Chap 1: Pandora's Box

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ju Jihoon is currently promoting a drama series he's in along with Jisung and Seo Yeji. The series premieres next month under SBS. They are now waiting backstage of the studio of Connect! Drama World hosted by Shin Dong Yup. He's reviewing the list of questions given to them which will be asked later on when a specific question caught his eye. The moment he read the question, his mind started to pull the deepest memory buried by the years past yet before it took over his reality, someone pat his back.

"We're about to enter." his co-star, hyung and friend Ji Sung patted him back to the present. Seo Yeji is also beside them, patiently waiting for the host to call them out. 

"Finally, here they are. The casts of Rewritten Stars Ji Sung, Ju Ji Hoon and Seo Yeji. Welcome to the show!" The host's energy and enthusiastic cheering of the audience welcomed the three stars. The casts immediately returned the greeting once they were seated against Shin Dong Yup.

The interview started with the casts explaining what their drama is about, as well as each of their character. "Basically, the drama deals with how our choices when we were young drifted us apart, and sent us to different paths." Seo Yeji briefly explains, being careful as well not to provide any spoilers. "It's love vs career" Ji Sung followed up.

"Oh! And it's Jihoon's character who actually chose to pursue his dream and left you?" Shin Dong Yup asked Seo Yeji which the latter agreed with. 

"This love vs career dilemma in several dramas or movies, do you think this kind of situation really happens in real life?" Dong Yup asked which the casts responded with Yes.

"Wait, I saw Jihoon immediately nodded with the question. Why? why?" Jihoon laughed with how Dong Yup noticed his reaction, while Ji Sung and Seo Yeji laughed at him as well. "I really believe it does happen. There will really be people who can leave even those they love for the sake of their dream." Ji Hoon answered as a matter of fact.

"But they might have their own reasons. Like they are afraid that once they start their dream, the journey towards it means lesser time with the people you love. So instead of letting that happen and hurt each other along the way, they are giving the person they love an open opportunity to be with someone else that can return their love fully." Yeji defended while looking at Ji Hoon. 

"Besides, love can either be an inspiration or distraction with your career. It's actually a matter of perspective." Ji Sung tried to be neutral as possible.

"I just can't fully comprehend why do you have to leave the one you love for your dreams. Can't they co-exist? I mean, if you first talk it out and he or she is willing to support you for your dream, then why do we have to choose?Isn't it just being selfish? " Ji Hoon immediately responded to emphasize his point. He even shows hand gestures while explaining which earned a laugh from the Dong Yup, Yeji and Ji Sung due to his seriousness.

"Ji Hoon ssi, aren't you getting a little worked up?" Dong Yup asked Ji Hoon which he responded with repeated shake of his head, and laugh at himself as well upon realizing that he actually got a bit work up. "I'm doing it to promote the drama." Ji Hoon followed up to masked his initial reaction. The interview continued with the rest of the host asking them about the drama. As based from the list of questions given to them backstage, it was time for the last question.      

 "Okay, since we're out of time already. Let's wrap up this interview with this last question, Love over career vs career over love. What would you choose?"

Ji Sung volunteered to answer first. "I'll choose love over career."

"If we really need to give up one thing, for me as of now since I still have a lot of characters I wanted to portray, I'm chhoosing career. Love can wait." Yeji laughed and Dong Yup admired her different perspective.

"Jihoon-ssi, what about you?"

There was a bit of a silence before Jihoon finally answered. "Well,my character in this series needs to choose between love and career, but if it really happens to me taht I'll have to choose between the two, I'll choose love." He followed up his answer by nodding slowly as if validating his own choice.

Dong Yup noticed his seriousness again and as an entertainer, despite the lack of time, digged up more from Jihoon.

"I don't know if I'm the only one noticing it but Jihoon-ssi...you seemed so serious whenever we're discussing love vs career." Dong Yup looked at the audience to also ask for their confirmation and saw them nodding. Jihoon gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter