Chapter Fifty-Two

Boyfriend for hire

Jungso/Leeteuk-

I started to walk towards the counter closely watching Haeyin who was at the back carrying packs of ramen that reached the top of her head. I noticed the ramen were getting off balance. I immediately ran towards her and was able to catch the ramens before they fell on the floor.

"Thanks, Jungso. Did you see the customers yet?" Haeyin asked me.

"No." Was all I said as I took the stack of ramen from her and carried it towards the counter.

It was a bit difficult to see where I was going as the stack of ramen covered my entire face.

"We're sorry to keep you waiting. Here are the ramens. How much would you like to purchase?" I heard Haeyin ask the customers.

I tried to take a look at the two customers but all I could see was the top of their heads. One was shorter than the other. Haeyin said they looked like models.

I guess I would have to rely on Haeyin's judgement then since I can't see a darn thing.

"We'd like to buy 20." I heard the guy say.

Funny. His voice sounded familiar.

"That's too little. We'd like to buy 30." The girl said.

Even she sounded familiar too.

"That's too much. 20 is enough." The guy argued back.

"Fine. We'll take 25." The girl said.

"Aish!... You're so stubborn. How did I ever manage to have a sister like you?" The guy said to her.

"I take after you." The girl said.

So they're related? Hmm... Their arguing is familiar too.

What's wrong with me?

Mabe I should just let these ramen down and help Haeyin with the customers. I turned away from the counter and started to put 25 ramens in a bag. Then I handed them to Haeyin without looking up.

"Jungso... five are missing. They said twenty-five." Haeyin told me counting the number of ramen.

"Oh?... sorry." I said handing her five more.

I turned around and saw the two customers looking out the window with their backs on me. I gave Haeyin the rest of the ramen and stretched my arms.

"You should get some rest Jungso." Haeyin whispered to me.

"Ani. I'm fine. I'll be taking out the trash, now so we could lock up early." I said to her going to the back of the shop where the bags of garbage was located.

Those two customers, I wish I could have seen their faces then maybe I would judge for myself if they look like models or not.

Better luck next time Jungso.

Heechul-

"Here are your purchases. That'll be _________ won." The cashier told me when she handed us the bag.

"Thanks." I said taking the bag from her and paid for it.

Yoona and I then went out the shop. We stood next to a guy that was putting two garbage bags in a garbage can. Disgusted I started to walk way.

"Yah! Wait for me!"Yoona shouted.

She ran towards me and walked with me to the hotel. She then started to feel cold I could feel her shiver.

Aish! Why didn't she bring her gloves? Now her hands are all blue.

I searched my pockets for my gloves so I could give it to her but I couldn't find it.

Damn! I must have left it at that convenient store.

"We have to go back to that store." I told her.

"Why?" Yoona asked me.

"I left my gloves there." I said turning around.

"So? Buy another one. We've already walked a long way." Yoona replied crossing her arms across her chest.

"Those gloves are my favorite. Come on." I argued as I took her hand and dragged her back to the store.

She didn't give any complaints after that. She was unsually quiet. 

Whatever.

We arrived back at the store just in time as the cashier was bout to lock the front door.

"Wait!" I said running towards her.

"Yes? Can I help you? She asked me when she saw me.

"I left my gloves in your store." I said to her a bit out of breath.

"Oh? You mean the pink one with little panda bears?" She asked me again.

"Yes. That's the one." I answered her, glad that she had recognized the gloves.

"Okay. It still must be at the counter. Come on in." She said opening the door and let us in.

She went to the counter but the gloves weren't there anymore.

"Jungso?" She asked going at the back.

"Yes?" I heard a guy answer.

His voice. It's familiar.

It's like I've heard it before.

"Have you seen a pair of pink gloves at the counter the owner is here looking for it." The cashier asked him.

All I could hear were their voices. I checked on my watch. It was getting late. I saw the cashier come to us and handed us the gloves.

"Thank you." I said to her.

"You're welcome." She said with a smile.

Yoona and I went out of the store and started to walk bach gain to the hotel. I placed the right glove on her and I placed the left glove on mine. I then took her left hand and held it with my right hand placing our hands inside the pocket of my coat.

"This way, the two of us won't get cold." I said to her and together we walked silently to the hotel.