Chapter Twenty-three

Boyfriend for hire

Sungye-

"WHAT?" Jungso and I shouted together.

It was a week after the kiss and we were with my friends, Super Junior and with Siwon and his friends. Jinhye told us that our class trip was next week and it was going to be a mandatory trip. Which means that no one is to be absent.

It was okay for us. The school was going to sponsor it anyway. But what Jinhye said after that was waht suprprised Jungso and me.

"The trip is in _____________, we'll be staying there for a week. It's perfect since we will be together as couples. Right? This is going to be so romantic." Jinhye added.

Jungso and I looked at each other and blushed. _______________ was a popular place for honeymooners and lovers. It is said that if lovers came there their love would grow even deeper.

Jungso and I aren't lovers. How can our love grow deeper if there was no love in the first place.

But then there is the kiss...

Argh! This is so freaking frustrating!

"Why would they choose a place like that for a school trip?" I asked Jinhye.

"I don't know. But I heard that the place has a village that dates back a hundred years and has not been affected by the present times... That might be the reason."Minye answered.

"Still..." I said blushing.

I couldn't help but blush. I was going to that place with Jungso. I don't know whether I'd be excited or not. I looked at Jungso and he had the same expression as me.

When I arrived home I sat on the couch. As usual no one was home. I shouted out of frustration. I had been thinking about the trip the whole day. I wasn;t able to concentrate on the exam because of it.

Great! I'm going to fail the exam. All because of that stupid Jungso. If he didn't kiss me...

Argh! I kept seeing his face and Youna's face and totally ruined my day.

"ARGH!!!!!" I shouted hitting my head with my book.

I then heard the front for close and Jungso came in with a guy I've never met before. The guy was younger I'm sure and he had a great smile though he had a serious expression on his face. He and Jungso were talking and they didn't notice me. I hid behind the couch and listened to them.

"Hyung, are you sure it's okay for me to be here? I mean there seems to be no one home." The guy said loking around.

I ducked my head when he glanced at my direction.

"It's alright. Besides you're the only one that knows that I'm living with Sungye. You didn't tell the others didn't you?" I heard Jungso say.

"Nope. I didn't. So what did you want to talk about?" The other guy said.

"You know about the class trip right?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Can you by any chance find a way for me not to go on the trip?"

What? He didn't want to go on the trip?

Why?

"Why?"

"Sungye's going to be there. Not to mention Siwon and the rest. I don't know if I could come there without getting emotional."

"Hyung... that accident was years ago. It's just a bus ride."

"But I haven't been on a car or a bus since the accident. I don't know if I can go through this."

Accident? What did he mean by accident?

Was he in an accident years ago?

How long ago was that?

"Hyung..."

"I know it's been five years but I still can't get over it Kibum. I almost lost her."

Five years?

It's also been that long since I was in an accident.

He almost lost her?

Who is he talking about?

"But Sungye's here hyung..."

"She's not the same as her."

What is he talking about?

Why am I in this conversation?

"But hyung... Sungye and ..."

"SUNGYE IS NOT HER KIBUM! It's not her..." I heard Jungso shout at the guy.

I've never heard Jungso shout like that before. I was startled and I knocked over something behind me. They saw me and both looked at me surprised.

"Aneyong..." I said to them waving my hand a bit.

Jungso took me by the arm and looked at me angrily.

"What are you doing here? How much did you hear?" Jungso asked me angrily.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." I started to say.

I was scared now. Jungso was not acting his usual self.

Is this the real Jungso?

"Hyung, let go of her. You're scaring her." Kibum said taking Jungso's hand off mine.

Jungso looked away and closed his eyes. He took a few deep breaths and the looked at me.

"Mianhe. I didn't mean to scare you." He said apologetically.

"It's okay. What did you mean when you said earlier that..." I asked him more calmly now.

"Whatever you heard... please forget about it." He said softly.

"But..." I tried to say but Kibum stopped me.

"Please Sungye. It's for the best that you didn't know anything." He said patting my shoulders.

He placed his hand on Jungso's shoulder and together they went to his room. I was left in shock. I rubbed my arm that Jungso had held so tightly.

What's going on?

Will someone please explain it to me?

I don't understand...

I really don't.

Jungso... what did I do that made you so angry?