Chap 15: Her Side of the Truth

Broadcast Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seems like the situation just managed to process in Jihyo's mind. Exiting from her bathroom wearing her pajamas, she awkwardly paced around her room. She proceeded on opening and closing her drawer as if looking for something she doesn't know, well aware of Jihoon following her every move.

Whatever came to her mind for allowing Jihoon to enter her room and is now silently sitting on her bed, she's pondering as well. The situation came in rush through her mind, causing her to wince and reddened.

"Jihyo, stop pacing around. Do you want me to go out? I could just wait at your living room." Jihoon considerately asked her. 

The alcohol in Jihoon's blood might have subsided due to Haha's offered coffee from the restaurant. "Huh? No, no. I'm sorry. I just don't know how to approach this." She said and settled down beside him on her bed. 

There was silence. Jihyo knew that he's still in deep thinking as his forehead frequently creases, accompanied by his heavy sighs. 

"Are you sober?" She finally broke the awkward silence.

Jihoon looked up and just gave her a nod as a confirmation.

"How 'bout your hands? Does it hurt?"

"It's tolerable."

"Headache? Want me to get you something for it?" 

He didn't respond but continued looking at her which she obviously trying to avoid since earlier. "Okay. I'll - I'll get you some." Trying to escape temporarily, Jihyo stood up but Jihoon pulled her back to sitting. 

She sat in a way to not meet his eyes yet her nervousness doubled when Jihoon started playing with her fingers. He sounds sober but she wanted to justify his clinginess through his consumed alcohol. 

"Let's stop running away now, Jihyo. You promised to finally tell me everything." He calmly reminded her and gently brushes his thumb on her hand.

She felt warm inside with Jihoon's actions. Until now, no matter their history, no matter the situation, he still prioritises her comfort. He deserves this.

Acknowledging him, she fixes herself to finally face him and gave him a genuine smile. "Where should I start?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" It was Jihoon's way to guide her. 

With that question, Jihyo felt her chest tightening. Jihoon felt her squeezing his hand so he placed his other hand above hers. His way of assuring her that he'll listen. 

"I tried. But I didn't have the courage to force myself in telling you." She paused and looked at their linked hands. "You were so happy."

....................

Since the ending of Princess Hours, the two continued to be in a relationship. Finding time for each other was a challege yet amazingly, they managed to do so with Jihyo frequently visiting at Jihoon's unit.

The four of the main casts of Princess Hours landed roles immediately after their successful stint in the drama and Jihyo was casted in the middle of the successful Jumong drama as one of its main actors. Throughout her journey, for how viewers assumed that she was miscasted to viewers sending a petition to not let her character die, Jihoon was her main support. 

He was with her in the days that she felt discouraged with the comments. He was her crying shoulder. He was there to personally support her to the premiere of  is Zero 2. He was a proud boyfriend and so was she. Yet their relationship started facing challenges when Jihyo accepted the movie Frozen Flower. 

"Are you sure about this?" 

"I wanna do this. I felt like I'll regret it more if I let go of this opportunity. Will you be fine?"

"Of course, I will. It's part of our job. You don't have to worry about me. I'll support you with everything."

 "Congrats Insung-ssi and Jihyo-ssi." 

Praises from people and celebrities who attended their movie premiere poured. Yet from everyone, Jihyo noticed the same thing. All of them only looked at Insung. They all can't look at her for a long time. As if looking at her after watching the movie was a sin. 

But she ignored this and waited for the person who she knew would look proudly at her. The premiere ended but there was no sight of Jihoon. She's proud of herself for a job well done. She knew that she did her best yet strangely, she felt like she's fighting a different battle from her costars. It's not just her who exposed herself in the movie, yet why does people looked at her differently. She felt alone. 

"Jihoon, where are you?" After how many tries, Jihoon finally answered her call. From the noise, Jihyo wondered where could he be.

"Babe...I'm sorry, I had my phone in the bag, I didn't notice your calls. Why? Do you need something?" 

"Where are you?" She repeated.

"Oh..I'm with my costars in a karaoke restaurant here in Gangnam. Didn't I tell you?"

"No...have you forgotten?"

"Forget what? Did we schedule something today?"

"Today is the movie premiere. I just wondered why you aren't here so I called."

There was silence and later on, Jihyo heard muffled noises from the other line. "Jihyo, I'm on my way. I'm really sorry babe. I forgot to ask my manager to plot it in my schedule." 

She heard the engine starts. "No need. It's fine Jihoon. We're both busy, I understand. Just stay with them." Truthfully, it was the first time that Jihoon forget something important about her. She was hurt but she does not want to start things that could damage their relationship. 

"Babe, are you mad? Gosh, where are you right now?"

"Jihoon, really, It's fine. Besides I'm on my way to Pohang. Don't make it hard for yourself."

"I'm coming, Jihyo. I'll see you there. I'll make it up to you. I'm sorry. I love you." 

That was nothing, she thought. She thought it was just a shallow fight, a mere tantrums from her. Yet it was the start of her insecurities building. She didn't notice it at first, but later on, she realized her inferiority complex, even towards her boyfriend. 

They remained strong, atleast from Jihoon's perspective. Jihyo on the other hand, continued to fight her own battles silently. Jihoon, Eun Hye, Jeong Hoon, their careers exponentially grow. After Frozen Flower, her career struggled. There were no offers for her after the movie. The hate comments about her continued as well. Although she learned to ignore it, there were really times that she succumbs to their words. 

"Hello, Jihyossi. Let's meet up. You have an offer for another movie." 

Her manager's words rang through her ear. She immediately sat up from her bed and jumped happily while screaming enthusiastically. Just then, her phone rang again.

"Good morning. Are you free - "

"Ya! Jihoon! I have a movie offer. I'll meet my manager later on to check the script but no matter what, I'll accept it." 

She heard him chuckling from the other line. "Why?" 

"I'm just happy. Finally. I  never heard you this excited for a long time." 

She smiled. Despite her own problems and struggles, in times like this, Jihoon always knew the words to say. "Really? Guess I just missed acting so much."

"I'm happy for you. I hope that goes well."

"Thank you. Oh, wait. Why did you call?"

"Well...Are you free after your meeting? Let's date?"

"Outside?"

"Hmm. Yeah? Don't worry. I reserved a private one." 

"Okay. It's a date then."

"Jihyossi, think carefully about it. It's been a while since your last project. Besides, it won't be the first time that you'll expose yourself." Her manager tried to pursue her.

This is not the kind of meeting she envisioned on her way to their meeting place. She was happy for the offer yet upon knowing the she needs to be again, she's having second thoughts. She felt like people will once again assumed that accepting controversial projects is the only way for her to land a role. Cause honestly, she's getting tired of it as well. 

It's not the project that she worries, it's the people's opinions about her. 

She closed her eyes and give her manager a vague response. "Give me time to think about it."

After her meeting, she came quickly to where Jihoon reserved their date.

"How was the meeting?" Jihoon asked her while wiping off her sweat. 

"Later. How 'bout you? What's with this sudden date? Usually, we scheduled our dates first."

"I actually have something to tell you."

She paused from eating and looked up to him. "What is it?" 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter