~Chapter 5~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

~Side Ship 1~ 

JiU refused an invitation for a glamorous party, to settle for a drink at Octagon, her local women-only club. For tonight she wanted to have a quieter drinking session with simple company. She was going to meet Seola, a close friend of hers who was also in the technology industry.

“Wah, I haven’t seen you in a while Minji~” Seola greets her sweetly, hugging the purple-haired woman. 

“I’m glad you could make it, it must've taken a while to get here..” JiU replies, knowing Seola lived around 40 minutes away. For tonight though she’ll be staying over at JiU’s. 

“Anything for you bestie~” Seola shoots her finger guns, “I love your new hair by the way, makes me want to dye mine.” She gazes at her locks jealously.

JiU beams at her compliment, “Thank you! I think lighter tones would fit you well.” She pulls Seola’s sleeves towards a free table. 

“Right! I might try a cherry-tone pink?” Seola sounded unsure herself, but that changes as she sees JiU nod aggressively in agreement. 

“Not bad! I like that.” JiU encouraged her. “What drink would you like?” 

“Hmm…a Guinness will do.” Seola inputs, and JiU nods in agreement. 

“Order!” JiU calls over a waitress. 

Footsteps hurry over which makes JiU look up from admiring Seola’s newly painted nails, now having something else to admire. 

“What would you two like this evening?” The waitress asks, a notepad in hand. 

JiU badly wanted to answer ‘you’, but was rather stuck in captivation of her beauty. 

Seola recognised her friend’s dazed look with a smirk. “A Guinness pint, and..?” She nudges JiU’s calves under the table. 

JiU blinks to reality, “The same thing as her.” She mindlessly responded, subtly roaming her eyes over the waitress’s pretty figure.

“Okay, two pints coming right up.” The waitress dropped them a polite smile before walking away, JiU gazes at her skirt as it swishes by the back of her thighs- 

“Son of a marshmallow!” Seola kicks JiU’s shins this time, getting a painful yelp. “I didn’t come all the way here to see you thirst over some waitress.” 

“That’s why I ordered a beer! Not her number..” JiU tries to defend herself, only receiving an eye roll of disbelief. “She’s so pretty..” She continues in a lustful tone. 

Seola facepalms, knowing nothing could stop her friend from being attracted to pretty women…she herself only had one in her heart. 

“JiU, snap out of it, you can talk to her later, I’ve got some things to tell you.” Seola slaps her friend’s cheeks gently, forcing the woman to look away from the awaiting waitress by the counter. 

“What is it?” JiU sounded irritated. 

“There is a possibility that we would have to travel to Europe for conferences with potential customers. I can’t guarantee the dates or places, but it will be over a period of months.” Seola’s words immediately caught JiU’s attention, who perked up like a bunny hopping out of a hole with a carrot in its mouth. 

“That’s fantastic,” JiU was excited, she had always wanted to introduce her company internationally. She believed Europe was a good place to start. “I suppose the trips will be for next year?” JiU remembered that the company would be busy for the rest of the year. 

“That’s correct. I would assume mid-year or late next year.” Seola nods in confirmation. 

“Your beers, ladies.” The pretty waitress was back, setting each of them a pint, with a circular pad at the bottom. “Enjoy your evening.” 

JiU only nods as the waitress’s arm brushes against her sleeve accidentally, and her perfume enters her nose. The slight clumsiness, JiU observed, and dorky look the waitress sported made JiU realise that she was here for different reasons... 

“Mhm.” Seola savours the beer on her tongue, simultaneously using the sound to express some confusion. “Why didn’t you ask for her number?” 

JiU shrugged. “It’s busy.” She covered it up with the truth, but in her head it was a lie. 

“Woah there,” Seola put a hand in the air, “Did you just say that? The infamous players of all players-”

 “Tsk,” JiU scoffs, “It’s not like I sleep around all the time.” 

“Yeah okay, but definitely more than 0!” Seola retorted with thinned lips. “Find real love and you’ll experience 100x the thrill you experience for 10 minutes in bed, I can guarantee you that.” 

“Are you kidding me? Nothing beats the feeling of great . You haven't had enough to know. Don't even get me started on love, it’s stupid.” 

“Stupid? You’re the stupid one JiU...playing around so immaturely, you should stop it!” Seola was genuinely frustrated, disappointment clear in her eyes. “It’ll eventually do more harm than good!” 

“Are you trying to pick a fight with me tonight? I thought we were supposed to enjoy a drink together?” JiU pouted.

“No-” Seola softens, yet keeps a steady gaze onto the woman. “All I want for you to see Minji, is that life can give you something more rewarding than a one-night stand. Life is short, the saying goes, so make use of it to your fullest.” 

“You’re just like my mom,” JiU yawns, “Boring. Also, just like what love is. Filled with said-for-fun commitment and empty promises. All about trust, trust, trust, and making sure one doesn't cheat on the other. A waste of time, I feel.” JiU doesn’t hesitate to express her annoyance, tapping her heeled-boots audibly. 

“You haven't experienced real love before Minji, you can’t say that.” 

JiU chuckles darkly, “Experience? I need to experience it to know it? Hah, then explain what happened to my parents!” 

“Minji, that was a different time, with different rules and circumstances. Where you are now, gives you an opportunity to experience love the right way. Not everything is perfect of course, but you’ll definitely have a different outcome than your parents.” 

“Seola, don't act like you know everything.” JiU was quick to retaliate, “I enjoy the fun of ‘short term love’. It’s a one-way exchange where the other party doesn't give a about emotions, you never see that person again, and best of all,” JiU rested her chin onto her palm with a chic smirk, “feeling badass. I’m always at the top.” JiU wiggles her brows for Seola to catch her meaning. 

Of course Seola did, rolling her eyes in reply. “I’m asking you to give it a try as a friend, and as someone in a relationship. You’ll make life-long memories that’ll make you happy.” 

“I am happy.” 

“You’re not full of happiness,” Seola shakes her head, “You are only suppressing the emptiness you feel.” Her words confuses JiU, but she didn't want to hear anymore of this ‘find true love’ talk so she brushed it off. 

A slight tension coated the silence between them, Seola was responding to messages though not without apologising to JiU, who found herself staring at the same waitress in awe. The tall woman was subtly dancing to the music in her brown-black apron. Her lips twitch into a grin. 

‘I’m kinda tired..’ JiU downs the rest of her glass, before asking a passing waiter for another. 

“Yah!” Seola shoves JiU’s shoulder gently, “Aren't you driving us home tonight?” She sips from her half-full glass. 

JiU glares at her, “I have a much better alcohol tolerance than you!” 

“Not when you’re tired,” Seola knows her too well, already seeing her friend close to tipsy by the spacing out eyes. “1 more glass and you’re swaying helplessly.” 

JiU ignores her words, changing the topic by firing her a question over her love life. “How are you and Bona?” “I was honestly waiting for you to ask me that.” Seola winked. 

“Why? So I can enjoy you simp over her?” JiU replies sarcastically, but genuinely wanted to know. 

“Yes and that we are already discussing marriage!” JiU had never seen her friend more excited, bouncing in her seay joyfully. 

“Woah marriage? You two are taking a big step forward!” JiU carried her energy in half-surprise, half-joy for her friend.

“Yes we are, and are happy to take that step. You know what’s the craziest thing though?” Seola has that crazy look in her eyes, which JiU reads in milliseconds. 

“Your parents don't know!” The two explode in laughter for no particular reason. “Hers don't know either!” Seola refers to Bona’s parents. 

“My, my, that is crazy.” JiU thanks the waiter for bringing a second glass. “How have you guys held it off for so long?” 

“Simple, we don't go back home.” Seola nods, “We also very smartly avoid all the, ‘do you have a boyfriend question’.” 

“Haha, classic.” JiU grins, “I’ll pay you respect for that.” 

“As you should.” 

JiU made her way to the restroom after the second glass, wanting to touch up on her lip tint. Right before entering the room, she caught the sight of her prey by the mirror. She backs up by a wall. 

Yoohyeon’s POV 

‘Mhm...I wonder what time Dami will come back tonight, she texted me last few hours ago..’ I doubt that she’d come back anytime soon, probably cooped up in her tiny rented studio making up beats and songs to prove herself to her professors. 

I shook the thoughts off, trusting that Dami would take care of herself well. If she had an issue, I would always be ready to respond. 

“Hey,” I felt a presence from behind me. I didn't turn back to see who it was, their figure appearing quite angelic in the mirror, with striking features and glowing purple hair. 

“Hi.?” I wonder what a customer would need from me. Technically, I was off-work and the staff bathroom was busy so I used the public one. Usually I had no abrupt interactions like this… 

“Give me a kiss,” She took a step forward closely, so close that I could feel her exhale onto my neck. “and I’ll give you money.” 

My own lips curl into a smile at the proposal. I did like it, because I did need money urgently. 

“Oh? How much?” I still didn't turn around, but could tell that she was dying to grab me. I could tell by her fidgeting stance. 

She chuckles smoothly, ruffling her purple strands back attractively. 

“Don’t worry, a big amount. All you need to do is kiss me.” Somehow, the certainty in her tone made me believe her. 

Without saying a word, I took her wrist and brought her to an empty staff room that was at a far end of the hallway, making sure that other employees weren't there which was successful since the pub had been getting busier. 

“Empty.” The purple-haired woman spoke, glancing around at what looked like an abandoned office, “I like it.” “Only one kiss right?” I double-confirmed the deal. 

She smirks, “Yeah sure.”

“Why do you say that with doubt?” I questioned. 

“Because I don't think you’ll only want one.” 

I swallowed nervously as she shrugged her jacket off, afraid that she would be rough…

3rd POV 

Unexpectedly, she kissed her like how she wanted to be kissed, like no one had ever kissed her, soft and moist and hot and breathy, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. The heat rose in her cheeks as her tongue touched Yoohyeon's tongue, quick and electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within, seeking to chase down that elusive liquid lightning that reached through both of them. 

Yoohyeon melted in her arms, leaning helplessly against her. Her steady composure crumbled down at the touch of this special woman, making Yoohyeon’s mind go blank in seconds. It was as if her nervous system had stopped working, the signals meant for her physical mobility disrupted. The only thing she could feel was the gentle lips that made her feel whole again. 

The CEO captured Yoohyeon tightly in her arms, falling on the path towards heaven. Though she was experienced in such sensations, she nearly staggered back at Yoohyeon’s sudden weight transfer. She would normally have some consciousness while kissing someone, but somehow it felt like her body was jelly, and that her control had dwindled. To ensure a stable position, she held her lips in one place to lift her up, hands grazing her thighs to wrap them around her waist. 

Neither of them were aware of their actions, swiping unnecessary obstacles off the metal table which landed on the floor with loud thuds. Both were too immersed in the kiss to mind the noise. The table was cold to touch, but nothing in comparison to the burning feeling in their bodies. Sneaky hands travel to Yoohyeon’s lower back to allow for maximal proximity as Yoohyeon’s fingers tug at her hair to regain rhythm. 

The continued kiss only elevates the pleasures to different levels, levels higher than before. If kisses were a drug, Yoohyeon was easily addicted to hers. The harmony of their lips moving was a symphony like none other. A self-conducted orchestra that needed no assistance. 

‘Mhm…’ JiU brushes her lips against Yoohyeon’s as they gasp for air, sharing a breathing tempo and heart rate. 

“You’re…” Yoohyeon has to breathe in between, “such a…” JiU gives her a charming eye smile, “good kisser.” Yoohyeon finishes, shamelessly staring at JiU’s swollen pink lips that looked as lucious as before. 

“You too,” JiU smirks at Yoohyeon’s stare, “maybe we could do it again?” She leaned forward. 

Yoohyeon shook her head slowly, “I’d love to but...I think I have to go.” She didn't want to refuse it truthfully, palming JiU’s shoulders for some space. 

“Your eyes tell me you want too though.” JiU reads her right off, trapping Yoohyeon at the table by using her arms to hold her waist still. 

Yoohyeon shyly evades JiU’s intense gaze, blushing redder than she could ever blush. “Caught me there…” She replies raspily, which only has JiU feeling more determined. 

“I’ll pay you more.” JiU prompts, though she received a shake of her head. 

“You don't have to pay me.” Yoohyeon accepts a peck on the lips. 

“But I should-” 

“No, you really don't have to…” Yoohyeon was honest, “It’s the first time someone kissed me right.”

A satisfied grin adorns JiU’s face, causing Yoohyeon to return one. 

“In all seriousness,” JiU takes her wallet out from her back pocket, “I know the pay here is absolute so I really don't mind if you take a couple hundred.” JiU rolled out four 100-dollar notes. 

Yoohyeon’s eyes widen in shock, “No that’s too-” 

“Little? I’ll give you 800 then.” JiU rolled out another four, stuffing the stack of cash into Yoohyeon’s pocket. The waitress was still shocked over her generosity. 

“N-no…” Yoohyeon fought to remove the bills, but JiU fought back to keep it in. “I meant to say that it was too much…” 

JiU laughs huskily, which has Yoohyeon’s heart thumping quicker for an unknown reason. “Take it as an apology gift from me, for my abrupt request for a kiss.” 

The hesitation is still evident in Yoohyeon’s eyes. “I enjoyed it thoroughly, so I don't want to take anything from you.” She sees JiU’s unwavering eyes, “even if you don't need it.” 

JiU looks down onto Yoohyeon’s lap, thinking of a compromise. She knew the waitress needed the money, for whatever reason she didn't care, as long as the original deal was followed through. 

“How about this then,” JiU took the bills out of Yoohyeon's pockets, “You take 250, and I take you out on a date when you’re free.”

Yoohyeon’s lips started protesting at the deal, but JiU silenced them with her own. 

“I’m not taking no for an answer, it’s either more than 250, not less. You don't even have to go on a date with me. I’m not letting you leave this room without the money.” JiU gently cups Yoohyeon’s cheek for further convincing, “Don't think that you’re using me, I genuinely want to reward you now...I don't quite have the resources to do it any other way, so I'm giving you money. Or if you’d like, I could buy something you want.” 

Yoohyeon gasps in shock at her nonchalant words.

JiU smiles at her cute, flustered expression. 

Yoohyeon hides her face in her hands, feeling slightly overwhelmed. 

JiU gently pries her hands away, rubbing her hands softly. 

“Answer my deal.” JiU urges Yoohyeon, who sees the heart-thumping warmth in her bright eyes. 

“Fine...I’ll take the 250.” A quick smile appears on JiU’s face

“What about the date?”

“Can I trust you?”

Jiu paused. “Yes.”

“And the date then.” JiU’s smile grew wider.

“Really?” JiU couldn't believe it even though she was usually confident over such requests. 

Yoohyeon nods. 

“For what reasons?” JiU was suggestive, she squeezed Yoohyeon's hips in anticipation. 

“Many…” Yoohyeon begins, giving her real answer by locking lips one last time. 

‘Can’t wait to get her in bed…’ JiU grins against her lips. 

[Note: Names has not been exchanged] 

 

~