Ika-labing apat na Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I badly wanna wipe that smile off her face… am I being too bad ba? Alistaire’s just watching me put Luna to sleep after she wakes up with our argument earlier. 

 

The trial was a little longer than I expected. I wanted to eat lunch with them pa nga sana.

 

“As I was saying…” Before I could even continue what I was gonna say, Alistaire’s just there, sitting and smiling at me. She even had the audacity to pull me closer and made me sit on her lap.

 

“As you were saying ano po?” I rolled my eyes at her statement. She sounded delighted pa instead of the other way around. This woman?!

 

“What took you so long kanina?!” She just laughed at my question and hugged me.

 

“Kinausap ko nga sya po, para dun sa bahay na pinapagawa ng father nya. Hindi naman ako mag-stay dun kung wala kaming importanteng pag-uusapan po.” She sounded like she was explaining to a toddler—do I look like a toddler?!

 

“And then?”

 

“And ayun lang po, umalis din ako after namin pag-usapan ‘yung mga changes sa bahay kasama ‘yung architect.” The architect is there naman pala, why does she have to be there?!

 

“Alam ko na iniisip mo, Lagi ko… bakit pa ‘ko nag-stay dun if nandun ang architect?” I am so irritated right now!

 

“Kasi po ako ang naghahandle ng workers. Wala kang dapat ipag-alala… sa’yo’t sa’yo lang ako—teka, ang cringe pala nun ‘no?” I rolled my eyes before laughing alongside her.

 

I rested my weight against her, staring at the ceiling or her office.

 

“I love you.” I heard her whisper.

 

“Hmm… I love you more.” I replied.

 

I can settle for this… this comfort, this coziness, and this silence.

 

“Do you think your chair can hold us for another hour?” I asked her.

 

“Hmm? Sa wooden chair tayo nakaupo, Lagi ko. Parang kaya naman niya timbang natin.” She laughed right after. Well then, it’s better, kasi I have no plans of standing up pa.

 

“Won’t your legs go numb?” I’ve heard her complain about her knees, and back hurting and I don’t wanna add more pain naman ‘no!

 

“Strong ‘to, Lagi ko, ‘wag mo isipin. Upo ka lang dyan.” Sometimes I ask myself if I deserve this kind of treatment ba kasi minsan Alistaire’s so nice… or maybe I was just so harsh to myself?

 

I closed my eyes, and let myself listen to her hum and utter words that I know nothing about… confessions maybe?

 

“Alam mo ba, Lagi ko…” I love how random her stories are. I love hearing about them.

 

“Ano po?” I copied her tone every time she asked me. It sounded so soft, and warm… and I love it.

 

“Wala lang… crush kita.” I rolled my eyes at her attempt to flirt.

 

“I know that, so tagal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter