Chapter 11: Parents for a Day

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ju Jihoonssi. Ju Jihoonssi?"

Jihoon hardly opened his eyes as he heard someone calls him. He rubbed his eyes and when he fully opened it, he saw a guy's face so close to him.

"Delivery for you." 

"Ah!" He was startled by the man's presence that he fell from his chair. The news that he watched last night didn't help as well so he can't be blamed from being alarmed when the man mentioned the word "delivery". He looked around and noticed that there's no trace of Jihyo anymore. 

"Are you alright? I'm sorry, I'm actually in a hurry since I still have more deliveries to do." The delivery man helped him to stand up. "Please sign here"

"I didn't order anything."

"Ah. Someone send those to you." 

Jihoon followed where the delivery man is looking and automatically facepalmed himself as he has an idea from whom could it be. At the end, Jihoon has no choice but to receive the delivery. Just then, his phone vibrated. 

"I tried waking you up earlier but I failed. I knew you received it already. I don't want to remain indebted to you. 1 box for letting me in your car, 1 box for taking care of me when I was sick and 1 box for last night. - Jihyo."

"How did you get my number?" Jihoon texted back.

"I opened your phone earlier. You're only using your fingerprint as the lock so it was easy."

Jihoon looked at the three boxes of cherries that are now on his table. He looked back at his phone and saved Jihyo's number into his contacts and named it, Weird Neighbor.

"I even barely finished the two boxes she gave me last time. What should I do with these." 

Jihoon's eyes brightened as he remembered something. With that, he took his car key to go to the grocery and buy the ingredients and kitchen tools he would be needing. 

"What's wrong with your hands?" Jisung asked Jihoon after noticing red stains from his hands. He's now on his flming after spending the whole morning dealing with the three boxes of cherry Jihyo gave him. 

"Ah right. Here." Jihoon gave Jisung a paper bag with three small jars of cherry jam. He then distributed the rest of the cherry jams he made to the rest of the casts and crews. 

"You made this? Are you starting a business?" 

"Of course not. Ji-..." Jihoon paused as he almost slip his tounge that it's actually from Jihyo.  "A friend gave me three boxes of cherry. I made jams out of it before they all get overripe then just rot."     

"Is that friend  an ex and a neighbor?" 

Here comes Jisung's consistent teasing of him about Jihyo. Jisung immediately shielded himself from Jihoon as he expect him to hit him, as he normally would. 

"Just read the script, hyung." Jihoon told him and tapped the script that he's holding.

Jisung widened his eyes from the reaction he got from him. He then put down his script and fixed his eyes on Jihoon. "Jihoon."

"Hmm?" Jihoon responded to him while marking his own script. 

"You smiled." 

Jihoon looked at Jisung confusedly. "What do you mean?"

"When I mentioned Jihyo, you smiled." 

Jihoon immediately turned his expression into poker face to deny Jisung's observation. "Hyung, you're becoming a hardcore fan of the ship. You're being delusional already." 

"No...I saw it Jihoon. Normally you would get mad or irritated just with the mention of her name but this time...I really saw you smiled. Did something happen?" Jisung is now obviously smiling, amused with this unexpected turn of event. It was fine for him to constantly tease Jihoon about her since Jihoon made it clear that he hates Jihyo, that he wants nothing to do with her anymore. But he didn't predict this situation. 

Jisung was now sure that something is really going on especially that Jihoon hesitated to answer him. 

"Nothing happened. We always acted as strangers to each other, just like before. And it will stay that way." 

Jisung decided to just let it go because he knew that even if something really changed, he would not tell him. Besides, he's aware how broken Jihoon is because of Song Jihyo so maybe it would really be impossible for the two to save even just their friendship. 

Jihoon on the other hand was relieved that Jisung didn't interrogate him even more. He tried his best to focus back on reviewing his script but what Jisung said bothered him. I didn't smile, did I? He's confused because he knew that what his hyung observed, he noticed it himself as well. But he didn't try to put meaning to it and thought that all his interactions with Jihyo these past weeks were just pure concidence. She hurt you Jihoon, don't you dare falter. 

Their filming ended abruptly as the show's producers and directors were summoned for an emergency meeting as the drama will be extended for five more  episodes. As usual, he spent his miraculous free time alone in his unit. He then heard his phone rang as someone calls him.

"Hello, Jihoon!"

"Oh, Jeonghoon hyung. What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in my unit, why?"

"Don't you have filming today?"

"Supposed to be yes but it was halted, the producers have something to do."

"How about tomorrow?"

"Same. I'm free."

"Jihoon... Christmas is coming."

"I know, I also have my own calendar. Hyung where are you going with this?"

"Can you look after Jin Hee just for tonight until tomorrow?"

Jeong Hoon's sudden question made Jihoon immediately got up from his bed. "What!?"

"We're going to visit my wife's parents in the province to help with their Christmas preparation since both her parents are old and sick already so we can't bring Jin Hee. My parents were supposed to look after her but they unfortunately have to do something in the farm. I can't think of anyone to ask right now." 

"But hyung,I-I can't. It's not that I don't want to but I'm not confident that I could take care of her." 

"Don't worry. We'll prepare everything that you'll be needing. Besides, she's still a year old. It won't be har

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter