Chap 10: Can't resist her

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Princess Hours' Reunion went smooth as expected. However, since Jihoon and Jihyo left the house they temporarily stayed in, when both Sung Joon and Jeong Hoon fetched them, the relationship between the two turned back to zero. 

Jihoon specifically determined to not be involved with her again after their last conversation. Jihyo might have sensed how he ignores her presence. When they both entered their building's elevator, both acted as if they didn't just shared a room the other night. 

That's right. I could just go back to how things are before. There are things better left unknown. 

"Waaa, Eomma!" 

Jihoon was stopped from entering his unit's password when he heard a scream and cry of fear from the unit beside his. He looked at the slightly opened door of Jihyo's unit. Jihoon, you didn't hear anything. He entered the last digit of his unit's passcode.

"Aaaahhhh, don't come close. Mianhae, mianhae..." 

Jihoon held his breath as he tightly hold the handle of his door. That was nothing, Jihoon. You should open the door now and peacefully spend the night. However, he remained holding his door's handle. He was relieved when the silence from Jihyo's unit became longer.  

See? It was nothing. 

Jihoon exhaled and finally decided to open his door while imagining what to have for his dinner. Aahh, Jajjangmyeon seems nice to-

"Eommaaaa...ah -!" 

Jihoon rushed towards Jihyo's unit when he heard her loudest scream that night along with a thud sound. He found her whimping on the floor as she tried to get up. 

"Jihyo...gwaenchana?" He asked her as he helped her to stand up. He looked around and saw a floor map beside her while she's holding a fly swatter. He saw her expression a bit surprised with his presence yet immediately faded into fear as she look above at her window's curtain. 

"Where are they?" Jihyo's confused and afraid expression were visible as she roamed her eyes around her unit. 

"What was it?" Jihoon asked her.

"The-there were two grasshoppers up there earlier. They were this big. Where could they go." Jihyo started looking everywhere yet it's obvious that she's being mindful in case she accidentally spots them. 

"How am I suppose to sleep tonight?" Jihyo continued to mutter. 

Jihoon unconsciously looked around as well, "I found one." Jihoon told her as he intently looked at her. 

"Where?" Jihyo asked him with an evident fear from her eyes. 

Jihoon contemplated whether to tell her or not as he can already imagine how she will react once he tells her where it is. Yet Jihyo noticed his gaze. 

"What are you looking at?" Jihyo asked and now breathing heavily. 

"It's on your..." Jihoon clicked his tounge thinking of a way to remove the insect from her shoulder without frightening her too much.

"Wae?" Jihyo asked him with her voice shaking but Jihoon remained silent while still blankly looking at her. "Jihoon, what is it!?" She unconsciously raised her voice due to her impatience, along with her ongoing fear.

Jihoon narrowed his eyes and folded his arms on his chest when Jihyo raised her voice. "Are you losing your temper with me? Fine. It's on your shoulder."

"What?" Jihyo stiffened and slowly looked at her shoulder and there it is. 

"If I were you I'd stay still if you don't want it to jump on your face." 

"Jihoon!" Jihyo shouted at him as he's obviously trying to scare her more. 

"Ah uh. That's not the response I expect. Oh wait. Not that I care but...didn't you tell me the other night to not care about you anymore?" Jihoon with his brows raised and faintly smiling at her. 

"I didn't say that! Jihoon, please..."

"I failed to hear you, I'm sorry?" 

"Forget it!"

Jihoon watched her amusedly as she tried to shoo away the insect from her shoulder. 

"Damn it! Mianhae, mianhae. Jaesuk oppa likes  me. Be good to me please." 

He snorted with what Jihyo is muttering while slowly trying to get her right hand nearer to the grasshopper as her first attempt of blowing it away failed.

"Friends of Jaesuk oppa...it's me Song Jihyo." She continued to mutter with a low voice, mustering her courage yet just looking at it is already weakening her knees.

"Phew hahaha" Jihoon's shoulder shook hard as he failed to stop his laughter this time yet Jihyo isn't giving him her attention now. His laughter was halted and slowly undo his hands from being folded on his chest as he saw her eyes tearing up.

"It might be nothing serious for some but my heart really pounds so hard whenever I encounter insects. My body will start feeling numb then I felt detached with my surroundings."  He walked towards her as her words years ago played like a film in his mind. 

He held her hand reaching out to the insect and pulled it down. 

"Close your eyes. Don't move." He instructed her and leaned her head sideward in case it jumps again. He gulped as Jihyo's side neck is now fully exposed. 

"Is it still there?" 

He bit his lip as he realized that he was just staring at her neck. "Ah. There,  I got it." He told her as he carefully moved away his hand that's holding her head. 

Jihoon went to her window and opened it just enough to throw the grasshopper outside. He looked back and saw Jihyo already sitting on her couch. 

"It's gone. I should leave now."

"Uh,  sure." Jihyo answered him blankly. 

His jaw dropped with her reaction and quickly went towards her door. Yeah,  You're welcome!

​​​​​​"Wait,  Jihoon!"

"Yes!?" He immediately looked back and cleared his throat when he realized his excited tone. She's going to thank me,  right?

"How 'bout the other one?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter