Ikawalong Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We eventually got cramped up sa bed after our mini-dinner date. I thought none of us would remember it since we know naman how busy we are because of work and some things. She’s so busy sa site and sa firm while I’m busy with all these readings and clients.

 

Actually, it is her pa nga who’s just here beside me, and playing on her phone silently while I’m busy reading some files.

 

We’re both enjoying our coffee pa while being consumed by the things we’re doing. It’s not everytime na we get to spend this much of a time together if nasa work. But I can say na I’m a little happy? I know, the rain was not a blessing for everyone but to me it was kasi we got to be around each other while working. She made some calls while she’s with me sa office kanina.

 

“Lagi ko, may hearing ka bukas ‘no?” I just hummed in response to her question. It’s not a small case, none is. But it’s outside my duty as a company lawyer.

 

“Baka wala akong work bukas, kasi umuulan pa rin…” She added. I love how she never fails to update me about the random things even if I don’t ask.

 

“So what would you do po bukas?” I looked at her. She’s done playing na yata.

 

“Wala pa naman po, pero may mga plano ka ba bukas? Samahan kita.” She spoke like a kid. It’s like she’s always excited if it’s with me. I’m not trying to brag but that’s just how it is, my woman is the best everyone could ask for.

 

I have nothing planned pa naman for tomorrow but the hearing wouldn’t take long daw since my client has asked for compensation na lang regarding some damages but I’m not really sure.

 

I looked around my things.

 

“Oh, before I forget.” I picked up the brown envelope by the table. I’m supposed to give this to her kanina but it slipped off my mind.

 

“Ano ‘to Lagi ko? Makikipag-divorce ka ba?” She just laughed when I glared at her. Such a bad woman!

 

“Why? Do you want me to!? You have other girls ‘no?!” She panicked at the question.

 

“Hindi ganun Lagi ko. Nagjo-joke lang naman ako. Baka lang naman ‘di mo na kaya maging asawa ng commoner.” We’ve talked about it a lot of times before pero I don’t know what to feel whenever she says that. 

 

“I told you Lagi ko, I can compromise and I’m contented with you naman.”...or I really hate it whenever she mentions that. It’s not like I’m a brat who always needs to be spoiled.

 

I want, and need her not for what she has but because I love her.

 

“Joke lang Lagi ko.” She smiled at me and opened the envelope.

 

It’s like watching her transition from a clueless person to someone who just received a plaque of appreciation.

 

“Birth Certificate…? Birth Cer—you… teka, ano!? Luna…?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter