Tuscany, Italy

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days together in Rome went by quickly.

Cha Young goes for her self-defense practice daily and Vincenzo is informed by Isabella on alternate days regarding the progress she's made. Soon, when he gets free from work early, he joins Cha Young and Isabella is dismissed, and then he becomes her instructor for the rest of the time.

They fall into a domestic routine.

Cha Young wakes up and makes breakfast for the both of them, then Vincenzo leaves soon after. If she has some errands to run, she goes out with Isabella, because they've gotten along well together, and Cha Young likes her company. Then comes the self-defense class in evening and usually Vincenzo picks her up from the gym and if not, then a driver is sent by him. On days he picks her up, he makes dinner for both of them, on Cha Young's request of eating an Italian dish. He helps her on weekends to learn to make an Italian dish in spare times when they're both home, but she's still in process and frankly, she's usually exhausted when she comes back so he's the one making supper.

If he doesn't come back, then she just makes her own meal and puts one aside for him to have when he comes home.

There are days he comes with his collar and cuffs in blood.

They don't talk about it, Cha Young doesn't ask, and he prefers to remain silent.

But if he comes a little bruised, she does asks if the blood is his or not while treating his wounds, though he's told her he'll do it on his own and then receives a heated glare from her.

The answer satisfies her and then silence engulfs them both.

 

Soon, they leave for Florence, Tuscany.

Vincenzo tells her that the Cassano Family holds a festival every spring in which everyone gathers and spend a week or two together. He tells her that the family has an estate on the outskirts of Tuscany with several vineyards.

The family holds a huge share in the import and export of winery of Italy. That is one of their many businesses.

Once they land, they're escorted by Luca and Marco and then are making their way to the estate.

There's a brief chat between the three of the men while Cha Young is mesmerized by the beauty of Tuscany and is glued to the windows the whole ride.

While she's lived in Italy for a long period of time, she's never had the chance to explore it.

Her father being busy with work and her with studies, mostly.

And even if she had holidays, her father didn't and those rare days he was home, they were spent in drinking heaps of makgeolli and spending quality time with each other.

Lush green landscape and hills with hues of orange sun rays captivating the sky is a sight to behold.

She admires the view along the ride.

"It's beautiful, here." She says while watching the view as the car drives by.

"Wait till you see the estate, it's more peaceful and beautiful." Vincenzo says while smiling at her being bewitched from the scenery.

And true to his words, the estate was enchanting.

They stopped by the front of the villa where the guards opened the doors for both of them.

In front of the main gate, she could see Antonella and Cassandra waiting for them.

Vincenzo soon came to her side and they walked in towards them.

"Youngina!" Antonella hugs her tight and kisses both of her cheeks.

"Come'stai?"

Vincenzo is next in line for the hug. He certainly doesn't know how he feels about him becoming the second, in line.

"Bene, Mama. Come'stai? How's Casandra?" Cha Young asks a wide bright smile on her face.

The maids take their luggage in and the three of them follow behind, entering the villa while chatting.

After a brief chat, Antonella tells them to go freshen up for the evening dinner with the rest of the family.

"The room is on the second floor." She says looking at Cha Young with a soft smile, and Vincenzo's eyes widen.

"Mama..." He speaks slowly.

"Anything wrong, Caro?"

And then there's a cajoling of Italian between Vincenzo and Antonella.

Cha Young stands there surprised by how swiftly they're both speaking.

She can only understand a few bits here and there, though. As much as she is fluent in Italian, she's never had someone wheedling with her like this and the words and phrases are hard to catch and decipher.

Soon the conversation simmers down and Cha Young notices Antonella's calm and smooth face while Vincenzo was getting a little worked up.

"Take Cha Young upstairs, Caro, you both can rest now. Dinner starts at 8." She squeezes Cha Young's shoulder lightly and then walks past them to a maid who's walking past with white tablecloths neatly folded in hand.

Vincenzo looks deflated and defeated and they both make their way up the vintage and magnificent villa which also somehow gives off a warm vibe.

Once they are walking in the corridors of second floor that's when Cha Young asks.

"Did something happen?" And Vincenzo was lost in muse when his bubble of thoughts was interrupted.

"All the rooms on Second Floor have one bed."

Cha Young nods, eyes lit with understanding, but then she realizes that is, in fact a major problem and stops looking wide up at him.

He stops, mid-step too.

He finally smiled because he had been taking in her expressions since he told her the reason but then speaks to ease her "Fortunately, there's a huge sofa, so don't worry."

"Who says I am worrying." She says behind him resuming her steps, ad he waits for her to catch up with him before they arrive in front of their room and he opens the door, and gestures her to go in first "You have an interesting way of ascertaining, Cha Young."

The room is huge, and true to Vincenzo's words there is a huge sofa and even huge bed.

Cha Young wants to lay down and test how comfortable and soft the bed is but once the view of her room is in her vision, she squeals and walks over, trying to open the huge door to the gallery but failing miserably until her hand on the door-handle is enveloped by a bigger and warmer one and the door opens and she runs out in the tiny gallery, breathing in the view and lets out a giggle while spinni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter