Chap 13: Time can't heal relationship

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ju Jihoon looked at Jihyo with his emotions struggling to fall into place. How could his Christmas turned out like this? It's like a cold water was poured over him forcibly wanting him to get back to reality. For the past hours, he was almost in dream land with her. Yet the scene in front of him now reminds him of the pain he endured that day and of the wound that time fails to heal. 

"Jihoon..."

He heard her. Yet his eyes were fixated at the moment of the couple in the middle of the crowd. How the guy was obliviously happy, not minding the flashes of camera around them as he knelt in front of a woman. 

"Will you marry me?"

Jihoon felt dizzy. His heart is pounding so much, greatly aware of the anxiety that the guy might be feeling that moment. Along with the guy waiting for his lover's answer, his stomach swirls. A punch in the gut as he remembered her exact words, Jihoon, we should end this. I'm sorry.

"Yes!"

He felt his knees weakened with his vision starting to blur as his tears threatened to fall, when the woman wore the ring. The cheerful screams and claps of the people  around him watching the couple didn't help to restore his full sense. 

"Jihoon...are you al-alright?" 

Jihyo's question somehow pulled his senses back. Why? He wanted to ask the guy how he managed to win the girl. He wanted to ask the guy what does he has that he doesn't. He wanted to ask the girl why did she say yes. But those were all futile because the one who can answer all his questions, is just here in front of him. He felt her trying to hold his hand but he immediately backed off. 

Despite his cap somehow covering his eyes, he knew that Jihyo noticed his tears. It's funny how Prince Shin and Min Hyo Rin's failed engagement manifested with their relationship. However, in real life, Min Hyo Rin didn't fight for him. She gave up. He fastly walked out of the crowd and left her. He can feel her presence trying to keep up with him.

"Jihoon....please"

He didn't respond and tapped her hand away as she tried to hold him once again and faced her.

"Don't. Jihyo, just don't...please." He swallowed a lump forming in his throat. "I'm going to leave alone. Just find a way for you to get back to your unit." 

He paused as he tried his best to calm himself. "We're in a public place. I can't...I can't breakdown here." With that, he opened his car and left her without looking back like how she just left him with the ring rolling down the floor. 

4 hours ago....

"Jihyo, what is it again?"

He looked at her unamuse of this situation. He wanted to peacefully spend his Christmas but here is Jihyo prettily standing in front of his unit, demanding him to go with her to shop gifts for Jin Hee. 

 "It's Christmas."

"I know. Merry Christmas. Advance Happy New Year. Happy Holidays. I greeted you already, so leave me alone."

She rolled her eyes at him and ignored him. "There would be fireworks display at the opened food bazaar near the Han River. Can you go with me?"

"Are you insane?" For the past weeks, Jihyo and him has been entangled repeatedly. It's like no matter how much he avoids her, fate is not cooperating well with him. 

"I'll help you buy some gifts for Jin Hee."

"I can just ask my staff to do that."

"Come on. Where's the sincerity with that? You should look for it yourself."

"I'm closing the door now..." Jihoon said as he ignored her and slowly closes his door. "Yah, Jihyo! You'll get hurt." He fought her as she tried to stop him from closing the door. 

"It's Christmas Jihoon, let's have a truce." She said but both are still too stubborn as they push and pull the door.  

*ding

Just then, a sound came from the elevator indicating someone's presence. As he panicked, he quickly grabbed Jihyo inside his unit. He's not aware that he had her locked between his arms as he peeked outside to confirm who it is. Turns out, it was just the tenants in the same floor, which they rarely encounter. 

"Who was it?" 

When he finally closed the door and shifted his attention to her, just then he noticed Jihyo's both hands rested on his chest. 

"Ya! Who was it?" 

He blinked repeatedly. "It...it was just the other tenants." 

"Then let's go!" 

"What!? Get out Jihyo."

"I won't..." Jihyo stubbornly grasped his shirt to make it harder for him to push her outside. "Just go with me for a while. If you won't come with me, then I'll stay here." Jihyo declared and walked her way towards Jihoon's living room and comfortably sat on his couch. 

"Argh!" He complained while heavily dragging his feet to his room. When he got out, he put a cap on Jihyo and throw a face mask to her. "Wear that. Let's go." 

He can't help but shook his head when Jihyo excitedly stood up and tell him what they should eat and possible gifts Jihoon could purchase. That's how Jihyo managed to force him to go in the food bazaar, in Christmas. Damn it, it's Christmas. 

He expected these number of people. Despite their disguise, he can't help but worry that they might be recognized. He could already imagine how hard it would be to wipe the potential rumors if someone able to spot them. Him and Jihyo, together, in Christmas. These words alone are enough to make a buzz. Aside from that, they are at a food bazaar, by the Han River. 

Just the Han River already gives a romantic vibe. Along with the christmas lights hanged on trees at each side of the road, it lights up the heavy night. 

"Omo. That's so good!" 

His thoughts were stopped when Jihyo once again dragged him.

"Annyeonghaseyo. What do you call this food?" Jihoon just listened as Jihyo talked to the stall owner. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. It's a Filipino delicacy. It's Bibingka. Have a taste." 

Jihoon inwardly smiled when Jihyo's expression brightened with the thought of having a free taste. 

"Hmm. It has a cherry filling. Try it, it has your favorite." 

He stiffened when Jihyo offered the piece she just took a bite. He looked at her raising his brows, questioning her actions.  

"You don't want to? o-okay." 

He watched her disappointingly finishing the food her own. Don't. Don't. Don't

"Eommoni, we'll have one pack of this." 

He's aware with the gaze Jihyo is giving him. "Thank you." He then looked at her and bumped her chin to close , slightly parted. "Let's go."

"Why did you buy that? You haven't even tasted it yet." Jihyo asked as she keeps up with him. "Can you walk slower? There's too many people, I can't keep up."  

Jihoon halted his walk. 

"Ah!" Jihyo groaned when Jihoon stopped and she bumped her forehead on his back. 

"You said it's good right?" Jihoon asked when he turned around to face her. 

"Yeah..." 

"If we're going to buy something for Jinhee, might as well buy something for Jeong Hoon hyung and his wife too." He reasoned out.

"Oh...that's for them?" 

Jihoon tries to read her but Jihyo is good in masking her emotions. "Of course, did you think it's for you?" Jihoon asked obviously trying to trap her. "Ya!" He complained with pain after Jihyo kicked his right foot. "That hurts!" He's still complaining but followed her immediately when she started walking away.

He found her in front of a stall selling plushie toys. He watched her hand as she tugged his shirt to get his attention. 

"Jihoon, do you think -" 

Jihoon automatically had his eyes widened when Jihyo mentioned his name loud enough for people near them to hear. With that, subconsciously, he pulled her near him and placed his left hand on her waist as he leaned towards her ear.

"Be careful. We're in a public place. Don't just mention my name carelessly." He whispered. This close, he could clearly hear how her breathing became heavy. He smirked behind his mask when he noticed her ears becoming red. Just then, Jihoon teases her as if it's a natural thing to happen between them.

"Hyo Rin, should we buy this plushie cat for our niece?" Jihoon this time broadened his smile when Jihyo's eyes narrowed. He knew he was successful of pissing her. 

"I think we should buy this monkey...Shin." Jihyo emphasized the name. He met her gaze, not willing to back down against her.

"This cat is still better."   

"How 'bout this grasshopper?" 

"No. I still like this cat."

"Penguin?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter