Chap 4: Deja vu

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....................
After the night that Jihoon confessed, they've become awkward. Jihyo just left him that night outside after telling him to not like her. The rest of the casts noticed how distant they've become for the past weeks. The four main casts who are always together whenever it's their filming break, now lacking Jihyo. Since she learned about Jihoon's feelings, she's been hanging around with Sung Joon, Yong Joo and Sung Mo more.

"Did you fight with Jihyo?" Jeong Hoon whispered to Jihoon.
"Hmm? Of course not." Jihoon answered while continuously bouncing a small ball against the wall.
"Then why both of you seemed distant?"
"What do you mean? We're not."
"C'mon it was so obvious. You both are inseparable off cam. No one wanted to open it up but for the past two weeks, we never saw both of you talk."

Jihoon stopped playing with the ball and looked at Jeong Hoon.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone." Jeong Hoon sat closer to him to prevent Eun Hye from hearing their conversation.
"What is it?"

Jihoon hesitated for a while but decided to just tell Jeong Hoon. He's been having a hard time dealing with how Jihyo and him were for the past days and he can't deny that he misses her. "You're the only one who knew that I like her. Turns out some of the casts actually thought that our closeness is suspicious so she confronted me about it." Jihoon paused for a while before continuing, "I finally confessed."

Jeong Hoon's eyes opened widely. "And? She rejected you?" 
"I don't know. "Please, don't". That's what she said after I told her that I like her. Then we just felt kind of awkward with each other after that." 

Jeong Hoon started to think deeply as if Jihyo's reply is a great mystery that they need to solve. "I don't get it and I don't want to involve myself too much with your complicated lovelife. But you both should reconcile. We're having a hard time because of you two." Jeong Hoon uninterestedly replied to Jihoon.

"Huh? Why?"

"Except the three of us, Jihyo is the captain of the rest of the younger casts. I may be the eldest but Jihyo's presence is way stronger. It's like everyone depends on her. And you are my captain and Eun Hye's. When both of you are together, all us kids bonded together as well. But now that the two of you are like this, look how we are right now. You are with me and Eun Hye while Jihyo is with the rest of the younger casts. It's like unconsciously, we need to choose who we wanted to be with." 

Jihoon think for a bit and nodded after realizing that it's actually what really is happening to them now. "Although Jihyo is definitely your captain. Does that mean she's also my captain? Then that makes her everyone's captain? Ugh, whatever. Just do something about it"

He smiled because of Jeong Hoon's last comment. "I want both of us to be back as how we were as well. But Jihyo is obviously distancing herself from me."

"If you allow this to continue, someone might get her first." Jeong Hoon pouted his mouth to motion him to look at where is Jihyo right now. 

He immediately get back in bouncing the ball he's holding against the wall aggressively when he saw how Sung Joon teases Jihyo and her genuinely laughing with his antics. 

"Hyung. Tell the kids to gather at 7th Door Restaurant. My treat. And make sure Jihyo will come." Jihoon tell Jeong Hoon his plan which the latter agreed with followed by a high-five to seal their plan.  
 

"What's with today oppa?" Eun Hye asked Jihoon. They are now at the 7th Door Restaurant. With the help of Jeong Hoon, all the young casts or who they refer as "kids" is present except Sung Joon and Jihyo.

"Jihoon said that he's treating all of us today." Jeong Hoon smiled at them and elbowed Jihoon since the rest of the casts thanked him but he didn't notice as he's busy thinking why both Jihyo and Sung Joon isn't present. Jihoon quickly acknowledged them with the help of Jeong Hoon.

"Yong Joo, Sung Mo....where's Sung Joon and Jihyo?" Jihoon finally asked. He noticed both of them looked at each other before silently fighting of who will answer him.

"Eh hyung. Actually, when we were on our way here, some fans throw raw eggs at Jihyo noona. So Sung Joon went with her to change first." Yong Joo answered after being beaten by Sung Mo during their rock,paper, scissors round.

"But they said they'll come." Sung Mo followed up after he noticed a change in expression from Jihoon.

"Jihyo unnie has been receiving a lot of hate right now. Especially because of the recent episode." Eun Hye butted in. 

"As much as I am proud with how the drama is doing so well, I just don't understand why viewers would hate Jihyo unnie. Their hate should only be limited to her character and not to the actress who's just doing her job." Dahn Ji commented while putting some meat on the grill. 

"Once she's here, just act like we don't know what happened. Jihyo wouldn't like seeing us pitying he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter