously chuckled. 


"I don't mind. I want to hold your hand." and she intertwined our fingers once more and I felt the same feeling a while ago. 


"Do you want more cookies?" she asked. "There's still some left in the oven." 


"I'm already full." 


"Okay, just take it home. Eat it and think of me." she joked, making me laugh.


"I always think of you." I confessed. 


"Really?" she grinned. I lightly hit her arm. 


"Focus on the movie." I tried to distract her.


"Now that you've mentioned that, I can't." I start to feel shy because she won't stop looking at me with her loving eyes. I couldn't help but let out giggles as she stare at me. 


"Stop." I told her. 


"You've turned red." she teased. I can imagine how hard I'm blushing right now. 


"Yah, stop it now." I said but she won't stop looking at me so I glared at her playfully but she gave me a smile in return. 


I wiped my other sweaty palm and puts it on her face to make her stop looking at me. She started laughing because I can't handle the stares she's giving me. 


"With that pretty face of yours, you're gonna have to deal with lots of eye contact with me, Liz. You should start working on that." I shake my head as I chuckle. She'll probably tease me a lot starting now.


We didn't get to finish the movie because we weren't able to keep up with it during our conversation. Instead, I helped her clean up even though I don't like doing it. To my surprise, it's actually okay when you do it with someone you like. It doesn't feel tiring at all. Why is that? 


"The competition's next week. I'm kinda nervous." she broke the silence as we clean. 


"I'm sure you'll do great. You've been practicing a lot." I told her kind words. "You're Naoi Rei, remember? Or did you forget?" I managed to make her smile big. 

<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter