Chap 8: Reunion gone wrong

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't you dare choose not to attend." 

"Arasso, I'll be there."

Jihoon throw himself on his bed and spread his arms while looking blankly at his ceiling. Princess Hours reunion huh. 

He closed his eyes and remembered what Jeong Hoon told him through the phone. 

"Jihoon?"

"Jeong Hoon hyung?" Jihoon looked again at his phone to confirm if it's really him. It's been a while when Jeong Hoon and him talked to each other yet he never deleted his number. 

"Yeah. It's me." 

"You. How could you!?" Jihoon sounded like upset since he tried contacting him for the past years but he never answered his calls or even replied especially after his scandal in 2018. He heard him laugh from the other line.

"I'm doing good, if that's what you want to ask. I'm calling because I would like to ask for a favor actually."

"What is it?"

"It's actually my wife's birthday tomorrow."

"You're married already!?"

"Yes and a 1-year-old daughter." Jihoon was speechless. He can't believe how so much Jeong Hoon's life changed for a short time and he missed all of those. They're best friends. After the end of Princess Hours, he remained in contact with him. He was his go-to friend especially after his break up with Jihyo. When he was jailed. When he was temporarily lost. 

"How come you haven't even told me anything?" 

There was a quick silence from the other line. 

"If you're curious, then visit here."

Jihoon was about to agree but Jeong Hoon continued talking.

"As I was saying, it's my wife's birthday tomorrow and she's a big fan of Princess Hours. I was actually hoping if you could come here..."

"Of course. I would love - "

"With the rest of the casts of the show. I mean, our circle during the filming."

With that, his enthusiasm disappeared and is now having doubts if he could do this favor  for him. Yes, he misses those days that everything was so simple. They were young stars and just happy with the fact that they're acting in television. But a lot happened already. Some wasn't able to chase the spotlight. Some lost their shine despite being once on top. You can even count through your fingers who among them managed to survive the industry and marked their name. 

He thought that maybe, they won't have the same energy and enthusiasm anymore when together just like before, that they were all equally dreamers. 

"It's Jihyo, am I right?" Of course, there's the only reason why he thinks this is impossible. 

"I already talked to her and unlike you, she was so happy for me that she agreed immediately. Besides, you'll not be there for her, it's for me." Jihoon rolled his eyes with what Jeong Hoon said, obviously trying to make him guilty and at the same cringing at his words.

"Okay, fine! You owe me a lot of stories." 

Today is the day that the Princess Hours will have its mini reunion at Jeong Hoon's place. Jihoon is now walking towards his car in the parking lot since Jeong Hoon lives in the countryside, so it'll be a long drive. Besides, he's not used in driving to far places so he's assuming that it might take him a long time than normal to reach his destination, so he's leaving early before the night catches him since they planned to meet at 5 in the afternoon. 

He was surprised to also see Jihyo early in the parking lot. He was able to recognize her car so he's sure it's her inside. He was confused to see her car's light opening and closing repeatedly, along with her car's engine. As someone knowledgeable with cars, he knows she's having trouble.

I should look away. Ignore it Jihoon. 

He straightly walked inside his car and decided to leave immediately yet he was stopped midway of the parking lot, followed by his series of curses. He opened his window and popped out his head.

"Jihyo, are you insane!?" 

As what happened, Jihyo went in the middle of the parking lot to block his way and he was very much relieved that he managed to step on the break immediately. So he can't  be blamed for shouting at her. Yet Jihyo was unfazed. She walked slowly towards him with her hands inside the pocket of her sweater. 

"Let me go with you."

"And why would you?"

"My car's broken."

"No, just take the subway."

He started his engine again and closed his window but Jihyo went in the middle again. He weakfully punched his steering wheel knowing how stubborn she is. She would definitely not leave there unless she got what she wants. He looked around and was afraid that someone might spot both of them in this situation so he was left with no choice. He unlocked the other door and he saw Jihyo smile after winning against him. 

"Are you an actress or a gangster?" He commented once she entered his car and now fixing her seatbelt. He heard her laugh and he can't help but somehow laugh as well. 

The two accidentally met each other's eyes and smile from each face is still painted but it was immediately gone when they realized what just happened. It's like both just remembered that they aren't in good terms. They awkwardly looked away from each other and Jihoon finally started the engine again. 

"Don't worry. I won't talk to you the whole ride. I just don't feel well today so I don't want to exhaust myself from commuting." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter