Chapter nine

After us

Three days had passed since I met Seonghwa and Hongjoong at their house.
Seonghwa didn't answer my message and I don't know how to feel about it.
Right now I'm in the car that will take me to the hospital to see my mother.
I'm a little stressed about going to see her, especially since I'm not supposed to know about her cancer.
When I got to the hospital, a nurse pointed out the room and I quickly made my way to it.
I knocked before entering the room.
-Hello Eomma, I greeted.
-Ah Yeosang I was waiting for you, she said.
I sat next to her and looked at her strangely, why was she waiting for me?
-Were you? I asked.
-I knew you were coming because Sana can't keep secrets.
-Did you hear us talking the other night?
-No, but I knew she was going to tell you.
I dropped the conversation but continued to look at her skeptically.
-I'm really glad that a charity came to your aid, I said with a smile.
-Oh yes, a charity, of course, she replied, flipping through a magazine in front of her.
-Yes, an association paid for your chemo.
-You two really take me for a fool, I know very well that it was you who paid me for the chemo Yeosang.
It was sure that she would not believe our story of association.
-Yes indeed eomma, I paid for it.
-Why did you do that? I don't want you to use your money for me.
-But I can totally afford it and how can I live knowing you have cancer and not paying for your treatment, it's impossible.
-So you're as rich as they say.
I lowered my head.
-You could say that I don't lack anything.
-Don't be humble Yeosang just tell the truth.
-Let's just say I have enough money to pay for your treatment without any problems.
I smiled at her, hoping that she would be satisfied with my answer.
Of course I'm rich and even more so now that I'm a solo rapper, I make a really good living.
-When are you leaving? she asked.
-Tomorrow eomma.
-This time it's for real?
-Yes, I'm really leaving.
-You promise me to come back.
I smile sadly, I'm so angry at myself for not being there enough.
-Yes, Eomma, I promise.
She smiles back at me.
The afternoon passed quickly and I went back to the hotel to pack my bags.
After I finished packing, I went outside to smoke a cigarette, I feel like I haven't smoked one in years.
The smoke flowing in my lungs made me feel good, almost making me forget all my problems.
Taking advantage of my last day in Seoul, I went for a walk with Roxanne.
She was very happy to go out and had a great time.
I really enjoy these moments because in the United States I don't really have time to make long walks as I do here.
Soon the sun went down and we went back to the hotel.
After a quick shower, I went to bed hoping to get a good night's sleep. I sleep very badly at the moment, I almost only have sleepless nights and I believe that I really start to be at the end.
In my bed I tossed and turned. Finally I grabbed my phone and looked to see if Seonghwa had answered me, of course there was still no answer. I put my phone down disappointed.
They must surely hate me, I shouldn't have fallen asleep on my hyung. I must have caused them so much trouble with the others.
It took me three hours to fall asleep and unfortunately I only slept for two hours.
I was awakened by knocks on my door.
It was my manager telling me to get up and go to the airport.
It was only eight in the morning and I was already up, coffee in hand, in the middle of an airport. I couldn't even have a smoke.
I was bummed.
Time passed more quickly than I thought it would and soon we found ourselves boarding.
Before I left the airport to head to my plane I heard two people calling my name. I quickly turned my head and saw my two hyungs waving at me.
I smiled and laughed when I saw them, he had clearly just gotten out of bed, Seonghwa was still wearing his slippers.
I quickly walked towards them and my older hyung hugged me.
-Forgive me Yeosang for not answering your message, he said.
-It's okay, Hyung, I forgive you.
-You're so kind, you haven't changed much at all.
I smile at his words.
-So why are you here?
-We wanted to say goodbye to you before you left, we were really happy to see you again and we were sad that it didn't go well the other day, forgive us, we should have told you to leave before they came, it's all our fault, Hongjoong said.
-It's okay, I don't blame you, I just hope you didn't have a problem with the others? I asked worriedly.
-It's a little bit complicated, Mingi refuses to talk to us or to see us since that day, he really takes it as a betrayal, explained Seonghwa.
I lowered my head, it's my fault.
-It's not your fault Yeosang, okay? We're taking full responsibility for what we did, and Yunho said he'd try to reason with Mingi, Hongjoong reassured me.
-Come on Yeosang, we have to go! shouted my manager.
-Yes, two seconds! I replied.
-How did you know that my flight was today and at this time? I asked.
Hongjoong smiled and pointed at my manager.
I turned to him and he gave me an innocent smile. So he was also in on it.
-Oh right, so my manager was an accomplice?
-Yes, we organized everything together, Seonghwa said with a smile.
-Well, I really have to go, I'm really glad you came and I hope it will be better with Mingi.
They gave me a last hug and we said a quick goodbye, promising to meet again.
The rest of the flight went well, I tried to get more information from my manager to find out how they set it up but he laughed or smiled in response.
I didn't sleep the whole trip when I was really hoping to get my lost hours back.
Before my manager dropped me off at home I asked him:
-Let's meet tomorrow at eight o'clock at the studio to go through the music with the producer?
-About that, forget about the music, just take some time for yourself okay?
-How's that? I frowned confused.
-I decided to give you more time off, I saw your condition in Korea and I think you really need a break, we'll keep your fans busy by releasing drafts or pre-recorded shows don't worry about that, my manager said with a smile.
Confused but rather relieved, I got out of the car and headed home. My animals quickly got their bearings and went to their respective baskets, tired of the trip.
As for me, I lay down on my bed and analyzed what had just happened.
What will I do with all this free time?