Chapter Twenty-Nine

Boyfriend for hire

Jungso/Leeteuk-

I stared at the ocean and held on to the necklace around my neck. I couldn't stop remembering her. This is the kind of places where she always wanted to go. She would often tell me to take her to the beach.

I thought... I should have taken her to places like this often... then maybe... maybe...

I looked away as tears started to fall from my eyes.

I love her so much aand I love her still.

It hurt when all I can do now is remember her and moments with her.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulders and I turned around to see Sungye infront of me with a handkerchief in her hand. She handed it to me and smiled. I took the handkerchief from her and said my thanks. She sat next to me and for a while said nothing.

My heart kept on beating fast. The crazy effect that Sungye had on me was...

What's the word?

Mistifying?

"Don't you just love places like this? If I were to go to places like this everyday I wouldn't grow tired of it." She said looking at the ocean.

I said nothing but i smiled nonetheless.

"Mianhe. I'm sorry for making you angry the other day. I really didn't mean anything. She said looking down on her feet.

A habbit she never got rid of whenever she was shy or embarrassed.

"Don't worry aabout it and I'm sorry too for over reacting." I said to her handing back her handkerchief.

"Keep it so you'll always have something to wipe your tears away." She said with a soft smile.

I've heard her say those words before. I know she sid that to me once.

"Do you want to hear a story?" I asked her.

"Okay." She answered with an eager face.

I took a deep breath and wondered if I should tell her or not.

Then I decided to tell her.

"I wasn't always like this..." I started to say and she raised an eyebrow and I laughed.

"Believe it or not I was actually a nice person... Don't look at me like that... I'm nice when I want to be... I knew this girl. She was kind, funny, smart and she always had my back and supported me in whatever I did. We were bestfriends. Until, I fell inlove with her and she fell in love with me. But the thing is she was already arranged to be married to someone else. Eventhough we knew our love could never be we still continued in our relationship... It ws hard at first and it felt like the world world was against us. But we didn't care. As long as we loved each other... One day I realized that she was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I bought a ring and I went to her house and asked her out. Then we went to our favorite place which ws very similar to this place. I went down on one knee and I asked her to marry me. She said yes and we went home happily. When our families knew that we decided to get married they were furious. Her parents planned to take her to __________ to separate the two of us. Before the night thjat she was about to leave we eloped and together with her sister we went to the nearest church to get married. But..." I started to say.

I wasn't able to finish what I was saying as tears strated to fall from my eyes and I began to cry. Sungye placed her arms around me and hugged me. She too was crying. I buried my face on her shoulder and just cried.

Remembering everything all at once hurt a lot. I decided to tell her but it proved a lot harder than it really is. in Sungye's arms, I let go of everything I felt.

"It's alright Jungso... it's alright." She kept saying to me over and over again."

"Bu-but... we met an accident... the car that I was driving went out of control... the next thing I knew.... I woke up in the emergency room and I watched the love of my life die infront of me... I was helpless to do anything... All I could do was watch...unable to move. When I woke up... she was gone... her family never forgave me. Her sister... her innocent sister... she fell in a coma... and didn't wake up for years... I promised myself I would never be involved in her life ever again... since that day... I had buried all that I felt for Minye." I said in between sobs.

Sungye suddenly let go of me and looked at me with a surprised expression.

"M-Minye?" She asked me.

Damn! I mentioned her name.

Damn it!

I said nothing but I looked away instead.

"Is the Minye that you were talking about... is she... is she... is she..." Sungye started to ask.

"Minye Jung. Your twin sister."