Chap 7: Cherries

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ju Jihoon rushingly went out of his unit since he woke up late that morning. He saw Jihyo waiting in front of the elevator still wearing her pajamas while holding what appears to be a bag of trash. He didn't even took a glance at her and immediately enter the elevator when it opened. He's fixing his watch and didn't press the button towards the ground floor as he assumed Jihyo to press it but seconds passed and there was no sign of someone entering the elevator.

He looked up and was stunned to know that Jihyo wasn't there anymore. He went out of the elevator again and there was no sign of her. Since he's running late, he just let it go and enter the elevator and went running into his manager's car that's waiting for him outside the building.

"You're late." 

"I'm sorry, I woke up late." Jihoon looked at the window upon apologizing to his manager.

The car is already on its way when he saw Jihyo through the window just went out of the buiding through the fire exit and put her trash in the bin. Eventhough it's kind of blur, her exhaustion is visible and he saw her wiping the sweat on her head and neck. Jihoon was reminded of what happened last night and how Jihyo used the stairs instead of the elevator. Jihoon started laughing on his own.

"I know your schedule these days is a bit tedious but please, don't lose your mind." His manager commented after seeing him laughed by himself. 

Jihoon didn't respond and just continue laughing softly by being amuse with the fact that Jihyo would go to such length just to avoid him. 

Jihoon now finished his taping but when his manager dropped him in his building, he chose to stay inside his car while looking out for a specific person to come. 

"Now, let's see if I'm right." Jihoon talked to himself.

15 minutes later, he saw Jihyo came out of a car and waved as it drove away from the building. He decided to went out of his car as well and noticed Jihyo stiffened upon seeing him. He walked past her and acted like he just come and didn't wait for 15 minutes inside his car just to confirm something. When he entered the elevator, he waited for a bit to see if Jihyo would come and the times that he saw her using the stairs have nothinh to do with him. Just as he expected, Jihyo didn't enter the elevator. Jihoon pressed the 5th floor but when he reached his destination, he didn't go out and once again press the ground floor. Let's see.

When the elevator opened at the ground floor, Jihyo was still there and was about to enter when she was obviously caught off guard that Jihoon is still there. 

"Aren't you going in?" Jihoon asked her.

"Uhm, no. I'm waiting for a delivery." Jihyo told her with a smile and Jihoon was thankful that he stopped himself from laughing out loud with her obvious lie. 

"Okay. I'll go first then." 

Instead of pressing the 5th floor button again where his unit is, he pressed the 15th floor.

"If my guess is right, she would be too impatient to wait for the elevator again and will just use the stairs." Jihoon said to himself, still smiling, obviously enjoying to see how flustered Jihyo is. 

When he reached the 15th floor, he finally press the 5th floor button and instead of getting directly to his unit, he waited with his arms crossed in front of the fire exit.

"Omo!" He looked at Jihyo being startled to see him when she came out of the fire exit.

"Did you use the stairs again?" Jihoon asked her but Jihyo didn't reply as she's still trying to chase her breath.

"It's tiring, isn't it?" Jihoon continued.

"Well...I..-"

"You let me enter the elevator first and decided to just use it once I reached my unit but then I was still there when the elevator get back to the ground floor, so you stayed again. But I decided to press the 15th floor button and you're getting impatient so you use the stairs again thinking that the elevator won't be fast enough to get down from the 15th floor to here since you don't want to be in the same space as me. Am I right?"

Jihoon now confirmed that Jihyo is really avoiding him when he saw her opened then closed it again as if looking for ways to explain herself. 

"Jihyo-ssi, if you can't handle seeing me or being in the same space as me, then you're free to look for another unit because I won't adjust for you. You can continue being like this but you're just making things really uncomfortable right now." Jihoon was also shocked by what he's saying. He knew he still find it funny how Jihyo badly wanted to avoid him for the past days that she chose to go up and down the stairs instead of using the elevator. But now that he's face-to-face with her, it's like his real emotions about her is taking over. He's still upset to her and he knows its showing. 

"It's nothing like that. I was just ashamed how irresponsible I was when I was drunk and ended up....causing inconvenience to you." Jihyo answered him with a low and small voice that he almost didn't hear her.

"Don't be, you've done far worse than that to me." With that, Jihyo finally looked at him. He's sure Jihyo gets what he meant behind his words. 

"Let's deal with this situation professionally. We can just act like what you did when I guested in your show before. Besides, we've been treating each other like strangers for years now. So don't use the stairs anymore. Stop running away. Don't be too hard on yourself." 

With that, Jihoon left her there and he's sure he saw Jihyo's expressions getting upset. Like she just heard something so absurd. An expression he didn't expect to see from her. Between the two of us, I have more the right to get upset.  

The next day, Jihoon enjoyed the peacefulness of his day off. He's currently in his unit watching whatever movie he can find on television, when his doorbell rang.

"Eh? Who would it be?" Jihoon was confused while walking to his door since he's expecting no one that day. He looked through the monitor but there was no one. He just decided to open the door to see if there's someone near but he felt something hit his foot. When he looked down, it was a box.

What's this? 

Jihoon took the note pasted on the top of the box. 

I'm sorry once again for causing trouble when I was drunk. I assure you that won't happen a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter