Cassano Family

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walked their way to the garden and met Antonella and Cassandra in the garden, dressed charismatically.


"You two look beautiful!" Antonella spoke as she made their way towards with a genuine smile on her face and Cha Young smiled gratefully.


"Grazie Mama."


Cassandra stride along and smiled too.


"Long time no see, Cha Young!" Cassandra spoke while patting her brother's shoulder fondly.


Soon, Cassandra ushered Cha Young with her for a walk around the garden which was adorned with fairy lights everywhere.


"How's Rome been?" Cassandra asks while they walk on the bricked pathway cobbled with old stones.


"It's beautiful. We didn't go to any touristy spots, but the view from the apartment was vivid." Cha Young replied.


Cassandra slowly nodded her head in acknowledgement.


"I also started taking self-defense classes, but the initial days were quite simple and sordid."


"I understand, you know what happened right?" Cassandra asks her with a hint of uncertainty.


Cha Young smiled at her assuringly. "I understand and know, what I was concerned about was how much blood Vincenzo lost."


Cassandra chuckles.


"During his training days, he'd come home with a broken jaw or a few bones..He's been shot quite a few times on his arms and legs. There was once a time where he'd been miraculously saved as the bullet was a centimeter away from his heart.


Cha Young grimaced.


"He should train better, then! I remember he came back home all bloodied and bruised, his arm was bleeding profusely." Cha Young told exasperatedly.


Cassandra lets out a hearty laugh.


"From what you're telling me, I assume his condition was far more better than the family has saw him in." She continued "And he's been training since he was 15. Being an Asian kid, you have to cope up with a lot of bullying. Papa made him join martial arts and soon when he was in College, he started armed training with Luca. His aim is quite sharp, he taught me how to use a weapon as well. He can use a gun with both right and left hand deftly."


Well, that was impressive, Cha Young admits.


"But still, the number of bruises and blood he lost was unimpressive." Cha Young still tries to prove her point.


"It is. No doubt about that."


They walked a few more steps and then took a turn.


"Do you know about Luca?" Cassandra asked.


"Yes, Vincenzo's consiglieri and his closest confidante. I know about Alfonso too, Vincenzo's right-hand man."


"How did you got to know about Alfonso?"


"Maria told me, she tells me a lot about the family. She indulges all my queries and questions."


"That is impressive, Maria is a hard one."


"Maria's really humble and nice since the very first day we met." Cha Young says confusedly.


"Maria's father worked for the family for a very long time, her mother was Mama's assistant but they both died during an unexpected shootout by the rival family. Since then, it has been her and her brother who also died due to leukemia. They lived in a little village close to Sicily, and after her brother's death, we took her in."


"She's faced a lot and she's really young." Cha Young says trying to register the information.


Cassandra nodded.


"Papa insisted her to enroll into college and paid her fees, now Vincenzo has taken over that.."


"She didn't told me all of this." Cha Young frowned.


"It takes a little time to open up, Cha Young, but you've gained her loyalty already." 


Soon, a maid came to the both of them to inform the guests are about to arrive.


"You're going to meet the whole family today, except nonna and a few uncles, who can't make it today.. Nonna's going to arrive tomorrow." Cassandra tells her.


So, the Cassano Family is huge, Cha Young realizes.


Vincenzo was by her side while she greeted everyone, whispering softly in her ear when they spoke Italian a little too fast for her to catch.


Most of the family was Vincenzo's cousins who were older than him.


She also got to know that he is the second youngest in the whole family.


She met Rosa and Alonzo and their two children Sofia and Gabriel, Caterina and Fredrico and their little daughter Anna, and Victoria and Romano who recently got married.


Everyone in the garden is married or taken except for the youngest one who's name is Dominic.


The exchange of pleasantries went well and soon everyone settled down.


The ladies were catching up with each other while the gents were on the other side sipping wine.


Cassandra took over Vincenzo's place and she found herself conversing with Rosa and Caterina while Victoria was still meeting Antonella and everyone else as they arrived a little late.


Despite the distance, Vincenzo did manage to keep an eye on his wife.


And this certainly didn't go unnoticed by his observant sister who smiled reassuringly at him.


The garden was filled with slow churns of chatter and soon everyone made their way to the huge table.


Dinner is soon served with wine, of course.


After a hearty meal, the chatters erupt again.


Cassandra excuses her self to the bathroom and Rosa, Caterina and Victoria try to strike up a conversation with her.


"Say how's it been being the Capo's wife?" Victoria asks in a light-hearted teasing manner.


"It's been pleasant. It's not been so long though, so I guess no perks to encounter till now." She says thoughtfully with a smile.


The women laugh at the answer.


"Ahh yes, totally. How's Vincenzo been with you?" Rosa asks.


"He's kind and polite.." Cha Young says sheepishly, her mind flooded by all the times he took her to bed and tucked her in after her makgeolli sessions. In some of which, he was her drinking partner too.


"Capo is polite with family, but he mostly shows his affection by acts of service." Caterina tells her.


"The only time the family has saw him being openly affectionate with is when he's with children..His aura changes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter