Chap 9: A Bit Beyond the Surface

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ju Jihoon and Song Jihyo is now in front of one of the houses they spotted near where their car is parked. Ju Jihoon was the one who decided to knock on the door.

"Gu-Good evening!" Both were nervous when the door suddenly opened. He regretted how they didn't formulate first of what to say as a reason why they are lost, especially if these people could recognize both of them so all he managed to say is a greeting.

"Omo!" They became more confused when a teenager girl opened the door and closed it again. The two looked at each other, silently asking each other what to do now.

"Let's try next door." They were about to go next door when they heard the door reopened. 

"Are you...Ju Jihoon and Song Jihyo?" The girl who opened the door earlier asked them and just like that, Jihyo bit her lip and Jihoon just felt her squeezed his hand as if asking for help on what to do now that they were really recognized. What appears to be the girl's parents is also behind her now and looking at them. Yet being recognized is not Jihoon's main worry right now.

"Ahm, Yeah. Sorry for this late disturbance. But we're actually lost and the car's out of fuel so we're wondering, if you can allow us to stay the night?"

The girl gasped and covered then looked at her parents. A cold wind suddenly blew passed them making Jihoon somehow shivered and immediately looked at Jihyo, who obviously didn't feel well with that cold wind. 

"We're really sorry but Jihyo here is actually sick so we just can't choose to stay in the car although it can be an option." 

Jihyo was startled a bit with the sudden mention of her name yet she managed to show a weak smile to the family who is now looking at her worriedly.

"Really? Aigoo, of course you can. Come in." 

Jihoon heard Jihyo relieved sigh when the mother finally gave them a go signal to stay with them for the whole night. The two awkwardly entered the small home of the family who welcomed them.

"Min Hyun come here and help me." Jihyo smiled at the girl Min Hyun when she saw her getting disappointed when her mother called her as she was busy looking at the two celebrities in front of her. 

"Have a seat. You two must feel tired. You came all the way from Seoul, right? How come you got lost here?" It was the father who offered them to sit and started a conversation. 

"We're on our way to a common friend's house, but I misspelled the place when I entered it in the navigation. We're supposed to be in Suncheon today."

"That's 8 hours away from here." 

Just then, the mother and Min Hyun came and offered both of them a tea and a bread. Jihoon just felt Jihyo letting go of his hand as she's about to drink and thanked them.

"Eomoni gamsahabnida." 

The two got curious what the mother and Min Hyun suddenly whispering about but decided to just focus in eating. They're both too hungry to feel embarass of eating. 

"Ahm, we actually only have two rooms here but Min Hyun can sleep with us and both of you could take her room."

Jihyo suddenly coughed out the tea she just drank while Jihoon tried to look away.

"Oh, aren't you two dating?" The father asked them after seeing the reaction of the two celebrities.

"We're not. We're f-friends. But it's fine abeoji. Right Jihoon?" Jihyo stammered with her words and looked at Jihoon, signaling him to play along through her gaze.

"Yeah, we're just friends but it won't be a problem if we'll stay in one room." He immediately drink his tea, unable to believe his own words.

"Omo, you're not together? I really thought you both get back together since you're holding hands when you came herre." Min Hyun's mother covered her daughter's mouth automatically after seeing Jihyo and Jihoon both flushed with what they heard. 

"Sorry about her. She's actually quite a fan so she's up to date with you know, things going on with celebrities." The mother's  statement just made the two more awkward and embarass as it only means that they are well aware of the two's relationship. "We'll leave you now so you can rest. Let's sleep as well." 

The mother forcefully pulled her daughter and husband with her while the two were left alone. 

"You should go inside the room. You need to rest." Jihoon told her without looking at Jihyo.

"How 'bout you? Aren't you going in?"

"I'll contact Jeong Hoon first. He's been calling both of us since this afternoon but my phone's in silent mode in my bag while yours is dead so we both missed it. So I'll update them first." 

"Okay. I'll go in now." Jihyo walked away but turned to him again. "Don't you dare try to sleep here. It will be cold out here. It's really fine with me that we need to stay in one room."

Before he could even reply, Jihyo is already inside. He sighed and just decided to contact Jeong Hoon and asked for anyone that could pick them up when morning comes. He was supposed to go follow Jihyo inside when he remembered something. So after contacting their friends, he tried to knock on the host's room.

"Are you asleep already? Sorry, but it's just kind of urgent."

"No, no...it's fine, what is it?" 

"Do you have any herbs here that could lower someone's fever?"

"That's right. Song Jihyossi is sick right? We have some paracetamol here. Wait here, I'll get it."

"Ahm, she actually can't just take any medicine. She has an allergy with most of it, so herbal medicine is the safest to give her right now." 

"Really? We have some here but I'm not sure what to give her." 

"Can I see it? I might recognize something that could give her." 

"Sure, sure. Follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter