Chapter Forty-Eight

Boyfriend for hire

Unknown Person-

I opened the front door and saw her standing in front with Jungso beside her.

They were early. Tsk!

"I was going to fetch you just now." I said to them with a fake smile.

"Jungso and I were so excited, we just can't wait." She said pinching Jungso's cheeks.

"Excited? I don't understand? Why are we here, umma?" Jungso asked her with a confused expression.

"I couldn't take it anymore, Jungso. My heart is breaking so much seeing that Sungye girl use you like that. So, I decided to take you here for a while." She told him with an obvious fake hurt expression.

Everything about this woman is fake. From her looks to her character.

How did I involve myself in this? I don't know but now, I can't get myself out.

"Aren't you going to say hi to Jungso?" She added finally introducing me.

"Aneyong, I'm Haeyin Lee." I told him introducing myself.

"I'm sorry... but I don't..." Jungso said uneasily.

"It's okay.  know about you loosing your memory. I'm just happy that you and I have finally met. I've missed you so much..." I said hugging him tight.

I wanted to throw up. I don't want to hug him. I don't even want to see him.

But...

I'm left with no other choice.

"I'm sorry... but who are you?" He asked me with a confused expression.

"I'm your... I'm your..." I started to say but the words seems to have been stuck in my throat.

Just say it and get it over with!

"She's your fiancee." She said to him in my place.

"Fiancee?" Jungso exclaimed.

"Yes..." I said as I took out the necklace that she gave me.

She stole it from Sungye's things when they were in the hospital some months back. It seemed that this necklace is something important to Sungye and Jungso. When I opened it the first time, I saw Sungye and his picture in it. It was just a simple thing to get rid of the picture and replace it with mine.

She wanted Jungso to forget everything... and I was the one tasked to do that.

I showed Jungso the necklace and he took it in his hands. He opened it and saw my picture in it.

"This...  this..." He started to say looking at me and the necklace.

"I... I gave this..."

"You gave that to me the night you had the accident. You asked me to marry you remember?" I said to him holding his hand in mine.

Jungso didn't have time to answer. He fainted right after I finished my sentence. I caught him just in time and laid him down on the ground.

"Finally he collapsed. I gave him that stupid medicine hours ago. Well, don't just stand there! Drag him in!" She said to me as she walked pass me not caring at all for Jungso.

"I can't believe you're doing this to your own son." I said to her as I half-dragged Jungso inside the house.

"Son? I have no son. That piece of **** is not mine! Don't ever mention that again!" She said to me angrily.

Great! I've made her angry. I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

"Make sure when he wakes up, he believes that you are his fiancee and he completely forgets about that..." She started to say but I interrupted her midway.

"Can't we just let them be? I mean... I'm sure Jungso won't remember what he saw that night." I tried to say but she slapped my face.

So I stopped talking.

"Stupid girl! Ofcourse he'll remember it! Listen here Haeyin! If Jungso remembers what he saw that night before the accident then we'll rot in jail for sure. I do not plan to spend the rest of my life in a jail cell!" She said slapping my face again.

"Just do what I tell you and your father won't get in trouble. Araso?" She added before turning around and leaving me with Jungso.

Damn!

I laid Jungso down on the bed and took out a recorder from the bag that she was carrying. I pushed the play button and placed it underneath Jungso's head. The recorder played the same recording that we'd been playing when he was asleep. It was the key ingredient in making Jungso's memory all messed up.

I sat down and placed my hands over my head and felt the bruise that she gave me when she slapped me.

I really didn't want to do this.

Mianhe... Jungso... I don't want to ruin your life... but it's either you or me.

In this case... I have to choose myself.