Ika-sampung Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got excited at the fact that Alistaire is anticipating Luna’s arrival sa house. I was actually worried pa nga ever since she agreed to the idea of raising a child, and having a family together way back in college, we didn’t touch the topic anymore. I was a little hesitant, baka she changed her mind but turns out, she was just as excited as I am.

 

She kept asking me questions regarding Luna, and I couldn’t be more delighted to answer.

 

“Lagi ko, okay lang ba kay Luna if dalawa Mommy niya?” She asked while we were in the dining area. I was busy stuffing food into my mouth but stopped midway.

 

I looked her in the eyes. She’s been bothered by these kinds of questions lately—-a day before we finally give Luna a home, and a new family.

 

“Did you see how she looked at you when you handed her to me last week?” That view warmed my heart, and remembering it just makes me smile.

 

“Ano po?”

 

“She smiled at me after staring at you, Lagi ko… I’m sure she won’t mind having two mommies.” She’s cute, wondering about things like this.

 

I remember when I asked her about it during our college days. She looked surprised but I loved how she smiled right after. She never failed to remind me that she’s fulfilling her words—she’ll support me in whatever I want.

 

“Ganda ka, Lagi ko. Kahit sinong tumingin sa’yo ngingiti.” My smile faded and her laughter resonated across the house. What a woman!?

 

“Stop that, I know I’m maganda… but that’s so cringy, Lagi ko!” She just smiled at me and winked.

 

“Nagsasabi lang naman ng totoo, Lagi ko.”

 

“You’re such a weirdo.” I spoke.

 

“Inasawa mo ‘ko, remember?” No regrets.

 

“And I don’t regret it.” I’m lucky. I feel so lucky that she’s this patient, and lenient with me.

 

“Buti naman… wala kasi akong balak na ibalik ka.” She replied with a smile.

 

“So you’re planning to keep me huh?”

 

“Oo, bawi na lang ‘yung iba sa next life—-ay mali, wala, bawal sila. Sa’kin ka lang.” I laughed at her response.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

We were seated in silence. This is the most awkward time na we spent together, I think? We used to be silent din naman before but this time, I can feel she has a lot of questions she wants to ask but she doesn’t want to, but she’s keeping shut for days already.

 

“Let’s go out tomorrow?” She just nodded at my invitation.

 

“Do you wanna break-up with me?” I dropped the biggest question.

 

“Ha? Hindi. Bakit?” A little odd, I guess?

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter