Married

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cassio, what brings you here?" 

The wedding ceremony was almost coming to an end, when Vincenzo was informed about a very unexpected arrival of a rival families boss. Nonetheless, he allowed him to enter the hall.

Cassio Albero, capo of Albero family, a man in his 60's walks in. The Albero and Cassano family have never had good-terms. There was always an on-going war between them. So when Vincenzo heard of Cassio's arrival, he was surprised. Since Paolo's death, he hadn't heard from them. The last time he dealt with them was when Paolo had done something foolish and Fabio told him to take care of the matters.

"What the hell is going on Vincenzo?"

"Keep it low, Cassio. This is my wedding ceremony, shouldn't you congratulate first?" Vincenzo speaks while swirling the wine in his glass. Luca stands beside Cassio.

"Well, I guess you married the wrong woman. We had a deal!" 

"Whatever deal you had with Paolo was meant for Paolo, now that he's dead, the deal is over too. My marriage has no concern with your deals." 

"Paolo made a deal of marriage with Stella, my daughter, not this pale yellow woman like you! I thought the Cassano family is a family of it's words!"

The whole hall was deadly silent.

Cha Young, who had been chatting with some aquaintences of Antonella beside Cassandra, started walking over to Vincenzo. Maria held her arm and stopped her.

"Cha Young, they are having a conversation, let's just stay here."

Cha Young let go of her hand on her arm and walked over to Cassio.

"Cassio-" Vincenzo started to speak when Cha Young came in front of him and interrupted.

"Signore, you have been mistaken terribly. Vincenzo and I got married on our own will. And thankfully, not over a mere business deal. It is best for you to leave instead of insulting your own self here."

Vincenzo delicately grabbed her by arm and dragged her beside him. He looked at her and smiled as if she had done the right thing.

"Cassio, as my wife said, it is best for you to leave. Paolo is dead, and so are the deals and contracts you made with him. I am not his substitute who will be carrying on with his initiated marriage-contracts. I married out of any deal by my own will. Leave before things get worse."

"You married someone exactly like you, Vincenzo. An uncivilized pale-yellow woman." Cha Young came forward to reply back to him when Vincenzo held her by her waist. Luca came forward to retreat Cassio back when Vincenzo moved forward.

"Cassio." This time the voice was eerily calm and cold, which meant only one thing and everyone knew; the person has crossed its limits and this is the final warning.

Vincenzo came closer till he was face to face with Cassio and held his shoulder tightly and whispered in his ear.

"You are getting closer to death day-by-day, and your nasty smoking habit will show you the way to hell soon, I don't want to get my hands dirty with a huge scumbag's blood, but this my very last warning. Say anything about my wife, and the only thing you'll see before you die will be my face, what a shame it would be Cassio."

"You are declaring war, young man." Vincenzo chuckles coldly on his face.

"A war? Again, Cassio? Why not? Maybe this will be your last war. Just remember one thing. You initiated it and you will face the consequences. Now run off, and prepare." With that being said, he withdrew his hands off his shoulder with a shrug and Cassio tumbled back.

 

"Vai all'inferno Cassio!" Cha Young cursed as she sits on the ground with tons of makgeolli bottles surrounding her.

"If only you'd not started this.." she cursed.

Nonna has set a gathering in order to celebrate Vincenzo's wedding with the whole Cassano Family at the countryside. But Vincenzo's consiglirie, Marco had abruptly called and informed him about the attack on the vineyards by the Albero's Family; initiating the fight.

That's when Vincenzo had to fly Rome. Anontella knew there's no valid reason to stop especially the family working in Rome is in danger. However, Vincenzo was hesitant to take Cha Young along. He thought it'd be better for her to stay with the family. But Cha Young was firm and they both came to Rome.

Cha Young groans again. 

The drunk and irrational side of her is regretting her previously made decision. But the more sober and rational side of her knows that to get accustomed and settled, she had to move here with him.

What she didn't expect was a sordid routine.

Since childhood till her adult life, there has always been something keeping her engaged and busy. To strolling down the streets of her neighbourhood to studying all night for the bar exam, her life has been busy.

And now when she thought that this part of her life will top it all up, she doesn't know what to do or think. She is living an ordinary life of a housewife and while it gives her peace of mind for the upcoming murky phases in life, it's extremely boring.

Cha Young craves the adrenaline rush and she thinks that her fate, though at first very sudden and abrupt has brought her to the perfect place. Or maybe this is all just the initial excitement and things will be way more serious.

But, she can't blame anyone here.

Vincenzo and her had a brief conversation about her working in a lawfirm in Rome, and everything was taking a positive turn.

The situation isn't helping here, and all she has to do is be patient when she is quite the opposite of it.

She knows what's going on. She has saw Vincenzo's blood stained shirts when she does laundry. This tells her how intense this thing is.

It speaks volumes.

Cha Young pours herself more makgeolli and sighs.

The sound of the door opening startles her and she almost drops the bottle.

There, comes, covered in blood, a little bruised, Vin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter