Chap 5: Life's Humor

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite his confusion, Jihoon immediately opened his door to confront Jihyo who he can still see from the monitor continuously pressing his door code. He didn't know that Jihyo is a bit leaning on the door so the moment he opened the door, Jihyo fell towards him. He was able to support both of their weight by holding her shoulders. Just then Jihoon realized their position, they're too close from each other. 

He's getting nervous only due to the fact that it's the first time that they've been this close since their break up. The closest proximity they have since then is when he guested in Running Man, yet even then, Jihyo is obviously avoiding him and preventing any opportunity for them to interact. He can also tell that the Running Man members are obviously helping her away from him. 

"Jihyo-ssi?" Jihoon's lips are shaking upon calling her name. It's been a while.

Yet he failed to hear any response from her, aside from the fact that he's already getting tired in supporting her weight. Wait, is she sleeping? Jihoon was suddenly reminded of the only reason Jihyo wouldn't answer. Her habit that can be connected to all her clumsiness. Jihoon tried to pull Jihyo a bit from him and all he managed to do is closed his eyes and groan when he confirmed that Jihyo is really passed out. What am I supposed to do now?

First things first, his arms are numbing so he didn't care anymore. He was trying his best to lift Jihyo when she suddenly stood up straight and moved away from him. Then he was startled when Jihyo started walking towards his room. "Yah, yah. Jihyo." He failed to notice that he's calling her how he used to instead of his initial decision to address her formally.

Strangely, Jihyo still has her eyes closed and was able to determine the right path towards his room like it's not her first time to be in there. It took him too long to recover from shock and followed Jihyo immediately in his room and found her already on his bed, lying face down. Jihoon tried calling Kwang Soo but his phone is not even ringing. He can't call Ji Sung since he might be home now with his wife. For pete's sake it's almost just 3am. Who the hell is still awake now?

Jihoon restlessly scrolled down his contacts but he doesn't has the contact number of anyone that might be related with Jihyo except of Kwang Soo. Besides, who among them would even drive to his unit at this time? Jihoon turned to his last resort. He went to Jihyo and opened the small bag she's wearing to check her phone and as expected, it's locked. Jihoon despondently sat down on the bed beside Jihyo unable to comprehend what he suddenly got himself into. 

"Years passed yet you're still like this whenever you're drunk." Some things never change huh. Jihoon silently stated while looking at the woman whom he never imagined would be sleeping in his room again. Despite his troubled emotions now, he still adjusted Jihyo's position from lying face down and rolled her to make her lie on her back then pulled her upwards to keep her feet from dangling out of the bed and her head on the pillow. He then removed her boots and felt his cheek reddened when he just noticed how short Jihyo's dress is. He immediately get the sheet to cover her. 

He took one last look at her when he saw the strands of hair that Jihyo is almost eating. With that, he automatically moved his hand to remove the hair strands but stopped his hand just inches away from her face. What am I even doing? Jihoon finally decided to leave her alone in the room before temptation could take him.

It's 7am. And Jihoon is on his living room sitting lifelessly on his sofa, with the phone on his ear and talking like a robot to the guy whom he's blaming for everything. Bags under his eyes are clearly evident that morning.

Kwang Soo: Hyung, sorry I failed to answer your calls. Why did you leave immediately last night?

"I was just tired."

Kwang Soo: Then why did you call me at what? 2am? 3am?

"Nothing. Yeah, it's nothing."

Kwang Soo: Hyung? Are you sure you're fine?

"I'm fine. Yeah, everything is fine." 

Jihoon's talk was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter