Chapter Thirty-Five

Boyfriend for hire

Kyuhyun-

Minye(L) sat silently beside me and put her hands together and closed her eyes. She was praying porbably for Leeteuk... or probably for everything that is happening around us.

She and Siwon go to the same church and the both of them took their religion seriously. But unlike Siwon, Minye kept most of her feelings to herself. She often prays when she's confused or sad or just about anything that she is feeling.

She and I are the same. We keep our hurt to ourselves. She hides hers in prayer whil I hide mine by playing games and making snide remarks.

That's just the way we are. I placed my arm on her shoulders and she leaned her head on my shoulder with her eyes still closed.

"They're going to be fine right? Jungso and Sungye? I mean with all the thigs that are going on with..." Minye(L) started to say but she quckly shut and moved away from me.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her confused by what she said.

"Nothing. It's nothing." She said looking away.

"You're not a very good liar, Minye and you know it. Since when have we kept secrets from each other?" I asked her a bit hurt by her lie.

"I can't tell you. I promised Ahra that I will tell no one. It just slipped. Please Kyuhyun... don't make me tell you everything. I know I shouldn't lie but... we're doing this to protect Jungso and Sungye." Minye(L) said to me on the verge of tears.

"I know. But you know me. I'm not a blabber mouth. I won't tell anyone. I don't want to have any secrets between us. Please tell me what you know." I told her holding her hands in mine.

"I don't know everything myself aside from what I've heard from our relatives and Siwon..." Minye(L) started to say.

She told me all that she knew. I understood her and the situation. I saw the point of all the secrecy. They want to protect the two. But what about us? The people close to them? Don't we deserve the truth too?

I believed every word that Minye(L) said. It just hurt that I had to find out about it this way.

"I understand. I won't tell anyone. But Minye(L), lying to them is wrong. They don't deserve to be treated like idiots being manipulated to do what you all think is right. I think they know what is right and wrong for them. For your sake, I'll keep my mouth shut. But... I have to say it again... this is wrong." i told her after she explained to me what she knew.

"I know... I want to tell them the truth too... but... we can't. All this lying is so stupid." She said wiping her tears.

"I'm sure things will work out." I told her with a smile.

She still looked serious so I made a face and she laughed at it. I laughed too and tried to remain positive regardless of what's going on.

Sungmin-

Kyuhyun and Minye(L) were talking and now they're fooling around and laughing. Seeing them together almost made me laugh.

I was proud of myself. I paired those two up for a reason and I'm seeing it now.

They complimented each other.

I just wish i had someone like that.

Siwon has Jinhye, Kyuhyun has Minye, Han Kyung has Juna, Yesung has Ahra, Donghae and Eunhyuk have each other, not that I'm implying that they're gay or anything... just brothers..., Kibum has his acting... Ryeowook has his cooking and he seems to be courting that new girl in school... what was her name? I forgot and Heechul has himself to love... then what about me? Sure I've tried many times to court Yoona... she's cute and I like her, a bit... but she likes Leeteuk and Heechul scares me to death.

Just thinking about Heechul skinning me alive once he finds out that I'm attracted to Yoona made me shiver. So I convinced myself... forget it Minnie...

But what about me? Don't I deserve love too?

Aish Minnie... don't think about stuff like that now... concentrate on Leeteuk for now...