Chap 3: Different yet so similar

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon never really attended parties led by Kwang Soo mainly due to the fact that he's an acquaintance of Jihyo. He's close with Kwang Soo but it would just really be awkward for him and Jihyo to be in the same room, especially now that he actually confirmed live his past relationship with her. Kwang Soo however does not believe in awkwardness and pestering him again to attend his birthday party. Worst, Ji Sung made him appear like a snobbed friend considering that most of the casts of their previous movie Confession will be attending. He's been video calling the two of them just to convince them that him attending is such an absurd idea.

Kwang Soo: Hyung if you won't attend again this time, I swear I'm deleting your contact in my phone. 

Ji Sung: Will Jihyo-ssi attend? In your previous events, she's rarely there actually.

Kwang Soo: Exactly. Jihyo noona already called me yesterday to apologize that she won't be able to come. She unfortunately has another commitment with her friend.

Jihoon: Still, running man members will be there. Especially what happened two weeks ago.

Kwang Soo: Aiishh hyung, you're overthinking! When we learned about your interview, we had a running man filming the next day. Believe me, Jihyo noona seemed unaffected. She was so lively during the filming so we all believed that it wasn't really a big deal.

Ji Sung: From what I can see, Jihoon's the only one making it a big deal. You're the most affected as it appears.

Jihoon glared at Ji Sung for being insensitive again. But he knows it will just be a bigger issue once people noticed that he's the only one missing from the casts of Confession. It's Kwang Soo's birthday and they know his closeness with Jihyo so stories connecting both of them will once again happen. Yeah, I'm definitely overthinking. In the end, Kwang Soo was successful in convincing him to attend. 

As Kwang Soo told him, members of Running Man are there except Jihyo. It's a good thing that the area where the casts of Confession are gathered is far enough from the Running Man members so he won't force himself to greet them awkwardly. I don't have any idea what they all think of me now but it's better not to have any interactions with them. As the night progresses, he's starting to relax and just enjoy the company of people he's currently with. Laughters are everywhere as they saw how the RM members always bully Kwang Soo. Despite his initial worries about them, the issue between him and Jihyo might really be just a minor thing for them.

He's busy talking with Ji Sung,enjoying themselves with alcohol and snacks on their table when they heard sudden noise from the table of Running Man members. Not just that, a series of woah from non-celebrities which are either family or acquaintances of Kwang Soo was heard. 

 "Woah. It's my first time seeing her. She's seriously beautiful." 

Jihoon heard several praises from people around them getting his curiousity. He followed where they are looking and he felt himself stiffened. She's here. Why is she here? Without knowing it, Jihoon's eyes followed her. She's wearing a white top under a strapped black leather dress which length above her knee partnered by a black heeled boots which length just reached her ankles. Her long black hair that is freely loose made her face smaller and shinier. Her looks highlight her innocence but an aura that suits the party vibe of the venue. He saw her in Running Man before but to see her today dolled up felt different. 

The running man casts teased Jihyo for being extra pretty today which they are not used on seeing especially during their show. 

"Jihyo might evaporate from the way you're looking at her." Jihoon didn't know how long he was staring at her but he just looked at Ji Sung, obviously still a bit surprised seeing Jihyo's presence. 

"Just talk to me the whole night. We cannot just leave if you don't want issues that you left after Song Jihyo came." Ji Sung told him as he felt guilty for convincing Jihoon to come and told him that Jihyo won't be at the party but she actually went. He might be teasing him about Jihyo but he knows how Jihoon really felt uncomfortable whenever Jihyo is the topic. 

Jihoon sighed and just decided to stay where he is and drink. He focused on the people he's with, trying to still enjoy the night but he's vision occassionally catches Jihyo. When Ji Sung left him temporarily to get some more drinks leaving him with no one to talk to, as a result, Jihyo's presence completely stealed his attention. 

He stared at her walking towards the buffet table. He smiled internally seeing how her plate was filled with foods available from the buffet. She's still a heavy eater. Then a guy at around late 30s came near him to ask for a photo. The guy maybe a non-celebrity but he can't deny that he looks good. Jihyo smiled at the guy and agreed to his request. Yet after the photo, the guy stayed beside her and he's sure that he's trying to start a conversation. What surprised him is Jihyo enjoying herself with him. She decided to just eat to where she was to be able to talk to the guy. 

As he recalled, Jihyo is very shy with strangers. At first, it was obvious that Jihyo is uncomfortable but later on, he clearly witnesses how Jihyo adapted to the situation. She's...actually having fun with him. His eyes are still intently following her as the guy led her to his friends' table. The guy's friends immediately welcomed Jihyo and obviously happy of having her. 

Jihoon smirked at how Jihyo changed. Before, you can never see Jihyo interact that easily with strangers. But strangely, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter