Chap 2: Beyond the Surface

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As expected, several articles about Ju Jihoon's mishap during his interview were published. Jihoon being curious of what's happening, decided to take a look at social media. It's not that he cares but still, it was his own clumsiness who started it. He actually wanted to see the number of people that would sympathize to him instead of Jihyo. He knows he's being absurd but for him, it will be more absurd to see more people being on Jihyo's side. 

"Well. Isn't it a public fact already?"

"I knew it. So Celebrity X-files was actually true!!!"

"Poor Jihoon oppa. He must have felt so hurt during the break up. There's an obvious sadness."

"So that explains why they were so awkward during his Running Man guesting."

"Jihyo dumped him? That ."

Jihoon's brows furrowed upon reading comments pitying him. Huh! Who does they mean sad? My life's going so well.

"Looking at how they are now. Song Jihyo did the right thing."

"This only proves how mature Song Jihyo is even before. She knows her priorities."

"I don't think there's something to regret about it. They're both popular and successful actors now."

Joo Jihoon's eyes narrowed reading the positive comments about Jihyo. Yeah, I forgot about her popularity. Of course, they won't hate her.

"I wonder why Song Jihyo needs to break up with him? From Jihoon's comments, I felt like he's so supportive of her. He obviously hate that they broke up."

This particular comment caught his attention especially that it's somehow in accordance to what he's trying to point out when Yeji and him had a discussion during the interview regarding love vs career. He decided to click the comment and read the whole thread with people's reply and arguments on it.

"I'm sure there's a deeper story about it. Song Jihyo must have her reason."

"I actually agreed with Jihoon's comment during their interview. Dreams and love can co-exist. There's no need to give up the person that you love."

"Well, isn't it around 2008 when Ju Jihoon got into drugs? The breakup must have affected him that much."

"Woah. If it's 2008, that's when Frozen Flower happened. Maybe Jihoon stopped her from doing that project. Can't blame him tho, Jihyo was so exposed in that movie."

"In Sung is hot. Can't blame Song Jihyo as well for choosing the movie over him, if that's really the case."

"Maybe Song Jihyo chose her s*x scenes with Jo In Sung."

The last comment sparked wars among commenters particularly with Song Jihyo's fans defending her from malicious comments. Jihoon felt rage upon reading the comments as well. Yes, he built up hate to Jihyo after she broke up with him but he didn't expect how limitless people's imaginations are. Although he wanted sympathy from them as he clearly believes that he was the one who was wronged from his relationship with Jihyo, he didn't wish for her to receive insults and
disrespetful comments. This is just way below the belt.  

Everyone thinks that she's strong and does not care of what's happening around her just like how his manager truly believes that Jihyo is so cold to even care of what others think, but from how he saw Jihyo before, she's a crybaby. She gets hurt easily. These kind of comments easily reach her heart and she would cry about it all night. It was actually him who convinced Jihyo to not go online and read comments about her during their filming in Princess Hours.

....................

The casts and crew of Princess Hours are currently in a vacation sponsored by the President of MBC following the ongoing success of the show despite the fact that it's still starting. 

"Where's Jihyo?" Jihoon noticed Jihyo's absence from the table as they're about to eat their lunch. Jihyo is a year older than him but he never really addressed her as someone older. He just felt more comfortable addressing her as someone his age. According to him, it's just a one year gap so it's not a big deal although the rest of the casts call her noona or unnie. 

"I saw her on the swing outside. I informed her that we'll about to eat but she said she's not hungry yet." It was Eun Hye who answered him.

"That's odd. She only eat a bit during breakfast as well." Jeong Hoon butted in while happily holding a fried chicken.

"Really?" Jihoon decided to start eating as well after hearing them but stopped midway as he from drinking the soup. He stood up to get another set of plate and utensils and filled it with their current food. The casts just watched him rushed out while trying to balance the set of foods and bottled water in his hands while a blanket was stuck between his elbow and waist.  

As what Eun Hye said, Jihyo is on a swing, weakly pushing it through her feet. He laughed seeing her wea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter