Chapter nineteen

After us

-Hyung can I have a towel please?
-Oh Sangie you got it all over again.
I felt Seonghwa wipe my lips instead of giving me the towel to do it myself.
-You're such a messy eater, he laughed.
-Sorry, Hyung.
-It's okay, honey, he said, ruffling my hair.
We were taking advantage of the first days of sunshine to have a picnic before we ran out of time.
I was currently eating a very good cake that had a lot of whipped cream and as usual I had it all around my mouth, which made the others laugh. I felt sorry for poor Seonghwa who had to wipe my mouth the whole meal.
Wooyoung, San, Yunho and Mingi were playing soccer with the ball they had brought along. Wooyoung was losing miserably, which made me laugh extremely, he looked so angry. After a few more minutes of playing I saw him approaching us with his arms crossed and a pout on his face. I already knew what he was doing, complaining.
-Hyung Mingi, San and Yunho are too mean to me, he doesn't even let me have the ball a little and he laughs at me when I can't shoot, he said while grounding dramatically on Seonghwa.
I laugh softly, Wooyoung is still the same, a real victim.
-Yeosang stop laughing at me! Hyung he is laughing at me says something!
Seonghwa looked at me with a smile.
-Wooyoung please stand up, you're crushing me and then you have to be better at soccer.
Wooyoung stood up indignantly.
-Hongjoong hyung did you hear that! Will you at least defend me?
-Don't you want to go back to playing with the boys, Wooyoung? asked Hongjoong who just wanted to have his moment of peace again.
Even more indignant than before, Wooyoung got up and went to join the others.
-Don't you want to play with them Yeosang? Seonghwa asked me, opening his arms for a hug.
-No, I'm good here, I said, lying down on top of him.
-What about you Jongho? Hongjoong asked, looking at the younger boy who was very focused on his book.
-Go and play with the others instead of having your head in the book all the time, said Hongjoong.
-But Yeosang Hyung gave it to me, I like it very much, he answered.
-Don't worry Jongho, you can read it later, I'll keep it for you, I suggested.
He looked at me uncertainly before getting up and handing me his book.
-Be very careful, Hyung.
I smiled.
-Don't worry, it's safe with me, I replied, watching him leave to play with the others.
I sat down a little more comfortably on Seonghwa's chest and watched the others play, Seonghwa started to play with my hair gently.
-You can sleep a little Yeosang, we'll wake you up when we leave, said Hongjoong.
And I decided to do exactly as he suggested and fell asleep on my hyung's chest.
I was awakened some time later by the sound of Wooyoung's voice, who was still whining.
-Why is he allowed to lie on you and not me hyung?
-Because he's Yeosang Wooyoung, you know he's everyone's favorite.
-So you say it's your favorite San too?
-Yes, I already told you that, said San laughing.
I opened my eyes and stood up to watch the two of them arguing about me once again.
-Let's go, you two argue somewhere else, Hongjoong said and got up.
We quickly put away our things and went to the car as quickly as possible. We were all tired and I could tell that we were looking forward to sleep and shower.
In the car, Yunho took the steering wheel and I sat in the back next to Wooyoung and San who was on his right.
During the trip, everyone was talking, but I preferred to look out the window.
After a traffic light we passed a big building with a sign on it. On this poster were 8 men and it was written "The pirates are back" on May 04, 2027. At the bottom was a nice logo that I like a lot: "Ateez".